Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075721703421042688

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075726666574544896

i love how he could make something that should be a good idea if done right and all the bad reasons and poo poo. also i thought ISIS was dead. guess not according to trump.

That first sentence of the first tweet is SO close to getting it, then it devolves into "FAKE NEWS JUST DOESN'T APPRECIATE ME LIKE ALWAYS".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jealous Cow posted:

He’s going to run as some kind of new socially liberal, fiscally conservative republican. The question is, does he primary trump or run third party?

yeah, sounds about right. kasich is smart enough to realize social conservatism is unpopular as gently caress for most people. yeah he obviously a shitbag still. but i think thats the direction the GOP may try to head down.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

"I am retreating from the Middle East because we are so mighty. Therefore other people need to take over. Also, I am spending more money on the mightiest military because it is actually small and weak"

- The voice of brainspiders

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Let's remember a happier time.

Also that Trump probably never read what was inside and just liked the envelope.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/cahulaan/status/1075747724048269312

quote:

Work-eligible able-bodied adults without dependents, known as ABAWDs, can currently receive only three months of SNAP benefits in a three-year period if they don’t meet the 20-hour work requirement. But states with an unemployment rate of 10 percent or higher or a demonstrable lack of sufficient jobs can waive those limitations.

The USDA’s proposed rule would strip states’ ability to issue waivers unless a city or county has an unemployment rate of 7 percent or higher. The waivers would be good for one year and would require the governor to support the request. States would no longer be able to bank their 15 percent exemptions. The new rule also would forbid states from granting waivers for geographic areas larger than a specific jurisdiction.

Perdue said the proposed rule is a tradeoff for Trump’s support of the farm bill. He is expected to sign it on Thursday.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

That first sentence of the first tweet is SO close to getting it, then it devolves into "FAKE NEWS JUST DOESN'T APPRECIATE ME LIKE ALWAYS".

sorta. its not in a "well killed a million of them and lost ton of people and the place is worse now" phrasing this thread and others have said. he is just rephrasing his" why arn't we taking all their poo poo openly and then they pay us for the service" argument.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075721703421042688

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075726666574544896

i love how he could make something that should be a good idea if done right and all the bad reasons and poo poo. also i thought ISIS was dead. guess not according to trump.

Hell yes ISIS is going to be screwed when they invade mainland America in a ground war. Maybe we can all stand in line across a field like it's God damned napoleon

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

"We have defeated ISIS completely and are therefore going home. Also, if ISIS hits the US (after we've completely defeated them) then we'll fight even more".

What is going on in his brain?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is fascinating how his mind works.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

"We have defeated ISIS completely and are therefore going home. Also, if ISIS hits the US (after we've completely defeated them) then we'll fight even more".

What is going on in his brain?

because deep down, he knows they are gonna sprout up again because syria will get hot again and fresh turkish backed salafists. also he is a loving moron.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, sounds about right. kasich is smart enough to realize social conservatism is unpopular as gently caress for most people. yeah he obviously a shitbag still. but i think thats the direction the GOP may try to head down.

The billionaire class used to at least pretend to be intellectuals. Fox News, Brietbart, etc was opium for the masses, and the billionaires read the weekly standard and has ideological pursuits based in capitalism and imperialism.

Now those billionaires have brain worms and believe the same Fox News poo poo as every other MAGA dipshit, and the new billionaires are entitled, sociopathic tech bros that think the world owes them something for their “genius”.

The GOP is absolutely going to double down on insane regressive social oppression, and I worry that any attempt to create a new, more moderate Republican Party will just steal votes from Democrats because too many voters are mentally enfeebled by the thoughtless consumption of centrism.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
https://twitter.com/mirandacgreen/status/1075495787050741772

It's too early in the day to start screaming at my monitor.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

The gender discrimination thing comes as a surprise, but he vetoed the heartbeat bill the last time it came up. It's not because he's pro-choice, he's overseen massive closures of abortion clinics in Ohio and other restrictions on abortion. He just knows that the heartbeat bill is immediately going to be struck down by the courts. He prefers that reproductive choice be subject to death by a thousand cuts.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jealous Cow posted:

The billionaire class used to at least pretend to be intellectuals. Fox News, Brietbart, etc was opium for the masses, and the billionaires read the weekly standard and has ideological pursuits based in capitalism and imperialism.

