Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its a tough fight in the dumb post catagory today between the violent fantasies and glorified poster fanfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Davincie posted:

its a tough fight in the dumb post catagory today between the violent fantasies and glorified *potentially underage* poster fanfic

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you are winning now

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
what is going on in here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why cant you people just be normal

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I was very confused after reading this and my control panel said the anime chat thread had 35 unread posts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

I was very confused after reading this and my control panel said the anime chat thread had 35 unread posts

the secret is this thread and the chat thread are the same, this one just has more tweets about news

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

why cant you people just be normal

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh boy has it been a minute since I've been here to talk poo poo about anime and have meaningless internet arguments about dumb anime poo poo.

Speaking of which I see the Goblin Slayer thread has been gas chambered already. I would have been surprised if it wasn't.

What's the hot thing these days? Already caught up on Goblin Slayer, Gridman, and some of Bunny Girl Sempai, and planning to check out the slime show.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 19, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

What's the hot thing these days? Already caught up on Goblin Slayer, Gridman, and some of Bunny Girl Sempai, and planning to check out the slime show.

Other than those, Zombieland Saga and Bloom Into You (the latter of which I haven't seen yet but is popular around here).

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Agronox posted:

Other than those, Zombieland Saga and Bloom Into You (the latter of which I haven't seen yet but is popular around here).

Not sure about either as neither idol nor romance stuff has ever been my thing but I'll give them a shot.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

ViggyNash posted:

Bunny Girl Sempai

Ok so despite watching lots of anime and VNs and all that, this is something that's slipped past me. Is there a difference between Senpai and Sempai, or is it just two different translations of the same word? Seems like it could be either or

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

klapman posted:

Ok so despite watching lots of anime and VNs and all that, this is something that's slipped past me. Is there a difference between Senpai and Sempai, or is it just two different translations of the same word? Seems like it could be either or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepburn_romanization#Syllabic_n

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Check out Run With The Wind aka Running Boys as well, it's a treat.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh btw if there are good recs for previous seasons I'd appreciate those too. The only shows I've watched all year outside this season are Franxx and Angels of Death.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

Not sure about either as neither idol nor romance stuff has ever been my thing but I'll give them a shot.

Idols aren't particularly my thing either, but ZLS might be the gateway drug. Besides, it's more about "friendship between girls" as one of the VAs put it and it's genuinely funny.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
A Place Further Than the Universe is def worth checking out, one of the best new anime this year.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Oh btw if there are good recs for previous seasons I'd appreciate those too. The only shows I've watched all year outside this season are Franxx and Angels of Death.

Place Further Than The Universe
Yurucamp
Megalobox
Hanebado
Grand Blue
Cells at Work
Hinamatsuri
SAO:GGO
Asobi Asobase
Umamusume (surprisingly)
Comic Girls
Wotakoi
Harukana Receive

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ViggyNash posted:

Oh boy has it been a minute since I've been here to talk poo poo about anime and have meaningless internet arguments about dumb anime poo poo.

Speaking of which I see the Goblin Slayer thread has been gas chambered already. I would have been surprised if it wasn't.

I definetly rec Slime, Wotakoi, Asobi Asobase, Chio's School Road, Zombie Land Saga, Hinamatsuri and everything else Ibblebibble rec'd.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nearly forgot Lupin the III Part 5 but glad I didn't.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ViggyNash posted:

Welcome back ViggyNash.

Since Winter, some of the top shows I've seen talked about have been

A Place Further than the Universe
Yuru Camp
Pop Team Epic
Killing Bites
Citrus
Overlord II and III
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 2
Violet Evergarden
Hinamatsuri
My Hero Academia Season 3
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Megalo Box
Wotakoi
Hanebado!
Harukana Receive
Planet With
Asobi Asobase
Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight 
Hisone to Maso-tan
Yama no Susume (encouragement of climb) season 3
Cells at Work
Gurazeni
Skull-Faced Bookseller Honda-san
Bunny-Girl Senpai
SSSS.Gridman
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Bloom Into You
Zombieland Saga
Lupin Part 5
Jojo Part 5
Hugtto! Pretty Cure
Baki the Grappler OVA
Devilman Crybaby
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Netflix's Aggressive Retsuko

kater
Nov 16, 2010

'I can't remember any good stuff from spring'

*looks it up*

'oh i guess there was some stuff'

'wait did summer have anything good at all?'

