Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
I sure am looking forward to starting McGuire and Jamaal Williams in my one championship matchup. Unless Ware is out again, and I can plug Damien Williams back in. Or, god forbid, McCoy is active, I could play him.

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I know this isn't strictly the right thread for this, but has anyone here tried myfootballnow? It's a free web-based football simulator like football manager but for American football instead of un-American football.

With fantasy season winding down it seems like it'd be a good way to pass those cold dark summer days without football, and it looks like one could even start a goon league.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Chernabog posted:

I'm starting him as my flex, under CMC and Kamara and over Alshon or TY (If he doesn't play)

Who are your other WRs? I’d seriously consider finding a place for Alshon. Foles loves him.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

jabro posted:

Who are your other WRs? I’d seriously consider finding a place for Alshon. Foles loves him.

M. Thomas and C. Samuel.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Chernabog posted:

M. Thomas and C. Samuel.

Alshon over Samuel for sure.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, It's just that I only need 2 RBs, 2WRs and one flex, so I have CMC, Kamara, MT, TY and Mack over Alshon.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Yeah, It's just that I only need 2 RBs, 2WRs and one flex, so I have CMC, Kamara, MT, TY and Mack over Alshon.

Yeah I think Mack is a must start this week. To me it comes down to Alshon vs TY and I'd probably lean Alshon for a combination of health and avoiding an Indy stack reasons, but they're all good options.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeah I think Mack is a must start this week. To me it comes down to Alshon vs TY and I'd probably lean Alshon for a combination of health and avoiding an Indy stack reasons, but they're all good options.

How'd you play with with picking 3 of Gurley, Chubb, Mack and Lindsay? Assuming Gurley plays, of course.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm maybe Mack over Mixon then? RB/RB/FLEX to fill and i've got Cook Mixon Chubb lined up currently, Mack and David Johnson on the bench. PPR...

my opponent has the Browns def so maybe I bench Mixon so i dont double-lose if he has a bad game... plus i keep getting updates that he's nursing these little injuries

Ben Nevis posted:

How'd you play with with picking 3 of Gurley, Chubb, Mack and Lindsay? Assuming Gurley plays, of course.
I might bench lindsay

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Fast Luck posted:

Hmm maybe Mack over Mixon then? RB/RB/FLEX to fill and i've got Cook Mixon Chubb lined up currently, Mack and David Johnson on the bench. PPR...

my opponent has the Browns def so maybe I bench Mixon so i dont double-lose if he has a bad game... plus i keep getting updates that he's nursing these little injuries

I might bench lindsay

Jeeze, talk about RB riches.

Ben I guess Lindsay might be the bench but if there's any indication that Gurley won't get his full complement of snaps I'd feel comfortable starting the other 3. That game has blow-out and rest Gurley potential.

Fast Luck you're so deep that Mack might actually be the bench guy. Feels like you both have 4 Top 12 plays.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

I have Gurley, Chubb, Mack, Lindsay, Spencer Ware, Jamaal Williams

I'm guessing Gurley Chubb Mack Lindsay will be my starters

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
In standard, I've got to bench one of Gurley, Lindsay, Derrick Henry, or Mack. Feels like it should be Henry or Mack, and I feel stupid benching Henry after the last two weeks despite his earlier season performance, especially when Mack hasn't been super consistently good either. But the Giants are so bad, so idk.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Do I start Miami at Jacksonville or Browns at Bengals

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

So this is me in the championship match on the left. I was 3rd in the regular season and the bottom seed of our playoffs has gone the distance and made it to the final. I'm feeling good even with Juju getting tagged as questionable today. And I just picked up Fairbarn last week.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Do I start Miami at Jacksonville or Browns at Bengals

I would go Miami. I think bengals will get 2 TDs at least.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gobias Ind. posted:

Jeeze, talk about RB riches.

Ben I guess Lindsay might be the bench but if there's any indication that Gurley won't get his full complement of snaps I'd feel comfortable starting the other 3. That game has blow-out and rest Gurley potential.

Fast Luck you're so deep that Mack might actually be the bench guy. Feels like you both have 4 Top 12 plays.
Yah im in an active work league whjere multiple people come by my desk every day to poo poo talk but they seem kind of bad at this really. For example I was nurturing my waiver rank for a key moment and then someone dropped Joe Mixon during his two-week absence, so I pounced...and nobody else even put in a claim. I learned about the Hyde to Jacksonville trade from the Hyde owner complaining in the yahoo fantasy app league chat and then looked and no one had added Chubb yet. And so on.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Anyone else bench your whole team as an act of psychological warfare

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

If I were confident that I'd remember to put them all back in, I'd be on board.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have literally zero alternate choices for any of my starters left, so that wouldn't really lead to any sort of element of surprise

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

This is a veteran move and I appreciate it.

