Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

woman who refers to her pets as "furbaby" and herself as their "mom" declares herself in charge of who should be on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the whites are at it again

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2...s-identity.html

quote:

Christian advocate William Whatcott is battling “censorship” and “intolerance” by fighting a human-rights complaint that trans advocate Morgane Oger filed against him, according to lawyer Charles Lugosi.

Lugosi argued that his client had the right to distribute flyers that questioned the gender of Oger, a transgender woman. It’s a matter of free speech, he said, characterizing transgender issues as “moral issues” that deserves debate in the public realm.

quote:

“If Whatcott’s flyers can be described as transphobia, then isn’t there such a thing as ‘Christ phobia’ as well?” Lugosi asked the tribunal.

He went so far as to suggest the tribunal itself had already violated its duty to remain neutral by accepting this case and allowing it to get to the hearing stage.

Lugosi became particularly animated when he referred to the work of psychologist, University of Toronto professor and free-speech advocate Jordan Peterson, pointing to Peterson’s argument that people’s choice of words, such as the use of pronouns, should not be coerced.

oh ok

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

the premier was in Brandon yesterday to announce around 500k of funding for various crime things. nothing to deal with meth, not even like money to police to buy extra heavy duty billy clubs to beat up dealers or anything. they just dont care, they are just going to let people die

I was in Shilo like a decade back, i'd go to Brandon to get away on weekends. It was bad ten years back, and I distinctly remember being warned about the police there too. I can't imagine it's gotten better in the past decade. Also I cannot imagine there is much to do for fun besides meth in the Shilo/Brandon area.

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1075482744111673346

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Who in 2018 would think that copying HRC is a good idea? She knows how that turned out right?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/YSKingVaughan/status/1075069014366408705

extremely real immigrants chiming in

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also conservatives really loving hate ahmed for some mysterious reason

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1075504161863553025

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the cropping on the first one’s twitter av is a p good lol

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Can I get a brief rundown about what a Qanuck would believe in?

I'm picturing CBC online commenters who believes the national media is in a conspiracy to make TUMP look bad

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 02:44 on Dec 20, 2018

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nebakenezzer posted:

I'm picturing CBC online commenters who believes the national media is in a conspiracy to make TUMP look bad

from a quick glance at the three accounts mentioned above it doesn't look like they have any kind of fun homegrown Canadian conspiracies

just the imported-from-the-US Q stuff (I didn't know that Q's real identity was a not-actually-dead JFK Jr) + un migrant treaty conspiracy theories + Trudeau bad

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

It's extremely irresponsible for the Trudeau government not to prosecute exponents of the Qanuck conspiracy movement; it has far too little Canadian Content and clearly presents a threat to Canada's own Conspiracy Theory culture.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Nebakenezzer posted:

The two big ones are that Trudeau is Fidel Castro's son and that Trudeau is increasing immigration to "replace" Canada's culture with Islam.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

It's extremely irresponsible for the Trudeau government not to prosecute exponents of the Qanuck conspiracy movement; it has far too little Canadian Content and clearly presents a threat to Canada's own Conspiracy Theory culture.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

The two big ones are that Trudeau is Fidel Castro's son and that Trudeau is increasing immigration to "replace" Canada's culture with Islam.

Trudeau being Fidel’s son is pretty hilarious if it were true

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

every conservative believes this, Q or not

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

from a quick glance at the three accounts mentioned above it doesn't look like they have any kind of fun homegrown Canadian conspiracies

just the imported-from-the-US Q stuff (I didn't know that Q's real identity was a not-actually-dead JFK Jr) + un migrant treaty conspiracy theories + Trudeau bad

most of our current conservative "issues" are just really obviously imported from the usa even if they don't make sense

i mean they're right that trudeau sucks though, they just have no idea why

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Terror Sweat posted:

PMJT kinda looks like Fidel Castro. He's also the spitting image of Pierre Trudeau. Please join QAnon and report.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

PMJT kinda looks like Fidel Castro. He's also the spitting image of Pierre Trudeau. Please join QAnon and report.

what im hearing from your post is that the liberals and the communists got together and figured out how to make a gay baby so they could install him as the liberal communist prime minister of canada to install liberal communism #qu'anon

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Terror Sweat posted:

"if"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

He has PET's jaw and Castro's hair.

Maybe he has two dads :tinfoil:

What gets me about the :freep: Alberta Oil Trudeau Is Enemy crowd is that Trudeau has provided more direct material support to oil companies than probably any Alberta government ever, but he's still their bad guy.

:smith: The next election is going to give us a fascist isn't it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CommonShore posted:

He has PET's jaw and Castro's hair.

Maybe he has two dads :tinfoil:

What gets me about the :freep: Alberta Oil Trudeau Is Enemy crowd is that Trudeau has provided more direct material support to oil companies than probably any Alberta government ever, but he's still their bad guy.

