Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075729672628068353

It protec
but it also slat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

What the gently caress is he even talking about?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

What the gently caress is he even talking about?

Perfect Border Security duh

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Lol, Come next congress any legislation going to Donnies desk is going to have a veto proof majority anyway or won't even make it that far.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Actually a wall made of slats instead of concrete was proposed to the White House by a large group of particle physicists. So at least they’re listening. The physicists argued that if a wall is made of concrete the caravans will principally act as waves. However, if the wall contains slats, the caravans will act as particles as well. If the caravans act as particles then their precise position can be measured, as opposed to only their velocity relative to the wall if they’re functioning as waves.

The White House went for it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Blind Rasputin posted:

Actually a wall made of slats instead of concrete was proposed to the White House by a large group of particle physicists. So at least they’re listening. The physicists argued that if a wall is made of concrete the caravans will principally act as waves. However, if the wall contains slats, the caravans will act as particles as well. If the caravans act as particles then their precise position can be measured, as opposed to only their velocity relative to the wall if they’re functioning as waves.

What?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Good news! Another recession is coming to destroy what's left of the middle class. Remember CDOs? Well, what if, instead of using mortgages, we used unsecured loans instead? You know, the kind where the debt owner has zero ability to recoup any losses?

quote:

Moody’s Investors Services and S & P Global are rightly sounding the alarm, not only about the continued rise in leveraged lending and issuance of Collateralized Loan Obligations, but also about the deteriorating credit quality of both. According to the FDIC leveraged loans are typically unsecured, cashflow based loans. They are more than $5 million in size and account for more than 20% of the borrower's debt. Leveraged loans are usually made to borrowers with a ratio of senior debt to EBITDA of more than 3 times or total debt of more than 4 times. Typically, the leveraged loan is utilized to finance a buyout, merger or acquisition, or a capital distribution or is a loan that has refinanced a prior loan originated for one of the aforementioned purposes.

Late last week, Moody’s released ‘From covenants to cushions: Top 10 credit challenges CLOs face today’ a report with stark warnings about expanding risks, especially arising “from growing weaknesses in the leveraged loan market, the loosening of transaction constraints and the changing regulatory and macroeconomic environments.” Moody’s warnings are important, because CLO issuance in the U.S. has risen over 60% just since 2016. Significant issuance is not necessarily the problem when an economy is in growth mode as it has been in the last couple of years. Yet, market signals and macroeconomic data are pointing to a a slowdown as early as next year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mayrarodriguezvalladares/2018/12/18/rating-agencies-sound-alarm-about-leveraged-loans-and-clos/#58ae1eb74d6d

I'm sure Strong Daddy will know what to do . . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c21c7e9a9172

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

The nerd in me really appreciated this post. :)

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Execellent.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm watching Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 while wrapping up Christmas gifts (what a great idea that was), and while I have half an hour to go on this, I'm currently in the the optimist's equivalent of emotional destitution. I fully assume this thing to be shared and boosted on social media in the upcoming primaries, and probably serve as the same ambassador to US politics that "Bowling for Columbine" was to Europe back in the day despite not seeing commercial success.

I'm all for a revolution and all, but this is such loving ridiculous Michael Mooring that it hurts.

My "favorite" quote thus far is this:

quote:

Often, the move is to say 'You're making a comparison to Hitler. It's not a perfect comparison, and therefore, let's throw all of history out. Whereas what I would say is 'of course, the comparison's not perfect, no comparison is ever perfect, because history doesn't repeat. But history is this huge resource of patterns, and this huge resource of structures, it's a way to try to get your bearing in the moment like the present one, where we're not really sure what's going on.

What a great defeat of the "you're only making Hitler-comparisons" counter.

Followed immediately by a 10-minute "Trump is actually Hitler" comparison.

Michael Moore can go gently caress himself.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Blind Rasputin posted:

:perfect:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm watching Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 while wrapping up Christmas gifts (what a great idea that was), and while I have half an hour to go on this, I'm currently in the the optimist's equivalent of emotional destitution. I fully assume this thing to be shared and boosted on social media in the upcoming primaries, and probably serve as the same ambassador to US politics that "Bowling for Columbine" was to Europe back in the day despite not seeing commercial success.

I'm all for a revolution and all, but this is such loving ridiculous Michael Mooring that it hurts.

I forgot that even came out. Michael Moore is just a left-wing version of Bill O'Reilly, he just needs to gently caress off back to northern Michigan and stop making garbage.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Blind Rasputin posted:

The physicists argued that if a wall is made of concrete the caravans will principally act as waves.

Not what the racists mean when they talk about blood quantum laws but I still laughed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

I forgot that even came out. Michael Moore is just a left-wing version of Bill O'Reilly, he just needs to gently caress off back to northern Michigan and stop making garbage.

I have like four minutes left in it, and he's snidly pretending that the dumb strategic missile alert in Hawaii MAY HAVE BEEN A GOVERNMENT DIVERSION AND/OR WAY TO KEEP CITIZENS ON THE EDGE I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Jesus H. Christ.

I'm a couple of beers in and have finally wrapped up all my Christmas gifts, so you'd assume I'm all content and whatnot, but this dumb THEIR HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE THEREFORE THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS AND ALL CRITICISM IS DISSENT is scaring the everloving gently caress out of me.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Why yall watch that conspiracy bullshit is beyond me

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But didn't you know you can just walk into a bank and get a gun for free???*

*after the typical background check, and you usually have to wait a couple days for delivery and Moore asked for that rifle to be ready, but he left all those details out for some strange reason

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Soulex posted:

Why yall watch that conspiracy bullshit is beyond me

Because while I get that it's easy to dismiss Moore, Moore is unfortunately also what ends up globally as the gospel

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have like four minutes left in it, and he's snidly pretending that the dumb strategic missile alert in Hawaii MAY HAVE BEEN A GOVERNMENT DIVERSION AND/OR WAY TO KEEP CITIZENS ON THE EDGE I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this saved.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Jesus H. Christ.

I'm a couple of beers in and have finally wrapped up all my Christmas gifts, so you'd assume I'm all content and whatnot, but this dumb THEIR HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE THEREFORE THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS AND ALL CRITICISM IS DISSENT is scaring the everloving gently caress out of me.

I was in my Waikiki beach hotel when the alarm went off but I didn’t notice it because I was too busy playing FO4.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I'm still waiting on the 330am Trump text to everyone that says WITCH-HUNT!! NO COLLUSION!!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Flikken posted:

I'm still waiting on the 330am Trump text to everyone that says WITCH-HUNT!! NO COLLUSION!!

WITCH HUNT? NO, COLLUSION!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
And lol, partial government shutdown starting Saturday at 12:01 because Donnie watched Fox News too much.

https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/1075819564846456832?s=19

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You can still redeem your day by watching the absolute best* Moore film, Canadian Bacon.

* possibly the only good one

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Roger and me was good

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

And lol, partial government shutdown starting Saturday at 12:01 because Donnie watched Fox News too much.

Truly this is the result of a stable very good brain that should be leading the country. Any suggestions of dementia backed up by the reality of constantly agreeing with the last person to speak to him are just liberal fake news lies and people not smart enough to understand the two dimensional tic tac toe that our president is dealing in.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This plan is what happens when you have a stable brain genius in charge of things and House leaders looking forward to the House flipping sides.

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1075783308880035840?s=19

SHOW ME THE PRESIDENT'S TWEET FIRST PLEASE

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just pass a clean bill and get to the part where we override the veto as fast as possible thank you

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

There was another link in D&D where some rear end clown wrote a bunch of poo poo about how unfairly the Triangle Shirtwaist owners got treated. I don't see any way to cure this kind of stupid.

Edit: found it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/was-history-fair-triangle-waist-factory-owners-180971019

Did you actually read this? This isn't some Fox piece.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

Stolen from D&D. Buzz feed with another amazing(ly horrifying) scoop. FinCEN is probably fully penetrated by Russian cyber warfare at this point and financial information on anyone they want to target is probably already exfiltrated.

Edit ^^^Yeah I read it, and coming from anyone not Fox just makes it worse. Anyone saying "well ackshually, what they did wasn't against the law so it was just an innocent tragedy not anything actually illegal, so maybe they shouldn't have the unfair legacy of being the poo poo stains of capitalism people think they are" can gently caress right off. The only bad part of them getting the poo poo reputation they had was it being associated with the name Triangle Shirtwaist and not being applied to every last poo poo head doing the exact same stuff.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 20, 2018

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Fallom posted:

Just pass a clean bill and get to the part where we override the veto as fast as possible thank you

lol that any Republican would vote to override Trump's veto.

lol that any Republican congressperson actually remembers that they can override a veto.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

:yeshaha:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thwomp posted:

lol that any Republican would vote to override Trump's veto.

lol that any Republican congressperson actually remembers that they can override a veto.

Failing to create a bill that Trump would sign and then failing to create a bill that Congress would sign would be better in terms of schadenfreude, at least

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bird food bathtub posted:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

Stolen from D&D. Buzz feed with another amazing(ly horrifying) scoop. FinCEN is probably fully penetrated by Russian cyber warfare at this point and financial information on anyone they want to target is probably already exfiltrated.

drat...

quote:

Six sources told BuzzFeed News that at least two FinCEN analysts were reported to Treasury’s inspector general over suspicions that they might have been working against the interests of the US.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/clairesandberg/status/1075818978554068992

tfw you get leg cramps over a milkshake duck

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

There is a tweet for everything.

We're at -2.63% right now today. The market volatility every day this week has been huge. (Also we're -5% for the year)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who stands to gain financially and is connected to Cuck in Chief Cheeto Cheesebrain? I'm recalling the stock-affecting tweets from yore and wondering if somebody got more subtle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

There is a tweet for everything.

We're at -2.63% right now today. The market volatility every day this week has been huge. (Also we're -5% for the year)

Oil Prices are also in a free fall right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CommieGIR posted:

Oil Prices are also in a free fall right now.

My oil field CHUDs are going ALL IS WELL ALL IS WELL