I've done this in the past but now it would require :effort: to remember to plug them back in and my old rear end would forget.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Azhais posted:

I have literally zero alternate choices for any of my starters left, so that wouldn't really lead to any sort of element of surprise

I picked up Josh Allen to backup Drew Brees solely to add an additional smokescreen. I'm only putting in my Saturday guys on Saturday, too. This is war :getin:

weird Asian candy posted:

This is a veteran move and I appreciate it.

I've done this in the past but now it would require :effort: to remember to plug them back in and my old rear end would forget.

I'm only confident I will remember because I will be a passenger for an hour at 8 to 9 am Sunday morning and I will have plenty of time to remember.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Eagerly awaiting news that Spoeank forgot there were games on Saturday

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Leaving my kicker in, but otherwise yes.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

I'm pretty sure if I tried to do that in fish bowl, it would irrevocably break the entire fleaflicker site like body slamming Mr Glass

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

So this is me in the championship match on the left. I was 3rd in the regular season and the bottom seed of our playoffs has gone the distance and made it to the final. I'm feeling good even with Juju getting tagged as questionable today. And I just picked up Fairbarn last week.

Do TEs get like negative points per reception? Not in any standard leagues but man those projections are real low compared to other positions, haha.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 21, 2018

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I would go Miami. I think bengals will get 2 TDs at least.

How? They are now down two TEs, both of their competent wide receivers, and their starting QB. Driskel is awful. The Browns are motivated to crush Hue.

What I’m saying is the Browns D/ST is a great play.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

I'm starting Chubb Mixon and Dalvin over him in ppr and i feel like he's gonna have a huge game but not sure I can justify benching any of those guys in his favor

Yeah I’d sit Mack for those 3 as well.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Here is my championship squad of spares led by Pat Mahommes and Satan apparently for allowing me in the championships. Mahommes to go on MNF against the rams and i need 32 points to win? Check. Semis up 5 points against his cam newton? Double Check.

Any changes to be made?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

tonic posted:

How? They are now down two TEs, both of their competent wide receivers, and their starting QB. Driskel is awful. The Browns are motivated to crush Hue.

What I’m saying is the Browns D/ST is a great play.

Joe

loving

Mixon

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Joe

loving

Mixon
I am also a mixon owner

VietCampo posted:

Do TEs get like negative points per reception? Not in any standard leagues but man those projections are real low compared to other positions, haha.

Haha well Brate is a mostly bust TE, and he only gets like 4 targets if that. I think by this point in the thread we all appreciate that the TE position is garbage. I only have two because I picked up the other one on a hope and prayer to help myself and always screw over my opponent last week... of course I ended up starting the player that got fewer points.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 21, 2018

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I picked up Engram because Njoku has done jack and poo poo

Joe

loving

Mixon

Saved my rear end last week :respek:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 21, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ODELL OUT

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

ODELL OUT

Hurts me in 1 league, helps me in 2. I am...conflicted...

Otoh I'm feeling better about my Engram pickup now :smug:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Colts defense let's go

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I only need to start 1 wr to start. Debating benching fournette for McGuire or Williams. Maybe Evans too, but I'm not sure.

Ppr is .5 for wrs, .75 for rbs

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Popero posted:

Colts defense let's go

Indeed. Now I’m wondering Titans or Colts

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

I only need to start 1 wr to start. Debating benching fournette for McGuire or Williams. Maybe Evans too, but I'm not sure.

Ppr is .5 for wrs, .75 for rbs

I’m going Williams and McGuire there.

Never in a million years would I ever have thought Jamaal Williams and Elijah McGuire would be better plays that Lenny and Evans but here we are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: to be fair I’m super high on McGuire in general.

But still like the Williams over Lenny decision either way.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

James Conner is officially out

Spencer Ware is doubtful

Gurley...:stare:

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1076216538342912000

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 21, 2018

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Ok my guys with Ware out I have some issues. 16-team standard league, flex needed.

I could roll out:

Breida (ankles, vs. CHI)
Mike Williams (vs. BAL, sounds like Keenan Allen will play), or
Josh Reynolds (@ARI).

I also guess I could add Zach Zenner (Kerryon on IR), Kenny Stills (uh home against JAX I guess), or the glory play of CJ Anderson if Gurley doesn't go.

Welcome to the championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Popero posted:

Ok my guys with Ware out I have some issues. 16-team standard league, flex needed.

I could roll out:

Breida (ankles, vs. CHI)
Mike Williams (vs. BAL, sounds like Keenan Allen will play), or
Josh Reynolds (@ARI).

I also guess I could add Zach Zenner (Kerryon on IR), Kenny Stills (uh home against JAX I guess), or the glory play of CJ Anderson if Gurley doesn't go.

Welcome to the championship.

Breida