:smith: The next election is going to give us a fascist isn't it

i don't think so but the one after definitely

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

people aren't quite down with nazis yet, give it a couple years

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Yinlock posted:

most of our current conservative "issues" are just really obviously imported from the usa even if they don't make sense

our low rent backwater cargo cult conservatism

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
alberta wants nothing more than to be texas but texas isn't landlocked lol owned

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
texas also has the "good" oil not the sludge we boil out of the earth

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

vyelkin posted:

alberta wants nothing more than to be texas but texas isn't landlocked lol owned

they're scare-quote-texas as all hell

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I was surprised as anyone to learn that Alberta's going to be the next place Christian hospitals may compelled to act less like Mother Theresa and more like Christ

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-health-minister-reviewing-rules-around-assisted-dying-at-faith-based-facilities-1.4952903

quote:

Health Minister Sarah Hoffman says her ministry is reviewing options that would allow Alberta Health Services to provide medical assistance in dying at faith-based health facilities while respecting religious objections, although she cautions the province is "not there yet." In an interview, Hoffman said she has received public feedback urging her to reverse her 2016 exemption that allowed Catholic health provider Covenant Health, which is publicly funded, to opt out of providing access to the procedure.

In October, CBC News began publishing a series of stories that revealed the traumatizing effect Covenant Health's position on assisted dying — and the NDP government's tolerance of it — had on several terminally ill patients and their families. For more than two years, Covenant's default position was that patients were not even allowed to sign the form requesting an assisted death, or undergo eligibility assessments by Alberta Health Services (AHS) staff, on Covenant Health property.

The Catholic health provider sometimes made exceptions. But its decisions were arbitrary, guided by a policy that ethics and legal experts called both inhumane and an infringement on patients' rights.

Following the CBC News stories and ensuing public and political pressure, Covenant Health revised its policy to permit on-site form signings and AHS assessments for all assisted-dying patients.

It still will not allow AHS staff to perform the assisted-dying procedure on Covenant property. As a result, terminally ill patients, often frail and in pain, must transfer to another facility to exercise their legal right to the procedure.

Hoffman called Covenant's revised policy "a step in the direction that the majority of the public has been urging." But she acknowledged her ministry has more work to do. "I understand that there are many who desire to have the full procedure administered on site," Hoffman said. "We are not there yet."

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

BUILD

THAT

PIPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZVzyKuqmMQ

1.6 Billion in aid? gently caress you. Bild dat PIPE

$46 a barrel? ($28 for WCS?) gently caress you, build that pipe!!!

Notley buying trains to ship muh oil? gently caress that, build the pipe!!!

Trudeau actually buying pipeline? fucka you ottowa man, where's pipe?!

PIEP WILL SAVE US

PEEP GIVE JOB

BILD PIPE :(

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Yinlock posted:

i mean they're right that trudeau sucks though, they just have no idea why

saw this one the other week, very obviously just recycled American agitprop since we don't pledge allegiance to flags in Canada (if you're joining the army or w/e you swear an oath to the queen)

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
alot of people wont admit it but deep down every single canadian wishes he was american. the fact that canada even exists is an historical anomaly

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

THC posted:

saw this one the other week, very obviously just recycled American agitprop since we don't pledge allegiance to flags in Canada (if you're joining the army or w/e you swear an oath to the queen)

My favourite bit of obviously imported American agitprop comes from Ireland, when during the referendum over legalizing abortion, which was formally about repealing the 8th amendment, there were groups posting image macros of "next thing they're going to try and repeal the 2nd amendment."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

alot of people wont admit it but deep down every single canadian wishes he was american. the fact that canada even exists is an historical anomaly

time to spray the idiot-be-gone poo poo again

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

gently caress I'd move to Vermont or New Hampshire so fast. Not Maine. I'd vacation there. And Hawaii. I'm gonna vacation there anyways but I would also vacation there if I was american.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
A fancy lad computer toucher like yourself should have no trouble emigrating though? Surely there must be more to it than that.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

So, on a lark, I decided to become a proud founding member of the Peoples' Party of Canada. I even got my official Founding Member certificate today!

As a founding member, I get premier access to schizophrenic diatribes about how Max is the destined ruler of all of Canada. Format as in the original email.

quote:

Weedlord,

There are many policy issues dividing our country and threatening our prosperity right now.

Pipelines
Equalization
Immigration
Corporate welfare
Paris Agreement
Healthcare
Foreign aid
Supply management
Etc.

On all these issues, the Trudeau Liberals are making the wrong decisions and creating more division.

All they do is take your money and buy votes with it.

And the Scheer Conservatives are… well…, er…

Apart from supporting pipelines, they’re simply not saying anything. They’re busy doing opinion polls and focus groups.

Who is NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK in both languages on all these issues?

Who offers CLEAR PRINCIPLES?

Who can UNITE OUR COUNTRY around concrete solutions?

I am the ONLY ONE.

Weedlord, the People’s Party was created only three months ago. But it’s already shaking up Canadian politics in an unprecedented way.

If you want more of it, please contribute 10$ today to help us pay for our office, our staff, and everything that is necessary to get organized and continue our work.

Thank you so much for your support,
-Max

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I hate the trudope lieberals and their lack of leadership on "etc.", the most pressing issue of our time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

please don't support Neo-fascists ironically or otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

A fancy lad computer toucher like yourself should have no trouble emigrating though? Surely there must be more to it than that.

Turns out I don't like waiting a long time or doing a lot of paperwork.