Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
meme tickets for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the sole benefit of single pulls is that you can't "overspend" your quartz

but the mental toll of all that mapo tofu...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can the guarenteed 4 star in the multi pull be something other than a 4 star CE

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

no

EDIT: to specify, if your10 roll naturally was all silver, the guarantee will turn one of them into a gold CE, you can naturally roll a gold servant and silver everything else

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 20, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If you were a better person...

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Ezelek posted:

The internet is telling me that my best way to summon Merlin is to do singles over 10 pulls, but is this really something a human does? Can one man push that summon button that many times before succumbing to the salt?

The internet is lying to you. When you do a single pull, your chance of getting him is exactly 0.7%. When you do a ten pull, each of the ten things you pull have a 0.7% chance of being Merlin. The chance of pulling him is the same either way.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Endorph posted:

the math is that the odds on 10 rolls are never worse than single pulls, and that as you do more pulls the odds on 10 pulls slowly get better. there is no reason to do individual pulls

If you don't care about pity 4* CEs, rolling one-at-a-time can save you some Quartz. If you roll Merlin on the first roll of your 10 pull, you don't have the option of stopping.

In practice its too tedious to bother with though.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Part of getting spooked is thinking the gold servant will be a five star as it reveals itself to be 4 star.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Ten pulls are less likely to give your mapo tofu, which is very very important

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The real mapo tofu was the friends we made along the way.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Less than 24 hours until Merlin and the pillars are upon us. Good luck to everyone else rolling for him, and if during the slaughter to come you feel any pity for the giant eye tentacle thinger getting ganged up by basically everyone, just remember.

Barbatos' vessel was Zouken.

He pretty much deserves everything that's about to happen to him.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Shiny777 posted:

Less than 24 hours until Merlin and the pillars are upon us. Good luck to everyone else rolling for him, and if during the slaughter to come you feel any pity for the giant eye tentacle thinger getting ganged up by basically everyone, just remember.

Barbatos' vessel was Zouken.

He pretty much deserves everything that's about to happen to him.

:murder:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shiny777 posted:

Less than 24 hours until Merlin and the pillars are upon us.

For us newbies is there anything we need to know other than “light all my Quartz on fire chasing Merlin”?

I’m still having fun slowly working my way through America and levelling up my dudes. Hit 80/80 on Heracles so that’s been cool. Most of the work gets done by friend list Jalters and Raikous though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

BGrifter posted:

For us newbies is there anything we need to know other than “light all my Quartz on fire chasing Merlin”?

I’m still having fun slowly working my way through America and levelling up my dudes. Hit 80/80 on Heracles so that’s been cool. Most of the work gets done by friend list Jalters and Raikous though.
Not really, if you haven't finished Babylon you cant access Solomon so just Pray 4 Bastard Wizard. Consider logging into the discord and consoling/mocking people who chased him and failed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you guys are scaring me

do you only get one grail from babylonia? ehh

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

you guys are scaring me

do you only get one grail from babylonia? ehh

You get two.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

you guys are scaring me
I mean we get like this every time there's a big gacha banner everyone loves but this time is a Special Case since we've got three insanely good banners running pretty much one after another (one of the most powerful characters units in the series, followed by an insanely strong Sword Wife, followed by the most metal character yet designed) and everyone is going nuts wondering if we'll get any of them. I don't think it ever gets this bad again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pierson posted:

I mean we get like this every time there's a big gacha banner everyone loves but this time is a Special Case since we've got three insanely good banners running pretty much one after another (one of the most powerful characters units in the series, followed by an insanely strong Sword Wife, followed by the most metal character yet designed) and everyone is going nuts wondering if we'll get any of them. I don't think it ever gets this bad again.

This is true. The only reason I'm not stressing over Merlin is I've reserved said stress and Quartz for Musashi.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not to mention Ishtar and the Babylonia banners. Next year comparatively "just" has Ereshkigal and Hokusai with Salem around the same time. If they had smooshed Shimosa (which is end of October) into between Eresh and Hokusai it'd be similarly nasty IMO though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I already have Waver so I'm ignoring Bastard Flower Man and spent all my quartz chasing NP5 Taiga on the banner. :smuggo:

got to np4 and had quetz spook me so worth it, even though she's my third ssr rider

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Lighting your quartz on fire seems like a good idea, unless you're REALLY thirsty for Musashi or King Hassan. Which, to be fair, some people are.

