Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Technowolf posted:

Is there any reason that the "Temporal Ambassador" mission was moved to way beyond when you're gonna have any use for the reward?

Eh Admiralty was the only use for that ship anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

LordCo posted:

Yup, I was one of the ones that reported him for that. According to a tear filled post on his facebook page he copped a 24 hour ban for it.

He still goes absolutely apeshit over disco balls and reports anyone using one anywhere near him. He also records video of it for "evidence" and posts it on his facebook page. Almost every video shows him reporting the offending player with a note to the GMs that "video evidence will follow". Yesterday he admitted in zone chat that he was told that cryptic couldn't or wouldn't look at his video evidence on facebook and was begging other players to file reports for him because he had "lost credibility" with the GMs

https://www.facebook.com/NightstalkerSage

He's honestly a special kind of weird. Last time I was playing, he was spending a LOT of time in the DPS channels begging people to run ISA with him and constantly posting logs of his best parses. I think he thought he was a magic vampire or something as well?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Cythereal posted:

Anyone know where I might find the 'mission simulator' for KDF? I'm trying to replay an old mission on one of my klanks, but the episode guide says it's available in the mission simulator and I can find no mention of where such a thing might be.

Go back to the episode list, find it in there. Replaying an episode you've done already is a 'holodeck simulation'. You still fly out to where you went before and do the things you've done.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bloodly posted:

Go back to the episode list, find it in there. Replaying an episode you've done already is a 'holodeck simulation'. You still fly out to where you went before and do the things you've done.

I have. It tells me that the contact is the 'Mission Simulator.' I can't start it from that menu.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

"Mission Simulator" really is just what the game calls replay. If a mission is grayed out and unavailable to you, there's some mission (or two, or twenty) earlier in the list that you need to play or skip.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

http://priorityonepodcast.com/po394/

- Victory is Life was originally going to segway into a different story, one they hope to get back to, before the opportunity to work with the Discovery writers came up and lead to AoD.
- They wanted to get Camille Saviola to play Kai Opaka, but by the time they found out this wouldn't be happening they couldn't change the story so had to get the person they did use.
- Geko says the random TFO system has gotten more people playing more queues saying play time, dil earning, mark earning, etc has doubled.
- He also says this has made problems in some queues become more visible, and they want to fix those.
- The new EP has a focus on monthly events/releases to keep people engaged.
- They apparently have the assets for the new ship seen in the recent Discovery trailer.
- All of the Discovery ships will eventually be made available.
- Geko talked about changing how they do stories, instead of more constant mission A goes to mission B goes to mission C, we will likely see stories pick up, get put on hold for awhile while another story begins, then come back to the first story.
- Geko mentioned the Niagara, New Orleans, Yeager, the Maquis/voyager kitbash ship, Botany Bay as canonical ships they don't have yet.
- Might see the Emmett Till from the DS9 documentary at some point in the future.
- Quality of Life improvement to rep UI is coming soon.(the fill all seen on tribble)
- Wants to get a complete revamp/streamline of reputations by the end of 2019.
- More remasters of old missions and old TFOs
- There have been recent discussions about making reputation items salvageable. Its a long manual task to do.
- Anniversary will be bigger then normal, called Season 16. More then one episode will come with the anniversary.
- More Discovery Klingon ships being made playable are in the pipeline.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Teron D Amun posted:

- Victory is Life was originally going to segway into a different story, one they hope to get back to, before the opportunity to work with the Discovery writers came up and lead to AoD.

I can hear the massive sarcastic quotes around "opportunity" from here.

I hope they get back to that story. ViL was really good for this game. :(

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I loved ViL and AoD and want more of both.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Teron D Amun posted:

- There have been recent discussions about making reputation items salvageable. Its a long manual task to do.

Lol'in at this. Gotta love it when bad/no planning in the past bites you in the rear end in the future.

Have actually been having "fun" in the last week using Xmas ornament doffing & Admiralty to get an old alt from 50 to 65. It's kind of scary how fast I gained levels doing this seeing as how this character had a total Admiralty roster of ten (10) ships & an all white/green doff pool.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

calvus posted:

Sorry, forgot to post my ingame handle:

calvus@calvus2160
[System] User "@calvus2160" not found.
Are you playing on PC? Any #digits after your account name?