Now those billionaires have brain worms and believe the same Fox News poo poo as every other MAGA dipshit, and the new billionaires are entitled, sociopathic tech bros that think the world owes them something for their “genius”.

quote:

The grown-up Republicans in Washington, meanwhile, still existed in their own genteel bubble of misinformation—they convinced themselves that the occupation of Iraq would be over and done with in a few easy months—but the major figures in the Bush administration, and its allies in Congress, were not men who got the majority of their news from “Free Republic” and Alex Jones. They put their faith in a fairly traditional conservative orthodoxy: That you can use the levers of power to quietly enrich your friends and their firms, while pleasing the masses with some combination of tax cuts, loud proclamations of religiosity, and a modest, popular war or two.

But the complete and inarguable disaster of the Bush administration—a failure of the conservative movement itself, one undeniable even to many consumers of the parallel conservative media—and his abrupt replacement by a black man, caused a national nervous breakdown among the people who’d been told, for many years, that conservatism could not fail, and that all Real Americans agreed with them.

Rather rapidly, two things happened: First, Republicans realized they’d radicalized their base to a point where nothing they did in power could satisfy their most fervent constituents. Then—in a much more consequential development—a large portion of the Republican Congressional caucus became people who themselves consume garbage conservative media, and nothing else.

The Long, Lucrative Right-wing Grift Is Blowing Up in the World's Face
https://splinternews.com/the-long-lucrative-right-wing-grift-is-blowing-up-in-t-1793944216

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

friendbot2000 posted:

gently caress, he is not going to sign the stopgap bill. All his Fox Friends hurt his feefees and now he is going to pout.

Lol shut down the TSA over Christmas, great idea

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

West Virginia's going to turn into The Road except when they get to the coast everything is normal and there are people vacationing in beach houses.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DynamicSloth posted:

https://twitter.com/mirandacgreen/status/1075495787050741772

It's too early in the day to start screaming at my monitor.

Oh it's going to get those subpoena powers. They will fight them and they will win

selec
Sep 6, 2003

axeil posted:

There are a large number of posters here with untreated mental illness and are unable to see nuance in things because their brains are sick.

Right? All this warmonger poo poo is so obviously and completely Dunning-Kruger on a large scale. Liberals who have never once seen the US not gently caress up an “intervention” (bombing poo poo for reasons) and make things worse are somehow claiming it’ll work this time.

I cannot imagine how hosed in the brain your have to be to want to keep dumping humans and resources into the region, but here we are.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

selec posted:

Right? All this warmonger poo poo is so obviously and completely Dunning-Kruger on a large scale. Liberals who have never once seen the US not gently caress up an “intervention” (bombing poo poo for reasons) and make things worse are somehow claiming it’ll work this time.

I cannot imagine how hosed in the brain your have to be to want to keep dumping humans and resources into the region, but here we are.

Or maybe it's people going "well we already bombed them to poo poo, we should probably try and help them rebuild for once in our lives"

But no, we're back on our poo poo and will pull out immediately after we wreck the place so that we can go somewhere else and wreck them as well.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because deep down, he knows they are gonna sprout up again because syria will get hot again and fresh turkish backed salafists. also he is a loving moron.

It's not that, he just needs a group of scary brown people who will keep his supporters afraid.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

"We're leaving Syria cause we beat ISIS. Also now Iran and Russia will have to fight ISIS."

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nimby posted:

"We're leaving Syria cause we beat ISIS. Also now Iran and Russia will have to fight ISIS."

It's nice that our first fascist president doesn't even bother attempting to appear competent or have consistent messaging. It's just a never ending splatter of poo poo every day.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

Or maybe it's people going "well we already bombed them to poo poo, we should probably try and help them rebuild for once in our lives"

But no, we're back on our poo poo and will pull out immediately after we wreck the place so that we can go somewhere else and wreck them as well.

When had Lucy ever let us kick the football/actually rebuild poo poo?

That is never going to happen, so arguing like it’s a possibility is loving silly.

You don’t get off crack by deciding if you smoked it out of a different pipe it’ll be different, but crackhead warmongers are here telling us exactly that. Look, America has a crack problem, and we only ever express that pathology in one way. And wishing it were different will not make it so.

