Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Maybe Bethesda will just recreate Fallout 1 and 2 from a first person perspective. Would be easier than trying to make their own poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

lmao

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

antidote posted:

Maybe Bethesda will just recreate Fallout 1 and 2 from a first person perspective. Would be easier than trying to make their own poo poo.

I'm trying to think about how they'd go about doing that, because a lot of the gameplay time I have on either one of them was spent waiting for the turn-based combat movement of mole rats that I couldn't even see or the New Reno hookers fleeing from gunfire or whatever. I'd have to assume the real-time combat would end up making both games significantly shorter. Plus they'd "have to" tack on some kind of crafting system as Bethesda is wont to do, and so on.

You could maybe package them together into a single game and have like a "80 YEARS LATER" movie sequence/title card/whatever or just package them like a Final Fantasy anthology thing like Squeenix did with FFX/X-2.

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily WANT them to do it, but they could sure try.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Hootington posted:

The opposite of what most people seem to want.

^^^ New Thread Title ^^^

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Mr Hootington posted:

If it is PVP only servers it would be something people wanted in the game since day 1. BGS will find a way to gently caress even that simple idea up.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

SwitchbladeKult posted:

If it is PVP only servers it would be something people wanted in the game since day 1. BGS will find a way to gently caress even that simple idea up.

If it was in day 1 I would have picked up the game from one of those $35 preorder deals purely because of the chaos of it, and that was IF it was the default mode. Why would I want it now that the game is not doing so hot and as a non-default mode?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mr Hootington posted:

the people don't know what's good for them

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Known Issues:

*Anti-cheating measures in PvP servers causes both players and NPC enemies to become immune to damage.

*Legendary weapons with the Radiation Damage bonus can still cause radiation damage to other players in the PvE server.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Playing Fallout 76 after the PVP patch nukes your harddrive randomly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Day 1 separate servers for sure people wanted that, but this is Bethesda so it will be all servers full of invincible players because anti-cheat kicked in on everyone.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Or everyone will die from ramped up damage rates over just jumping and taking 5000 fall damage for a rock in the road.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Or everyone will die from ramped up damage rates over just jumping and taking 5000 fall damage for a rock in the road.

This damage will be misinterpreted by the physics engine and launch the player into the stratosphere like the giants in Skyrim.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Crabtree posted:

You never get to be the faction of Communist propagandists. What the gently caress Todd.
They had chinese communist ghouls as enemies in 3. I'm surprised they never expanded upon that.

Like, imagine you had a chinese ghoul companion, and they get more and more depressed as your journey with them because no one cares about capitalism or communism anymore.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

They had chinese communist ghouls as enemies in 3. I'm surprised they never expanded upon that.

Like, imagine you had a chinese ghoul companion, and they get more and more depressed as your journey with them because no one cares about capitalism or communism anymore.

I don't know, you could do a lot of interesting things with a 200 year-old current or former Maoist. I trust Bethesda to do none of those interesting things with the concept.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I don't know, you could do a lot of interesting things with a 200 year-old current or former Maoist. I trust Bethesda to do none of those interesting things with the concept.

This is a thing I dont understand- why would a ghoul who has lived and suffered 200 years on post-apocalypse still be blood-red maoist, or even remember the prewar world? I mean people flak on bethesda all the time over having DC look like war was yesterday, But why would mr. Mao the ghoul give Any more flying fucks about per-war world anymore after 200 years of ”Need food for today and ammo to shoot those drat Molerats tomorrow”-existence? Normal people tend to change over a couple of decades If ordinary life, a century of wasteland should pretty much remake you into a new person.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Valtonen posted:

This is a thing I dont understand- why would a ghoul who has lived and suffered 200 years on post-apocalypse still be blood-red maoist, or even remember the prewar world? I mean people flak on bethesda all the time over having DC look like war was yesterday, But why would mr. Mao the ghoul give Any more flying fucks about per-war world anymore after 200 years of ”Need food for today and ammo to shoot those drat Molerats tomorrow”-existence? Normal people tend to change over a couple of decades If ordinary life, a century of wasteland should pretty much remake you into a new person.

Well this isn't Threads. It's a story where virtually every character is attempting to maintain or is even cartoonishly obsessed with the pre-war political caricatures of life.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Oh lookie here

from the e3 reveal

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
idgi

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

build-able vendors, which are not something you can make in-game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Not in the actual game
E:b

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Valtonen posted:

There's any number of ways to make it work. You could have the ghoul be the last remaining True Believer of a larger group, and one way their quest could end is to help them let go of the past.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

Oh lookie here

from the e3 reveal

Stash limit increase had to come from somewhere.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the 200 year old incel

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

SardonicTyrant posted:

There's any number of ways to make it work. You could have the ghoul be the last remaining True Believer of a larger group, and one way their quest could end is to help them let go of the past.

Or to bring the good aspects of that philosphy to help others, make them let go of embittered enemies that no longer exist and bring about a collectivist home for everyone he can.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mormonpartyboat posted:

the 200 year old incel

dont sign your posts

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

dont sign your posts

:thunk:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Oh lookie here

from the e3 reveal

Dispenser goin up

*reads two more posts*

nevermind

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
How is this game so consistently bad?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Valtonen posted:

Maybe he could have just come out of a secret chinese sleeper vault. Or been cryogenically frozen like the FO4 protagonist.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

How is this game so consistently bad?

I think a combination of this:

Bethesda is bad at fixing bugs.
MMOs are big and complicated.
Sandbox games are hard to test.
It was build by the b-team.
Bad management.
Releasing early to hit Xmax.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Are the fo76 is bad people the pc crowd because of hacks and stuff?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yesterday wasn't a fluke. Today's Whitesprings blast zone was similarly busted. Also ended in a disconnect.

Was the blast zone framerate always this bad?

E:omg despite reading about it, I accidentally auto scrapped all the hardened mass

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 21, 2018

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
I'm just going to try and be constructive briefly.

This would work better with private servers.

There we go, that just about the only thing you could do to "fix" this mess, because it is just another online survival game, one among hundreds that Steam has been spewing forth for years now.

And they only really work when there's some persistence to the whole "survival" thing, otherwise it very quickly stops being fun, if you can't build a giant penis with lights and swastikas, why bother?

Otherwise you're just playing The Division with a Fallout skin and who the hell wants that.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Heh, a Maoist companion you say? Have I got the mod for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fKN8HAd6oM

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What the hell did they do this update? Constant disconnects.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Mr Hootington posted:

Day 1 separate servers for sure people wanted that, but this is Bethesda so it will be all servers full of invincible players because anti-cheat kicked in on everyone.

Oh yeah. Sorry, didn't mean for that to sound like I was disagreeing. Always on PVP servers at this point can't work. Everyone is packing two-shot instigating gauss rifles and explosive shotguns that do 500+ damage. PVP of any kind is totally hosed.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I would do this:
Levelling pvp servers: limited to players level 1-35. 20% xp bonus playing in this server.
Bounty pvp servers. Extra loot with mobs. Level 35 and above.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Scrap this whole thing and start from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Solarin posted:

Dispenser goin up

*reads two more posts*

nevermind

https://youtu.be/mZqTP5AnFRg