Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ahahahahah

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1075897078491029515

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

2019 war is back in style, baybay

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and this would matter to me, the average american, why

I agree tbh. South Korea has agency, they have a meaningful standing military, they're much closer to China than we are geographically as it is. If they decide they want to be unaligned or buddies with China, whatever man. We don't need to control everything like it's fuckin' Crusader Kings guys.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

*Japan literally maintains a national scale effort to actively hide war crimes they did and outright insult the victims of them when asked for restitution*

'lol yea Japan's soooo fascist guys'

This is every country tbf

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Well that confirms it won't shut down then.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and this would matter to me, the average american, why

Domino Theory, first South Korea then Hawaii then Anytown USA will be under the thumb of the PLA!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Man it’s been a crazy loving day.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i guess miller is being fired next

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sulphagnist posted:

Acting Secretary of Defense Sebastian Gorka

The DRAGON OF BUDAPEST becomes the GARDENER OF WAR!!!!!!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mantis42 posted:

We went from claiming American troops were in Syria being a conspiracy theory to pulling out being unthinkable and unserious in the space of 2 years without public debate or congressional action. Screw that, America out of the Middle East.

people keep saying this and it feels p gaslighty

my recollection is that A) having a smattering of dudes helping the Kurds (and then a larger smattering helping the Kurds and SDF, particularly against ISIS but also to stand around and be potential collateral damage if Turkey or Assad fucks with them overmuch) has been public knowledge at least since Kobane, and B) the conspiracy theory stuff was that the whole rebellion against Assad was created and spearheaded by American special forces and mercenaries

equating the two is dumb

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 21, 2018

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/1075897253955624967?s=19

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Trump should just greenlight SK to develop their own nuclear weapons so they can have military parity with NK similar to Pakistan/India, and then pull out all US troops.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

And still the chuds will be hooting and oinking in approval.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

people keep saying this and it feels p gaslighty

my recollection is that A) having a smattering of dudes helping the Kurds (and then a larger smattering helping the Kurds and SDF, particularly against ISIS) has been public knowledge at least since Kobane, and B) the conspiracy theory stuff was that the whole rebellion against Assad was created and spearheaded by American special forces and mercenaries

equating the two is dumb

nah we had to very reluctantly admit the force we went in as ~educators~ and ~logistics~ were actually, ya know, doing military things, before that saying we were invading Syria was treated as akin to 9/11 truther poo poo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Yeah the market is going to be interesting tomorrow.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man it’s been a crazy loving day.

nights still young. we could see more news tonight.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1075899042645884935

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

There are more shoes dropping than a Ben Garrison cartoon.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

enraged_camel posted:

i guess miller is being fired next

Watching him and professional interrupter-er Wolf Blitzer go back and forth is :stare: no one is able to finish a sentence. It is the only time Wolf hasn't annoyed me when he does that.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ague Proof posted:

lmao

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
If no one else will say it, I will: Trump is a bad President.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ague Proof posted:

nice

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

qkkl posted:

Trump should just greenlight SK to develop their own nuclear weapons so they can have military parity with NK similar to Pakistan/India, and then pull out all US troops.

Nuclear proliferation is bad.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
I keep reading all of this news, all I can think of is that picture of ralphie from the Simpsons on the bus, laughing and saying "I'm in danger"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm sure this is all part of Qs prophecy.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Squalid posted:

I don't really think so. Following the coverage of the Afghan war over the last two years, I've noticed any hint of support for the conflict has disappeared. A general tone of resignation is prevalent in military-centric publications like task and purpose. Conservative publications have if anything been harsher on the Afghan war than their liberal counterparts, generally adopting Trump's line that its not America's job to fix the world's problems. Even think tanks that tend to be pretty pro-military intervention have taken on an extremely pessimistic tone. Military leaders openly admit they don't know what the ultimate goal of their strategies are and that the war is a stalemate.

If there's any popular constituency that wants America to keep fighting in Afghanistan, I'm not sure who they are. Certainly it would be bad for Trump's personal relationship with the neo-neocons like Rubio, but that's a different kind of problem.

the last poll listed on pollingreport about our war in afghanistan was taken... four years ago this month.

and even then it was hugely unpopular among americans:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

nah we had to very reluctantly admit the force we went in as ~educators~ and ~logistics~ were actually, ya know, doing military things, before that saying we were invading Syria was treated as akin to 9/11 truther poo poo

this jives more with what i remember, but the other folks have been saying our dudes' presence was considered a conspiracy theory and i don't remember that being the case at least since kobane

i also don't really give a poo poo whether our 2k dudes are building airfields and teaching Kurds to point laser designators, or pointing the designators themselves

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Meatball posted:

I keep reading all of this news, all I can think of is that picture of ralphie from the Simpsons on the bus, laughing and saying "I'm in danger"

Why, do you live in Venezuela?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lightning Knight posted:

Nuclear proliferation is bad.

yeah lest we forget that even though we're slowly killing ourselves by boiling the planet alive, we still have the capability to kill ourselves quickly with the bomb and should try to avoid that too

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

mod sassinator posted:

Holy moly. poo poo is bad when Rubio is pushing for impeachment...

He's definitely not doing that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mod sassinator posted:

Holy moly. poo poo is bad when Rubio is pushing for impeachment...

I needed a laugh, thank you friend

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1075896313894432770

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah lest we forget that even though we're slowly killing ourselves by boiling the planet alive, we still have the capability to kill ourselves quickly with the bomb and should try to avoid that too

so we need to nuke the sun, bing bong so simple

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is the Herman Cain page

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

:lol: old macdonald trump can't have coyotes coming onto his farm

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Considering that Japan now has a lovely far right government and has to my knowledge since the end of the war, and we made no real effort to push down fascism post-war, I'd say we did a pretty poo poo job there.

It's worse than that, the US allowed most of the unit 731 bigwigs to escape unscathed and actively astroturfed the right wing LDP against the Communist Party of Japan:

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/09/world/cia-spent-millions-to-support-japanese-right-in-50-s-and-60-s.html

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

This is the Herman Cain page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9dr-FItR8

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

the last poll listed on pollingreport about our war in afghanistan was taken... four years ago this month.

and even then it was hugely unpopular among americans:

Watch all the neolibs do a 180 on it like they did on Bush just to spite Trump.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what was the weird thing Caine said? Give a lamb a gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh my loving god could you imagine the tabloid circus a Presidential divorce would be?
Chuds own all the tabloids and I'm sure Melania's pre-nup is a loving rat's nest so it would be every checkstand in America screaming about "Melania: secret monster?" and "Melania cheats with handsome guy!!", trump will tweet like Johnny at the end of The Room "She's dishonest, and she used me, and I don't care anymore" without the happy ending, while Melania and her people stay quiet as a mouse to avoid losing her bonus or allowance.

Basically the election with Melania instead of Hillary.