Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The gear doesn’t do anything, so, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

red19fire posted:

I’m going to be away from home for a week until the 27th, am I missing out on good gear through the unlock bonuses? I couldn’t get the face mask to save my life, despite dropping a v2 on a house full of mans.

Think you might miss out on the Selbstlader

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

The gear doesn’t do anything, so, no.

It makes me look like a warhams reject which rules

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Think you might miss out on the Selbstlader

gently caress that was my favorite from bf1

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
people in my squad: just let me bleed out I don't think you can save me

me: https://youtu.be/ZgeFYBukQiE

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

tonight i learned tides of war has its own dedicated playlist and only playing in that gives you progression for the assignment

gently caress you :dice:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

good shooting mans with you tonight though, buttkrew

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

red19fire posted:

gently caress that was my favorite from bf1

If you miss the gear they add it in later for purchase with company coins

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ohhhh dear. I've worked my way through the specializations tree for the trench shotgun, and my precious baby is back once more. Even better than the BF1 version! And the bayonet!

Erasing fools left and right on Rotterdam, Arras and Narvik with it. Praise jebus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Also, the Ribeyrolles 1918 is still an absurdly fantastic weapon and i'm going to stick with that for a while as Assault. Slap a 3x scope on that bad boy and get some great mid-to-long range distance kills.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

yellowcar posted:

tonight i learned tides of war has its own dedicated playlist and only playing in that gives you progression for the assignment

As far as I can tell conquest will work in general.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Tides of War stuff supposed to work in every mode. It often doesn't, however, because :dice:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yellowcar posted:

it doesnt, you can play any mode I promise, it just doesn’t work a lot of the time for no discernible reason

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Overall, I'm liking the new game. My main gripe is that there should be a spotting mechanic while you're looking around and screaming for a revive.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Fleetwood posted:

Overall, I'm liking the new game. My main gripe is that there should be a spotting mechanic while you're looking around and screaming for a revive.

You can spot while waiting...

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Holy poo poo really? drat

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
You don't get a cross hair and the marks don't show up for you, thats only for people still alive. But, if you happen to mark directly on an enemy it will give the red dorito instead of the gold dorito.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Nice, I had stopped trying because I didn't think it was working

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mark how? With the right bumper?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

RCarr posted:

Mark how? With the right bumper?

Same button used for spotting in all the other battlefields.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:psyduck: wait what this is a thing?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If this is true it's pretty stupid it's never mentioned anywhere.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm not sure if it's fake, true because it's intended, or true because a piece of legacy code from BF1 got copy-pasted and overlooked.

Can believe anything with Dice lol.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

RCarr posted:

If this is true it's pretty stupid it's never mentioned anywhere.

DICE has honestly kind of done a lovely job of explaining stuff in this game. Or people are kind of oblivious. idk. Couple of people over in the PC thread just recently learned about the Drilling’s rifle shot alt-fire, for example.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Also dunno if anyone cares to see them or not but I still play BF4 occasionally and these are a few of the sicker RPG shots I’ve hit this week:

https://streamable.com/uftnc
https://streamable.com/so0yx
https://streamable.com/ajpx6

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Noctone posted:

Also dunno if anyone cares to see them or not but I still play BF4 occasionally and these are a few of the sicker RPG shots I’ve hit this week:

https://streamable.com/uftnc
https://streamable.com/so0yx
https://streamable.com/ajpx6

I always appreciate a good RPG shot. Keep em coming!

On a side note, watching those made me seriously question why I play BF5 when BF4 and BF1 are both so much better.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Protip: AA Tank can tow an AA gun behind it making you the bane of every loving plane on the map

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

RCarr posted:

I always appreciate a good RPG shot. Keep em coming!

Probably gonna try to put together a montage this weekend of the poo poo I’ve done the past couple weeks. I’m normally pretty good at fly-swatting but lately in particular I’ve been going absolutely HAM against air vehicles.

quote:

On a side note, watching those made me seriously question why I play BF5 when BF4 and BF1 are both so much better.

I think in the long run if/when DICE fixes and fleshes out the game BFV will end up being one of the best games in the series but yeah right now I still find myself going back to BF4 here and there since it’s a well-polished game and has some gameplay elements that BFV will never have.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

That last RPG shot was awesome, and the "WOOOOOOOAAAH" at the tail end seals the deal.

Xbros went back to BF4 a few weeks before V came out. It was fun but the people that are still playing 4 are absolute poopsockers and try hards.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Beastie posted:

That last RPG shot was awesome, and the "WOOOOOOOAAAH" at the tail end seals the deal.

Xbros went back to BF4 a few weeks before V came out. It was fun but the people that are still playing 4 are absolute poopsockers and try hards.

Yeah ngl I guess I kinda fall into that category since I've put almost 1300 hours into the game since buying it back in January. But I stopped trying to win months ago and mostly just gently caress around trying to do cool/funny poo poo.

But there are some people on PS4 that are just on a level I can't even comprehend. The other day I got randomly squadded up with this Saudi dude who was just like casually insanely good with attack chopper TOWs. He was nailing jets left and right like it was fuckin child's play.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Played a few rounds with the Ribbies and holy poo poo that thing owns. Now if only the game would ever actually give me useful amounts of company coins so I could properly play dressup.

Noctone posted:

I think in the long run if/when DICE fixes and fleshes out the game BFV will end up being one of the best games in the series
I've only been playing since BF3 but this has been my experience with every Battlefield and why I keep buying them. Every Battlefield is one of the greatest shooters ever released... once it's had a year of patches, tweaks, and new content.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I didn’t like BF 3 or 4 at all. BF1 ended up becoming my favorite and BFV has already taken that top spot. I’m seriously so excited to see where this game is in a year, mainly with them committing to free dlc which is really what every mp game needs to do. Make that cosmetic money! Everyone wins.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Fleetwood posted:

Holy poo poo really? drat

Yep. It just doesn't tell you. Maybe a dice mistake?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Protip: AA Tank can tow an AA gun behind it making you the bane of every loving plane on the map

Oh...

My god.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

You fuckers.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Now I am become death, destroyer of planes.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Noctone posted:

Yeah ngl I guess I kinda fall into that category since I've put almost 1300 hours into the game since buying it back in January. But I stopped trying to win months ago and mostly just gently caress around trying to do cool/funny poo poo.

But there are some people on PS4 that are just on a level I can't even comprehend. The other day I got randomly squadded up with this Saudi dude who was just like casually insanely good with attack chopper TOWs. He was nailing jets left and right like it was fuckin child's play.

Saudis, missiles, and child’s play go together now

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm not sure if it's fake, true because it's intended, or true because a piece of legacy code from BF1 got copy-pasted and overlooked.

Can believe anything with Dice lol.

I mean it works differently than bf1. It puts a marker on the location you spot, and tells you how many metres away it is. It will change to a red mark if you spot an enemy, but it won't follow them if they move.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it doesnt, you can play any mode I promise, it just doesn’t work a lot of the time for no discernible reason

Yeah it’s actually

lambskin posted:

I mean it works differently than bf1. It puts a marker on the location you spot, and tells you how many metres away it is. It will change to a red mark if you spot an enemy, but it won't follow them if they move.

It’s really awesome to put a marker down on ridge line with a couple snipers on it and see a billion tracer rounds converge on that one spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Keep in mind that only your squad or people in your vehicle will see your markers afaik