Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A shameful rear end Raimi Spider-Man fan who can't tell that the videogame suit is based more on the suit from Spider-Man 2 than from Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Gameloft's Spider-Man Unlimited is shutting down in March. The game will be pulled from app stores in February, the servers will go offline a month later, and the app will be bricked. Basically one of the only mobile games I bought microtransactions in because they had a lot of niche cameo characters from over the years (various symbiotes, Earth X Peter/May, movie costumes, etc.)

They were marketing the arrival of new characters like a week ago and have acknowledged it's a licensing issue, so it looks like Disney yanking the rug out yet again.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 21, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Avengers Academy also shut down as of today.

I wonder if Disney went on a purge again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally. I’ve been wanting to quit Academy for a while but had too much sunk cost to just quit. I doubt there’s much of a purge there, tinyco hasn’t really supported that game in months. They haven’t advanced the main story missions in about a year, and they functionally broke it in their big redesign. The characters straight up use “the way things are here is unsustainable” as a plot point for the final missions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Insomniac has said that one they definitely aren't doing is the Amazing movie suit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Finally. I’ve been wanting to quit Academy for a while but had too much sunk cost to just quit. I doubt there’s much of a purge there, tinyco hasn’t really supported that game in months. They haven’t advanced the main story missions in about a year, and they functionally broke it in their big redesign. The characters straight up use “the way things are here is unsustainable” as a plot point for the final missions.

Disney doesn’t own Tinyco, I meant a licensing purge.

They did that a few years ago, pulled licenses from a bunch of mobile and Facebook games.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Insomniac has said that one they definitely aren't doing is the Amazing movie suit.

Not surprising since pretty much everyone hated the suit in the first movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You'd think but lots of people on the Raimi Reddit have clamored for it. I think the second movie suit is better and more popular but also maybe not as distinct in relation to all the rest of the classic looks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

That game sucked so much after the redesign. And it was impossible to get new characters.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Boxart and release date for MUA3:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1118136964027260928

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
After the most recent Marvel vs Capcom I'm definitely going to wait for reviews.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

After the most recent Marvel vs Capcom I'm definitely going to wait for reviews.
What does a game developed and published by Capcom have to do with one developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo other than sharing a license?

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

I hope they port it on other platforms

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

What does a game developed and published by Capcom have to do with one developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo other than sharing a license?

It's a new game in a well regarded series after a long absence, I'm just being cautious.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

It's a new game in a well regarded series after a long absence, I'm just being cautious.
You should always be cautious of new games, regardless of any absences.

New Wave Jose posted:

I hope they port it on other platforms
Nintendo is well-known for publishing to non-Nintendo platforms.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm just hoping Wolverine, Storm, and Nightcrawler are the tip of the X-Men iceberg. It would also be cool if they actually do add a couple of Nintendo characters this time around– iirc that was the (scrapped) plan for the Wii version of MUA. Let me have a team with Captain America, Falcon, and Captain Falcon.

e: or just give Hulk a Donkey Kong skin

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 16, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

I'm just hoping Wolverine, Storm, and Nightcrawler are the tip of the X-Men iceberg. It would also be cool if they actually do add a couple of Nintendo characters this time around– iirc that was the (scrapped) plan for the Wii version of MUA. Let me have a team with Captain America, Falcon, and Captain Falcon.

Add Bayonetta you cowards.

The F4 seem conspicuously absent looks like, also looks like no Silver Surfer or Namor so there goes my OG Defenders team.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

Add Bayonetta you cowards.

The F4 seem conspicuously absent looks like, also looks like no Silver Surfer or Namor so there goes my OG Defenders team.

The Ultimate Alliance games and their antecedents always had a lot of secret characters (Iron Man was an unlock in X-Men Legends II) and DLC, so them not being on the cover doesn't exactly prove anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope it's fun like the first one and not boring like the second one.

I had a ton of fun with that first game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Men Legends 2 was the best entry of that series imo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chill Penguin posted:

It would also be cool if they actually do add a couple of Nintendo characters this time around– iirc that was the (scrapped) plan for the Wii version of MUA.

