Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:oh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Gripweed posted:

the game featuring Toadette, New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe. I just saw a preview for it and that reminded me that the game isn't even out yet but the meme it's announcement spawned feels like it's from a year ago

Bowsette was only from mid September.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I saw this game, Blazing Chrome is coming out for Switch soon too

I know that indie games generally like to be "inspired by" or "in the spirit of" or "homage" stuff, but goddamn. That's just blatantly Appleseed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Any recommendations for a good case. I occasionally travel for work so it'd be nice to take my Switch on the go

Anybody have a rec

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gripweed posted:

I know that indie games generally like to be "inspired by" or "in the spirit of" or "homage" stuff, but goddamn. That's just blatantly Appleseed

No one is making Appleseed games so I'm cool with it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's actually even more blatantly Contra Hard Corps which will become extremely obvious as soon as you see gameplay of it.

It's the same team that did Odallus so there's a pretty good chance it'll be a solid game.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Anybody have a rec

They're all OK I guess, I can't recall any big talk about it unlike lots of other accessories. So whichever looks good to you.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bushisms.txt posted:

Lol, and then miss out on the good old double dip? You'll get it a year later and like it

I mean, I'm no joke going to buy Killer 7 when it comes out on Switch despite owning it on Steam already. I kinda bought it on Steam just to ensure that it even does come out on Switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gripweed posted:

Speaking of mid nineties nostalgia, does Ion Maiden have a release date yet?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

that's such a sad little icon whenever and wherever i see it. just heartbroken disappointment :smith:

Been playing a little bit of Kirby Star Allies while traveling. Man I should have picked this up a lot sooner, it is incredibly satisfying even given (or maybe because of?) how dead simple it is. Just like any other kirb, I guess.

Feels bad unsummoning Friends though. (By the way, there any easier way to swap powers between Kirby and a friend?)

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hi thread, important question here.

What is the correct way to respond to someone who says "pokey-mon"?

Thank you.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

ColdPie posted:

Thank you.

How else are you supposed to say it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ponzicar posted:

As far as I know, there's pokey-mon, pokay-mon, and pokuh-mon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ponzicar posted:

Pocket Monsters :wotwot:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
ポケモン imo

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Some people pronounce that Y really hard, so depends which way we want to do this. I almost say it with an A sound unless I'm being silly then it's way more a Y.

Less I'm giving the GF a bit of poo poo then it's pokeymans

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

poe-kemmin

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ColdPie posted:

Thank you.

that's how you say it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Who is that Pokémon!!!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ponzicar posted:

Looper posted:

that's how you say it

I am shaking with rage right now

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kUG-YDcLuw

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Pocket Mans

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Look at the letters that are in the word and then use those, same as any other word.

PERKERMERN!!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I always say pokeemans because it irritates my son and that's important.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Any recommendations on Switch games for older adults (60+) that are getting a console for Christmas? They will be getting Mario Kart and Mario Party already. Are there any puzzle games or non-rpgs/sports that anyone would recommend?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

dms666 posted:

Any recommendations on Switch games for older adults (60+) that are getting a console for Christmas? They will be getting Mario Kart and Mario Party already. Are there any puzzle games or non-rpgs/sports that anyone would recommend?

Dark Souls

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

dms666 posted:

Thumper.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

PICROSS

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's digital only (I think) but Picross S is the correct answer.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The pinball games maybe?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Picross is incredibly cool and good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

When Pokémon first came out in the States I read an article about it in some kids’ magazine that claimed it was pronounced “pah-KEE-mon.” Those magazine editors really loving trolled me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Europe is getting a limited edition of Travis Strikes Again

gently caress it's already all sold out, drat

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 20, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
My left joycon stick is responding a little more slowly than usual. It's especially pronounced in Lumines, and I can see it happening in the Settings menu. Calibration doesn't fix it. Seems specific to the y-axis. Has anyone else experienced this?

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 20, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

My left joycon stick is responding a little more slowly than usual. It's especially pronounced in Lumines, and I can see it happening in the Settings menu. Calibration doesn't fix it. Seems specific to the y-axis. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. Don't know why. Seems to be within the last update too. If it matters, I only play Lumines in tabletop mode.
And sometimes LB takes a moment to respond and scroll through pics on the eshop.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 20, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Yes. Don't know why. Seems to be within the last update too. If it matters, I only play Lumines in tabletop mode.

I'm in attached mode. In the calibration screen the right joycon stick input moves perfectly, left looks like poo poo in comparison. Of course this comes two days before I get to spend 3 hours in a hospital waiting room by myself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheScott2K posted:

Yes, I’ve had similar issues. poo poo gets stuck under the dust cap of the sticks and it’s difficult to clean them. That’s probably the issue.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Just gonna do the engineer thing and make everything worse by picking up tools. Replacement stick arrives Friday.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

After messing with an Xbox One X for awhile, I really really appreciate the UI on Switch. It’s so clean and fast. We do need folders though and themes would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I still can't believe Switch wallpapers aren't a thing in tyool 2018.
Just leaving money on the table...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw