Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

This got me. Goddamn that's funny.

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ChrisStigall/status/1075823822908153856

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Teddybear posted:

This is the stupidest poo poo, and yet this is the only way that this could end up. Of course he was going to throw a tantrum the day before the deadline and whine about it. Of course Ryan was going to meekly acquiesce on his way out the door. Of course.

We're going to be shut down until the new Congress gets sworn in, won't we?

If we aren’t restarted at that point a restart gets even harder as there House and Senate are no longer under allied management

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

Isn't that going to blow up in his face when Trump realizes 'his guy' isn't doing what he wanted and axes him?

whitaker was hoping to get the regular AG nod and didn't, so in a sense he's already gotten the axe

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"I don't see any border security in this bill, so I'm shutting down DHS" is our President and Speaker's most eleven dimensional chess plan yet,how diabolical.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Crow Jane posted:

"Cool", "young", and "smart" are extremely relative where republicans are concerned

Paul ryan was so wildly uncool that I'm pretty sure no one in his life has ever even offered him weed

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Levitate posted:

That's true but that's also not going to stop Trump and the right wing media from spinning it as hard as they can in terms of "the Dems forced Trump to take a stand and shut down the government therefor it's their fault and all this wouldn't happen if they'd just give Trump whatever he wants and therefor Dems bad" and the rest of the media kind of going along with it

Scorpion's gonna sting that frog anyway

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Levitate posted:

That's true but that's also not going to stop Trump and the right wing media from spinning it as hard as they can in terms of "the Dems forced Trump to take a stand and shut down the government therefor it's their fault and all this wouldn't happen if they'd just give Trump whatever he wants and therefor Dems bad" and the rest of the media kind of going along with it

there's a certain level of "fire is wet" where the media stops doing both-sideism and starts skewering the liars for sport and "your president directly contradicted you on video, let's play the video" is at that point, and they're gonna need to spin this outside the foxosphere

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
A MERRY SHUTDOWNMAS TO EVERYONE

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

evilweasel posted:

whitaker was hoping to get the regular AG nod and didn't, so in a sense he's already gotten the axe

Yeah, fair enough.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ahahahaha, yesssssss, he wants the "credit" for this, it's unbelievable.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Cabbit posted:

Isn't that going to blow up in his face when Trump realizes 'his guy' isn't doing what he wanted and axes him?

He'll be able to ride out for a while as trump gets distracted by other random poo poo. And even if he gets canned, he'll have a fairly decent chance at something down the road because he'll be able to say "look trump stuck me in this spot and I didn't immediately go abuse my power and was reasonable".

If he goes all-in on trump he is seeing how that is playing out for everyone else. He'd get under 2 years before being completely done in any sort of official job.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bicyclops posted:

"I don't see any border security in this bill, so I'm shutting down DHS" is our President and Speaker's most eleven dimensional chess plan yet,how diabolical.

Also most of the good parts of government are still funded, it's basically perfectly targeted to just gently caress over regressive parts of the government

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Remember when Paul Ryan tried to rebrand himself by growing a beard and adding his middle initial?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
So are all the TSA agents at the airports, on the busiest travel days of the year, going to be getting no pay? That seems, uh, not good.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

To the person who just wondered how the dems will take the blame, I think Trump's going to keep stepping on rakes.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

NewMars posted:

They are going to run off with so much money. I can only wonder what excuses they'll come up with to not give it back.

They're going to have the best of intentions but be so inept and naive that they'll lose it all to grifters if they somehow don't manage to break enough laws themselves to lose it without help.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bicyclops posted:

Ahahahaha, yesssssss, he wants the "credit" for this, it's unbelievable.

Dude is calling into talk radio like "Actually, Rush, I poo poo my pants on purpose."

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

mdemone posted:

A dude from Ukraine, who hadn't gotten a security clearance. Jesus loving christ.

I swear everyone in government is a moron.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Crow Jane posted:

When I was a kid, my grandpa randomly bought a little boy mannequin from a store that was going out of business, set him up in the guest bedroom, and told my brothers, cousins and I that it was his new son, Tadeusz Jr, and he loved it more than us. To which we responded by drawing on it with markers, giving it an awful haircut, throwing it down the stairs, etc. We thought it was just grandpa being weird, but a few times I looked over at him while we were abusing the thing, and he looked genuinely sad, which made me feel bad.

A few months later, he had the major stroke which put him in a nursing home for the rest of his life, and the doctors told the family he'd probably had a series of small, almost imperceptible ones over the year or so before, which went quite a ways towards explaining Tadeusz Jr.

What I'm saying is I kind of wonder if Trump's adopted a mannequin-son yet

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mod sassinator posted:

So are all the TSA agents at the airports, on the busiest travel days of the year, going to be getting no pay? That seems, uh, not good.

Ok, let's just crank up the sensitivity on these metal detectors

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Gonna be a fun plane ride home (and possibly back) for some of these politicians.

Want to have fun? Look up ticket prices for a flight to DCA and back from literally anywhere in the US for the next week.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What's a TSA variation of Going Postal?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

:laugh:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

mod sassinator posted:

So they're 50% more more lazily incompetent than normal, its still 0% effective....

Hell, the over under is 50/50 that air travel actually becomes easier/more pleasant....

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Crabtree posted:

What's a TSA variation of Going Postal?

They steal your tablet in front of you while maintaining eye contact.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

If Trump offered permanent status for DACA recipients in return for the wall, do you think the Dems would accept?

I don't think they will, anymore.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1075770009987629056
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1075770632292360193
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1075771544641531904
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1075772830027902980
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1075773072378982400
https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/1075829071744065536

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
We all know that the Dems are going to blink first on this, right?

Also when's the deadline? Midnight est tomorrow night?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tibalt posted:

If Trump offered permanent status for DACA recipients in return for the wall, do you think the Dems would accept?

I don't think they will, anymore.

the deal was always full dream act, not just 'permanent status' (full dream act includes a path to citizenship, etc). i think they'd accept if they got offered it, you can always defund the wall later and trump's racist base would be infuriated.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cochise posted:

I swear everyone in government is a moron.

I would disagree with you but the article also details that FINCen folks would regularly receive and open emails from Russian gmail accounts with attachments.

The odds are near 100% that at least one of those emails was carrying a 0day exploit.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

We all know that the Dems are going to blink first on this, right?

literally nobody except crazy people (trump; you) think dems are going to blink on this

edit: even trump doesn't really believe dems will blink he just can't stomach admitting defeat

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 20, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics...ingawful.com%2F

Watch him veto his own son's law

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

their opponent bragged about how he would be personally responsible for the shutdown, letting him have it is the next best thing to funding the government

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

AhhYes posted:

So just to be sure I've got this straight:

- The White house said this week that they'd sign a clean CR
- The Senate passes clean CR
- House assumes they have the votes for this
- Trump watches Fox be mad about no wall funding, decides not to sign
- The House maybe (probably) doesn't have the votes for anything Trump would sign
- That doesn't matter because anything Trump would sign won't pass the Senate
- Even THAT doesn't matter because half the GOP Senators are already gone
- The shutdown will impact only portions of the government, one of which is DHS and therefore ICE.

Lmao that DHS is the department affected; the Department most Americans hate

Melt it down and sell it for scrap imo

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

gently caress yeah, let's do this you fat gently caress

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Shifty Pony posted:

I would disagree with you but the article also details that FINCen folks would regularly receive and open emails from Russian gmail accounts with attachments.

The odds are near 100% that at least one of those emails was carrying a 0day exploit.

I disagree with him because it appears like the Russians know whats up. Also amusing that in order to do such a good job of manipulating the black vote they probably have a better idea of black american culture than most republicans.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ezra klein's mea culpa over being hookwinked by ryan was so loving dumb. you can't believe what ryan believes and be a "wonk".

the guy got turned into a libertarian by a college professor. he was only able to afford college thanks to social security survivor benefits. he was always an unserious dullard.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

quote:

No one cares what the RWM thinks or says or does. What will play non-stop on all non-RWM outlets is the video of Trump going "IT'S MY SHUTDOWN AND I WILL OWN IT PROUDLY ALSO I poo poo MYSELF CAN YOU SMELL IT?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

evilweasel posted:

the deal was always full dream act, not just 'permanent status' (full dream act includes a path to citizenship, etc). i think they'd accept if they got offered it, you can always defund the wall later and trump's racist base would be infuriated.
Dream act would require congressional approval, wouldn't it? Although anything beyond reinstalling DACA would require Congress, I guess.