Heck, if you're ever going to spend money on this game the best time is on the paid guaranteed 5* gachas. But if you're going to drop money at any other time, Merlin banner is a good candidate. He's the most broken unit in the game, almost never gets rerun, and there's a real benefit to having your own so you can run two. I never got him on JP, but I'm pretty sure I've used him as support so much he'd be like bond 20 by now.

Other than that, if you're still back in America I wouldn't worry about anything. Just take your time, build up your team, and have fun. I would say to try and catch up and have Solomon done by...late spring, I think? When the CCC event should theoretically hit. IIRC that's the first event that requires you to have cleared solomon, and it rewards a very good welfare servant that will make your life a lot easier in the future. And also it's one of the better story chapters in the game. So it'd be nice to be able to take part in that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I spend my Quartz constantly, because I have no impulse control and like rolling the gacha.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I had a ticket roll randomly go from silver to gold which ended up being Jack so I'm pretty sure my gacha luck is going to be bad civilization for a good while

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lord of Pie posted:

I had a ticket roll randomly go from silver to gold which ended up being Jack so I'm pretty sure my gacha luck is going to be bad civilization for a good while

Congratulations on becoming a mother. Please remember to be a responsible parent and make sure your murder daughter is warmly dressed at all times.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

W.T. Fits posted:

Congratulations on becoming a mother. Please remember to be a responsible parent and make sure your murder daughter is warmly dressed at all times.

Indeed. The care and feeding of your new daughterfu is very important. Perhaps one day Roman will let us rayshift to a mall with a Gap Kids.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Did a celebratory 10-pupp for finishing Babylon, and got Gorgon! Yay, someone other than Angra to fill my Extra slot.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

So when Musashi comes out it's scientifically confirmed that listening to Brave Fencer Musashi music increases your odds, right?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Here I was slowly converting friend points into CE bombs when the latest FP summon started chugging.
Welcome to Chaldea, mr. Angry Man. Report to the kitchens for some really good food, you look like you need it.

E:

Gloomy Rube posted:

So when Musashi comes out it's scientifically confirmed that listening to Brave Fencer Musashi music increases your odds, right?

Well, when I was fishing for Summer Martha I was also having my cat press the summon button because a cat is kinda a lion if you squint, right? True enough, the Lion King (swimsuit edition) pops out (Martha followed a bit afterwards).

Now, thanks for the idea, I think I'll steal it.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 20, 2018

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Indeed. The care and feeding of your new daughterfu is very important. Perhaps one day Roman will let us rayshift to a mall with a Gap Kids.

I got Nursery Rhyme about the same time so at least Jack has a buddy

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gloomy Rube posted:

poo poo, I'm using my original copy of the game as a catalyst. :smuggo:
I figure I'll either get Musashi or Steve Blum, and either option is a win.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can someone explain why the various artist* Heroic Spirits get slotted into Caster? Is that the only class that might even remotely be a match?

*writer, musician, painter, whatever

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Omobono posted:

Can someone explain why the various artist* Heroic Spirits get slotted into Caster? Is that the only class that might even remotely be a match?

*writer, musician, painter, whatever

Probably has to do with the Magic of Imagination or something like that. The ability to create new worlds with nothing but a pad and a pen and a big imagination.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Tesla's an archer, but yeah usually it's just that they're doing creative stuff and magic's creative, (Or doing science stuff and magic is science) I guess. You have to work a bit to slot the non-combat roles into non-caster classes, barring extra classes and Berserker, of course.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

I still want Rider Wright Brothers, with an NP representing the entirety of the History of Aviation, cause damnit, if Lancelot can carpet bomb people with an F-15, they should be able to as well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rorahusky posted:

I still want Rider Wright Brothers, with an NP representing the entirety of the History of Aviation, cause damnit, if Lancelot can carpet bomb people with an F-15, they should be able to as well.

Design inspired by Hayao Miyazaki.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

What % are the Buster/Arts/Quick debuffs in the raids?

Gamepress are now claiming it's 50%, which you may trust or not trust at your leisure. Since KR is currently running the event it's plausible that someone might have actually done the work to figure it out.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
This second Gawain fight is kicking my rear end. I was cruising along using berserkers until Camelot. Any suggestions?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Kuai posted:

This second Gawain fight is kicking my rear end. I was cruising along using berserkers until Camelot. Any suggestions?

Euryale, paired with Your Friend's Grailed Euryale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
Euryale and/or Orion are extremely good.