Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kater posted:

How is Yuta x Rikka a thing, he has more chemistry with her mother.

Main boy gots to kiss main girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

its mostly just 'do you, the male viewer, want to kiss rikka' like most of the things on that list that arent from actual romance series

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If anything Rikka has more chemistry with Akane.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I saw Calibur x Rikka art before i started the show and i dont think they've spoke to each other since episode 3 but it was cute

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, there's a non-zero chance that Rikka is Akane. In which case it's hard to say why Yuta x Rikka is a thing considering we've never met either of them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kater posted:

Well, he keeps trying to ask her out, she's got a weird distance from him that's never quite explained, they had a "date" that didn't work as a date because everyone was there, when Akane rewrote herself into Rikka's role in the dream she was Yuta's girlfriend.

Like, it's not an actual thing, but the shadow of it as a thing has been over the whole show. It's an object conspicuous by its absence.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

kater posted:

tbf there was a whole ep about yuta getting jealous because rikka was going to a mixer with that idol group.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Main boy gots to kiss main girl

this but they're crossdressing like in the festival ep

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, he keeps trying to ask her out, she's got a weird distance from him that's never quite explained, they had a "date" that didn't work as a date because everyone was there, when Akane rewrote herself into Rikka's role in the dream she was Yuta's girlfriend.

Like, it's not an actual thing, but the shadow of it as a thing has been over the whole show. It's an object conspicuous by its absence.

Which is probably significant given that all of this is happening inside Akane's head.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Droyer posted:

tbf there was a whole ep about yuta getting jealous because rikka was going to a mixer with that idol group.

Yeah the show is straight up trying to ship the two, or it was at least for a couple episodes before we dived headlong into Akane's misery and torment.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
speaking of anitubers someone liked me this a month ago but then it got taken down and now it's back up apparently.
it isn't an anituber just a random doctor watching cells at work and explaining what's going on and it's amazing how hype he is about all this and it's just really nice to see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvgQCavmkM

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
also, it's a crime there's no asukaxasuka on top10 :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Truga posted:

speaking of anitubers someone liked me this a month ago but then it got taken down and now it's back up apparently.
it isn't an anituber just a random doctor watching cells at work and explaining what's going on and it's amazing how hype he is about all this and it's just really nice to see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvgQCavmkM

Yeah I've been watching those and he's almost halfway through the series. The enthusiasm is great and he makes his own visual aides.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Truga posted:

also, it's a crime there's no asukaxasuka on top10 :v:

Hibike Evangelionium

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I plan to watch that once I've watched the show, which is somewhere in that bigass backlog list I was given. I really enjoy those 'Irl professional discusses fictional renditions of their field' stuff. Especially that one linguistics coach Wired got to discuss accents in various Hollywood things.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

goblin slayer x cow girl

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still can't believe she's literally called Cow Girl

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

guess they made a sequel to rokka after all

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i guess that explains the overalls and huge boobs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is there a cow girl in Goblin Slayer? That seems out of place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Is there a cow girl in Goblin Slayer? That seems out of place.
goblin slayer has no place. its origins are literally asciii shitposts of popular anime characters. Cow Girl is just the farmer girl from cinderella girls

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
is she a cow Girl or a Cow girl?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
the cow girl is good

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Where is Sakura x Tae?

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Asuka x Yuu deserves to be #1, actually

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sadly, the show was watched by only twelve people

KoB
May 1, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

is she a cow Girl or a Cow girl?

a girl thats a farmer and also has big baps

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Deeply disappointed that the top couple isn’t Lou Zhen Jie x Seven Blasphemous Deaths

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's toxic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Enigmatic Gale x Getting loving Owned

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Enigmatic Gale x Getting loving Owned

I just got their wedding invite. Such a lovely couple.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Agronox posted:

More recently it fell off the top ten entirely, which is interesting because it was #1 for a few weeks when the season began.

I'm just happy Saki finally made it onto these lists

Good to see the LEGENDARY TAE YAMADA getting proper recognition.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Has Asuna even been in Alicization and interacting with Kirito since the first episode

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Has Asuna even been in Alicization and interacting with Kirito since the first episode

They're separated but both still appearing on the show? Asuna gets like one episode every couple of them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, they're already a couple, so I guess it makes sense that they're grandfathered in, but it's still a bit silly considering they haven't spent much time together this season.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Not directly interacting with Kirito because Kirito is stuck in Underworld and she's outside it, but she is the primary viewpoint character of the Rath subplot and got involved because she was worried when they essentially kidnapped Kirito.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Agronox posted:

Sadly, the show was watched by only twelve people
It was so unpopular going into the season it doesn't even appear in ANN's popularity tracker :smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the weird half episode of rape and not having any idea where the show is going for the next 9 months have kind of cooled me on sao, which is a shame because i was low-key enjoying it before

oh also they blew up a guy's eye and then just healed it back instead of giving him a cool eyepatch

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh yeah SAO's a full year isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was cooled on it about four or five episodes in, when the show had a third episode in a row that mostly took place at a single loving tree