'Oh I guess it did'

This has been my exciting post about not remembering things well.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Agronox posted:

Idols aren't particularly my thing either, but ZLS might be the gateway drug. Besides, it's more about "friendship between girls" as one of the VAs put it and it's genuinely funny.
So are almost all idol shows, it's the same as sports anime and friendship between guys.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

yes but I’m trying to get him to watch it because it is very good!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sorry it's just a refrain that kinda irritates me, the same way that people will say something about not even liking sports, but hey this sports anime is mostly about characters. Which makes it clear they've never watched a sports show or movie, anime or not before. It's like assuming that the Wolf of Wall Street is gonna involve a lot of math about the technical details of stock trading.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agronox posted:

yes but I’m trying to get him to watch it because it is very good!
Extremely this.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Sorry it's just a refrain that kinda irritates me, the same way that people will say something about not even liking sports, but hey this sports anime is mostly about characters. Which makes it clear they've never watched a sports show or movie, anime or not before. It's like assuming that the Wolf of Wall Street is gonna involve a lot of math about the technical details of stock trading.
Yeah, that seems like a fair shake. Apropos of you mentioning WOWS, I recently rewatched that and man, I thought that would hold up better than it did. :shobon:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

People mostly just have this weird image of idol anime in their head and then assume the things they like are the exceptions and not the rule. If someone legit does't like idol anime that's fine but the amount of idol anime that are about everyone loving a male self-insert is like, two? And one of those is Macross.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hikaru rocked those flares better than I ever could

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

Welcome back ViggyNash.

Since Winter, some of the top shows I've seen talked about have been

A Place Further than the Universe
Yuru Camp
Pop Team Epic
Killing Bites
Citrus
Overlord II and III
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 2
Violet Evergarden
Hinamatsuri
My Hero Academia Season 3
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Megalo Box
Wotakoi
Hanebado!
Harukana Receive
Planet With
Asobi Asobase
Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight 
Hisone to Maso-tan
Yama no Susume (encouragement of climb) season 3
Cells at Work
Gurazeni
Skull-Faced Bookseller Honda-san
Bunny-Girl Senpai
SSSS.Gridman
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Bloom Into You
Zombieland Saga
Lupin Part 5
Jojo Part 5
Hugtto! Pretty Cure
Baki the Grappler OVA
Devilman Crybaby
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Netflix's Aggressive Retsuko

Ibblebibble posted:

Place Further Than The Universe
Yurucamp
Megalobox
Hanebado
Grand Blue
Cells at Work
Hinamatsuri
SAO:GGO
Asobi Asobase
Umamusume (surprisingly)
Comic Girls
Wotakoi
Harukana Receive

Mmmhmmm, well guess I'll see you all in a couple months if I don't die from too much anime.

e: Forgot I already caught Devilman (wtf Yuasa) and Hinamatsuri as well. Feels like so long ago I forgot they were this year.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 19, 2018

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

klapman posted:

lol every time I wake up after drinking I get worried about my post history and it's always just the most innocuous poo poo. Thanks for the info.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Holy poo poo Asobi Asobase is 100% Daily Lives of High School Girls. And that ed...

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ViggyNash posted:

Holy poo poo Asobi Asobase is 100% Daily Lives of High School Girls. And that ed...

Yeah, it's the closest I've seen to Daily Lives in years, but a bit meaner.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ViggyNash posted:

I love the massive contrast between the opening and the ending.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yeah, it's the closest I've seen to Daily Lives in years, but a bit meaner.

And significantly more butt jokes.

E: "Yaaay! gently caress you!"

This show is a diamond mine of unwholesome goodness.

E2: oh my god Olivia's brother

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 20, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

E2: oh my god Olivia's brother

His was probably the best of the endcards:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1075273027271585792

MHA is starting a lot later next year. Gotta let the manga breathe.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1075273027271585792

MHA is starting a lot later next year. Gotta let the manga breathe.

Lets the staff breathe too, which is nice. I don't mind the delay.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Agronox posted:

His was probably the best of the endcards:

Arin Hanson looking pretty intense here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
finally a good excuse to just catch up on the manga like I said I'd do for like a year