Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
A super baller DBZF combo

https://twitter.com/gbsgbsgbs4/status/1070261476311498752

And if I've somehow watched almost no fighting game movies except some Asian what I'm p sure was unofficially a Tekken movie in the late 90s or early 00s, what 5 or so movies should I throw on during the holidays, fully expecting them to not be Good™? OG Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are on the list for sure. If anyone knows what that Tekken movie was it'd be cool too, not finding it in a quick google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

not shown: everything is mathed out perfectly so that it loses to the defender mashing jabs

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Heihachi is such a badass in the tekken anime. 30 billion dollars to anyone who can defeat me *breaks hatchet in half with teeth*

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Put him in mortal Kombat IMO.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Heihachi was so bad in SC2.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I can just picture Heihachi claiming that he only loves Kuma and no one else.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If they had to do a Tekken guest character in a Soul Calibur game, you'd think they'd just use Yoshimitsu. You know, the one Tekken character with a sword.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Seems like a weird oversight, to be sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DrNutt posted:

If they had to do a Tekken guest character in a Soul Calibur game, you'd think they'd just use Yoshimitsu. You know, the one Tekken character with a sword.

Lol.......

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DrNutt posted:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Why doesn't Yoshimitsu, the one with the sword, simply kill the other Tekkem competitors?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

DrNutt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99qlyKRXX5o&t=84s

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Maybe they want tekken 3 alien lightsaber Yoshi

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

mango sentinel posted:

Why doesn't Yoshimitsu, the one with the sword, simply kill the other Tekkem competitors?

Too busy killin himself imo

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/520440/GUILTY_GEAR_Xrd_REVELATOR/

rev + rev2 on sale for about $15 thru the steam winter sale

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

teh_Broseph posted:

A super baller DBZF combo

https://twitter.com/gbsgbsgbs4/status/1070261476311498752

And if I've somehow watched almost no fighting game movies except some Asian what I'm p sure was unofficially a Tekken movie in the late 90s or early 00s, what 5 or so movies should I throw on during the holidays, fully expecting them to not be Good™? OG Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are on the list for sure. If anyone knows what that Tekken movie was it'd be cool too, not finding it in a quick google.

The DOA movie is good stupid fun.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
How is Lethal League Blaze?

I don't even mean gameplaywise, but how is it for finding people to play against? Bamco fighters have got me spoiled to the point where I balk at having to wander an avatar around ghost town lobbies.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brainSnakes posted:

How is Lethal League Blaze?

I don't even mean gameplaywise, but how is it for finding people to play against? Bamco fighters have got me spoiled to the point where I balk at having to wander an avatar around ghost town lobbies.

I have it for local play

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Heihachi was so bad in SC2.

Actually he was really good and the only reason I'm saying this is because I spent hundreds of hours playing him.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Joking aside, what series is Yoshi from originally? I always thought it was weird that he's just on both rosters.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Tekken

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Several tekkens existed pre sc

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ah okay. Never got into Tekken back in the day. I had a PS1 but mostly I just played single player games back then.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I don't mean to be an incredulous internet pedant but how do you not know this.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lant posted:

I can just picture Heihachi claiming that he only loves Kuma and no one else.

he doesn't love kuma becasue he reneged on signing over the mishma zaibatsu to kuma

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ultramega posted:

Games with Yoshimitsu I have spent any time playing: SC2, SC4, SC6. I dunno, I play a lot of games but I don't spend a lot of time memorizing facts about series I don't play (Tekken) so I just thought I'd ask.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Play tekken

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Games with Yoshimitsu I have spent any time playing: SC2, SC4, SC6. I dunno, I play a lot of games but I don't spend a lot of time memorizing facts about series I don't play (Tekken) so I just thought I'd ask.

No worries, definitely not trying to start a stupid dick waving contest but yoshi is such a popular character that there's a big crossover between tekken and sc players.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Not sure that Tekken is horny enough for me, but thanks for the advice.

Ultramega posted:

No worries, definitely not trying to start a stupid dick waving contest but yoshi is such a popular character that there's a big crossover between tekken and sc players.

Oh yeah I think I already said this but this thread and the SCVI thread are the only contact I have with the fighting game community so it hadn't come up before.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DrNutt posted:

It's got Miguel, it's horney enough for everyone

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 21, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nudepaul.gif

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Warning. This is: not suitable for work.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ultramega posted:

Tekken and Soul are both pretty old series at this point, and if you're not 1. old or 2. a video game historian, you might not know that Yoshi dates all the way back to Tekken 1

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I've been exposed as an old.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
any stand out game deals for the steam/other stores winter sales? I didn't see much

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zand posted:

any stand out game deals for the steam/other stores winter sales? I didn't see much

SCIV is $40 and I was thinking of picking it up to let it collect dust as I say I'll practice then procrastinate

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tekken 7 is still way too much money it’s annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

It’s worth it