So get off the loving pipe cold turkey and get your poo poo together before you start pitching more war.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Russia and the Turks want him to pull out and there’s nothing Trump loves to do more than to defer to dictatorial strongmen. That’s the reason.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1075469535870939143

Holy poo poo that article is loving FIRE!

quote:

The Politico story itself was illustrated with an image of the Bronx native appearing to literally rub her hands together while grinning like Dr. Evil.

Not quite the right callout, but I will take it.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Russia and the Turks want him to pull out and there’s nothing Trump loves to do more than to defer to dictatorial strongmen. That’s the reason.

Stopped clocks gotta be right sometimes.

OBAMA IN 2008: We gotta get out of these wars.
LIBERALS IN 2018: Noooooo not like thaaaat

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

selec posted:

That is never going to happen, so arguing like it’s a possibility is loving silly.

You don’t get off crack by deciding if you smoked it out of a different pipe it’ll be different, but crackhead warmongers are here telling us exactly that. Look, America has a crack problem, and we only ever express that pathology in one way. And wishing it were different will not make it so.

So get off the loving pipe cold turkey and get your poo poo together before you start pitching more war.

Perfect, we can pull all our resources out of the region we just destabilized and that will teach us humanity...somehow, I guess. Maybe show a PBS special about the power of friendship to the generals?

You are allowed to have standards for how your military operates.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you don't hire the person that burned down your house to clean up the mess and build you a new one.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

selec posted:

Unfortunately the timing of getting off crack has a high chance of maybe posssiiibllyyyyy leading to a teensy genocide.

I’m all for getting off crack, but to think that this is a net positive is loving delusional (woof redtext alert). The bitter truth is that there is no right answer to this.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

Perfect, we can pull all our resources out of the region we just destabilized and that will teach us humanity...somehow, I guess. Maybe show a PBS special about the power of friendship to the generals?

We aren’t going to make it better by staying. We never have. We made the mess because we are incompetent, and we haven’t gotten the competence to fix it in APPROACHING 20 loving YEARS NOW, so I don’t give a gently caress. Sometimes the path to getting better is messy and has sucky consequences. There is no happy ending here and deciding that our liberal do-good attitude can make a happy ending is basic self-delusion coupled with imperialist racism.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Frickin comedy goldmine today, wow

Very normal to say "THIS IS TOTALLY NOT WHAT OBAMA WOULD DO" apropos of nothing

Some idiot keeps rambling about a border wall to distract from all the other important things that are happening. Sad!

Steel Slats (Wall)

I guess much like how saving billions is equivalent to Mexico paying for the wall steel slats, we beat ISIS by virtue of scaring them so bad they won't attack us?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if we cared so much about genocide why aren't we pressuring china or burma.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

teen witch posted:

Unfortunately the timing of getting off crack has a high chance of maybe posssiiibllyyyyy leading to a teensy genocide.

I’m all for getting off crack, but to think that this is a net positive is loving delusional (woof redtext alert). The bitter truth is that there is no right answer to this.

“I’ll quit next week I gotta deal with some poo poo right now” is something everyone who loves an addict has heard a hundred times. And it’s always been and always will be a lie.

Quitting is quitting and you don’t do it half-way. If you smoke cigs and you’re in recovery for alcoholism, you can’t just pop into a bar to buy a pack like nothing bad will happen.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

CuddleCryptid posted:

I don't support abruptly withdrawing and giving Turkey free reign to go murder some Kurds, but you don't seem to have the slightest understanding of the Syrian civil war.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

A sick little girl died in United States custody after not being given water for seven hours, Don.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/childrenshealth/status/1075507032537620480

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Guns and tanks and bomber planes are not tools useful for rebuilding. If rebuilding Syria is the goal, the military is not who should do it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

selec posted:

“I’ll quit next week I gotta deal with some poo poo right now” is something everyone who loves an addict has heard a hundred times. And it’s always been and always will be a lie.

this really threw me for a loop because at first I thought you were talking about my attitude towards my job

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

this really threw me for a loop because at first I thought you were talking about my attitude towards my job

SAME, BUDDY. Whoo boy it's not going to be a fun January for me, job-wise. My sympathies, conrad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Two years in and the fact that our president is an absolute pants-on-head imbecile still continues to astound me.