They actually already had Link and Samus in with moves but when they presented it to Nintendo, Nintendo shot it down. Rumors say that they were unhappy with not being asked first before putting their characters in the game, and that it also may or may not have had something to do with the devs making their pitch using the PS2 build of the game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Glad to see Nightcrawler. Being able to have four people with their own Switches, and the optional new camera angle has me pretty excited. Hopefully there’s plenty of cool costumes for each character.

Go team Spider with Peter, Miles, Gwen, and Venom.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men Legends 2 was the best entry of that series imo

It was pretty good but Ultimate Alliance edges it out for me because of the "Tour of the Marvel Universe" aspect. A bunch of X-men Legends 2 is just in like, sewers and nondescript facilities.

TwoPair posted:

They actually already had Link and Samus in with moves but when they presented it to Nintendo, Nintendo shot it down. Rumors say that they were unhappy with not being asked first before putting their characters in the game, and that it also may or may not have had something to do with the devs making their pitch using the PS2 build of the game.

A lot of the old guard at Nintendo has retired or passed away, and they're a lot less stubborn about things like this nowadays.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It was pretty good but Ultimate Alliance edges it out for me because of the "Tour of the Marvel Universe" aspect. A bunch of X-men Legends 2 is just in like, sewers and nondescript facilities.
That's fair. Mostly I felt like they really pulled back on the RPG elements with MUA, which was a bummer for me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not quite as overt as what Insomniac did but you can see Team Ninja did their own slight edit of Spider-Man's costume at the hands and forearm.

Also, doesn't it look like the top of Wolverine's cowl opens up like a hatch?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they actually shown off more gameplay because the stuff they showed before looked very generic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

That's fair. Mostly I felt like they really pulled back on the RPG elements with MUA, which was a bummer for me.

It's a shame no characters in either Ultimate Alliance game have that Juggernaut power where he gets bigger every time he punches.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder why they put Wholverine front and center of the cover instead of Spider-Man
Like I get it lol comics with wolverine on the cover sell better but come on man, use an avenger endgame guy or gal

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

Also, doesn't it look like the top of Wolverine's cowl opens up like a hatch?
There's where he loads the bubs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Wonder why they put Wholverine front and center of the cover instead of Spider-Man
Like I get it lol comics with wolverine on the cover sell better but come on man, use an avenger endgame guy or gal

Maybe they want to assure people x-men are in the game because of that stupid embargo being lifted.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean their advertising priorities are not hard to see.

"Everyone who has a popular movie + arguably the three most popular X-Men"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Isn’t Wolverine pretty popular in Japan relative to other Marvel characters?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
poo poo I only just noticed Spider-Gwen in the back of that lineup and I'm hyped. gently caress it give me a whole team of Spider-Folk and a Jake Johnson voice pack for Spidey Prime and just turn this into Spider-Verse the game.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Maybe? I know he and Iron Man are the two Marvel characters that got solo anime...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wolverine is definitely eye-catching, in a way that only bright yellow and knives for claws can be but Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Captain Marvel seem more like they have better placement overall as the central core of the image.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wolverine is way more prominent than anyone else. Everyone sprouts from his back. You can tell they carefully chose who goes where.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Open Marriage Night posted:

You're thinking of Captain Japan.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Nintendo is well-known for publishing to non-Nintendo platforms.

Oh yeah I forgot that Nintendo was the publisher. Bummer.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

New Wave Jose posted:

Oh yeah I forgot that Nintendo was the publisher. Bummer.

Nintendo doesn't have any copyright on the game, so it could just be a timed exclusive (see: Lego City Undercover), but who knows for how long even if so

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

poo poo I only just noticed Spider-Gwen in the back of that lineup and I'm hyped. gently caress it give me a whole team of Spider-Folk and a Jake Johnson voice pack for Spidey Prime and just turn this into Spider-Verse the game.

Maybe? I know he and Iron Man are the two Marvel characters that got solo anime...

Blade got one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm not convinced the Blade anime ever existed because I heard not so much as a peep or a screenshot at any point while it was apparently airing.

The only one of those four series people seemed to really care about was X-Men and I think that was mostly on the merit of people liking Storm's redesign.