Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1075881713111326721

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bolton is going to benefit from this you dumb gently caress. He wants Mattis gone. Do you know anything about the power dynamics in this administration? No you don’t know poo poo.

gently caress

What was Mattie doing that kept Trump in check, because it looks like Trump was pretty much ignoring recently

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bolton is going to benefit from this you dumb gently caress. He wants Mattis gone. Do you know anything about the power dynamics in this administration? No you don’t know poo poo.

gently caress

So Bolton is bad and evil, but also Trump should listen to him more on foreign policy and stay the course?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh my god people Mattis was not 'the last adult' he was literally hired only for his nickname and his career is full of generic warmongering poo poo and outright tech-scams he ran on the government for a quick buck

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cheetah7071 posted:

A pull out from almost everywhere, done with care, would be a good thing, especially if accompanied with a corresponding decrease in military spending

lol at any of that though

oh yeah. i agree. you know how this poo poo is.

VH4Ever posted:

This legit worries me. He has nothing left to lose. He may start a new war just to change the news cycle and the last adult is now leaving the daycare.

yeah thats the poo poo scares me. he knows he is hosed and is cornered.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the only good thing Mattis ever did in his career was scam the Pentagon out of a few million for Theranos' blood tests or whatever that weird booming voice lady was hawking.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

oh my god people Mattis was not 'the last adult' he was literally hired only for his nickname and his career is full of generic warmongering poo poo and outright tech-scams he ran on the government for a quick buck

sure but compared to the rest of the fuckshits, thats an adult.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Now that the last adult is gone can we finally have that nukular apocalypse wer were promised?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

I dunno, if Mattis is being pushed out over wanting more foreverwar I can see Bolton also taking that route and trying to get in on the more blood hungry hawk faction with Lindsay and all

Idk, it's not like Trump is going to listen to Bolton either.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure but compared to the rest of the fuckshits, thats an adult.

Mattis has the exact same wet dreams of Tehran on fire as Bolton does my dude

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

But he wasn't dumb enough to start a loving nuclear war with the DPRK over a Twitter war, that after all would end his grift machine and also kill everyone. Trump is. Wasn't there word of him talking Trump out of a few, shall we say hotheaded ideas on how to deal with unfriendly countries?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Tayter Swift posted:

Definitely not if he's trying to bring troops home.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

the only good thing Mattis ever did in his career was scam the Pentagon out of a few million for Theranos' blood tests or whatever that weird booming voice lady was hawking.

Unfortunately those fake tests actually had real medical consequences for a bunch of people who believed the lies

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao MSNBC mentioning Tom Cotton was mentioned as a replacement lol JUST lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VitalSigns posted:

Unfortunately those fake tests actually had real medical consequences for a bunch of people who believed the lies

rip

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Some of you guys are just dumb as rocks I swear.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah there's some shade here

https://twitter.com/Elizabeth_McLau/status/1075881565216010246

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

To be fair, the end of February is like a decade from now.

Way things are going, Trump may not be President by end of February.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
Did anyone else immediately check to see if the first letter of each paragraph spelled out something

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

He was *supposedly* anti-torture as well.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Man, I knew Trump's poo poo would go off the rails after the mid-terms loss, but I really didn't think it would happen this fast.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Probably because he was against just up and leaving Syria and Afghanistan.

So this is actually a good thing he’s being fired! This will SURELY mean America’s foreign policy isn’t about to go in new and dangerous directions.

secretary of defense gotobaya rajapaksa is probably too niche a reference, but he's an american citizen! he could be appointed! he even has a shitload of relevant job experience!

he was minister of defense in sri lanka and oversaw the end of the civil war and, uh, incidentally the murder and disappearance of a shitload of Tamils who had the misfortune to live in or near the remaining LTTE holdout areas, or who had otherwise spoken to a suspected LTTE member at some point in their lives

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rocks don't promote neocon wars after 17 years of failure (or at all), perhaps you could aspire to the intelligence of a rock

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

Depends, maybe if Bolton suggests letting Saudi Arabia carve up Iran he'll listen.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sorry for asking a question

You don't have to act like an rear end about it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I may be a dumb bitch but at least I didn't genuinely think the guy who's career was jerking off to videos of marines gunning down civilians before saying 'nah it was a clean shoot' was somehow the moderate force

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Augh oh god, that's not good.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Spun Dog posted:

Definitely not if he's trying to bring troops home.

He's trying to stay out of prison.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh christ.

Whelp. Here we go.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well I hope you guys who think that Mattis was just as bad as the rest of them and didn’t actually do anything to reign in Trump are right. I really really do.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wait what?! Oh god, what is stopping him now?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HAHAHAHA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Sorry for asking a question

You don't have to act like an rear end about it

That wasn’t to you Willo. I share your concerns about Mattis leaving though obviously not to the same extreme degree.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Normal

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1075882414008926208

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lol

"I believe that you shouldn't poo poo on our allies and cozy with out enemies, but you deserve a secretary who agrees with you on core issues so I'm resigning"

It's probably a fig leaf over the troop withdrawals but that is an intensely passive aggressive resignation

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I may be a dumb bitch but at least I didn't genuinely think the guy who's career was jerking off to videos of marines gunning down civilians before saying 'nah it was a clean shoot' was somehow the moderate force

i am not saying he was some magic left wing/liberal hero. he just wasn't bolton or some other out and out chickenhawk psycho and he kept trump from doing some stupid poo poo. i am more scared of who will replace him.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1075882482959044609

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

well oiled machine, people are BEGGING for jobs!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That, and we're all angry and scared and frustrated with few ways to meaningfully influence events on a national level, but also addicted to following news minute by minute while feverishly posting with a bunch of people who somewhat disagree with us :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

haha goddamn, that letter. You know Trump is going to poo poo on him once people read it and talk about it.