Geekboy posted:

I loved ViL and AoD and want more of both.
So an AoD take on ViL?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Teron D Amun posted:

- Geko mentioned the Niagara, New Orleans, Yeager, the Maquis/voyager kitbash ship, Botany Bay as canonical ships they don't have yet.

For reference: Niagara-class, New Orleans-class, and Yeager-type

quote:

Ew.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

New Orleans is already in the game.

Er, isn't the Niagara already the Cheyenne?

The Yeager is an abomination unto God and Man.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Er, isn't the Niagara already the Cheyenne?

Nope, the Niagara has three nacelles, not four.

quote:

The Yeager is an abomination unto God and Man.

Siskoglare.gif

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Right now my main ask is Tellarites and Andorians in Age of Discovery. At a minimum. I get some species restriction, but it’s just kinda bizarre that it’s Vulcans, Humans, or Aliens only.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

If there's something dumb in AoD my honest bet would be to blame it on CBS. I'm pretty sure Andorians and Tellarites didn't show up in season one, so STO couldn't have them. :toot:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Asimo posted:

If there's something dumb in AoD my honest bet would be to blame it on CBS. I'm pretty sure Andorians and Tellarites didn't show up in season one, so STO couldn't have them. :toot:

They did show up, and AoD has brought us Shran's son or grandson as a new character to STO so we can still have Jeffrey Combs.

The Romulans and Dominion haven't shown up in Discovery, though, so no bets on them getting new stuff anytime soon.

The Gorn will apparently be showing up in season two, though, and the writers said a while back that they'd like to do first contact with the Breen and Cardassians.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

If there's something dumb in AoD my honest bet would be to blame it on CBS

For everything else, maybe, for Discovery stuff, not so much. Recently fired CBS CEO and sex-pervert Les Moonves, who cancelled Enterprise just as it was starting not to suck and famously thought scifi in general was complete bullshit not worth spending time or money on, was the guy that greenlit STD to boost CBS all access numbers. But, because he didn't want to risk anything for it, STD was produced under JJ's Bad Robot license with Netflix's money. The only involvement CBS has is distribution rights within the USA. All that "STD is prime universe" bullshit is basically just Bad Robot trying to change what people perceive as 'prime' because none of the JJverse movie merchandise sold at all and they are not allowed to sell anything that "looks like" prime trek.

The whole thing is a mess, but basically don't blame CBS for the minutiae of AoD

Mondian fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 22, 2018

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Any chance for a fleet invite?

Latro Caliginis@TawlinTooknost

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Ossipago posted:

Any chance for a fleet invite?

Latro Caliginis@TawlinTooknost
I sent an invite your way. The fleet invite has been known to be a bit buggy at times so try asking in the channel if you didn't receive it.

quote:

I hope they migrate all existing Klingon players to the updated and canonically correct version. :getin:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

fakemirage posted:

I hope they migrate all existing Klingon players to the updated and canonically correct version. :getin:

You can probably ask all six people who play a Klingon in the KDF what they think first.

I highly doubt Discovery is going to mess with the Orions' design.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
STD is the mess. It spreads that mess to all it touches.

slashtom
Jan 5, 2012
VeteranX
Hi could I get access to wiki slashtom is my username.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Cythereal posted:

You can probably ask all six people who play a Klingon in the KDF what they think first.

I highly doubt Discovery is going to mess with the Orions' design.

It doesn’t. There’s a scene in the final where Mirror Gorgeau fucks two of them, from memory.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Coq au Nandos posted:

It doesn’t. There’s a scene in the final where Mirror Gorgeau fucks two of them, from memory.

Because sex is evil.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Because sex is evil.

One of them is a lady. The edge is so sharp you could cut yourself on it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Coq au Nandos posted:

One of them is a lady. The edge is so sharp you could cut yourself on it.

Fear not, censors! There was a happy, stable, emotionally healthy gay couple on the show! Emphasis on 'was.'

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Coq au Nandos posted:

I still can't believe they went mirror universe so early. It's a fun little thing that works best as a nice diversion from whatever the main plot is where you can do crazy poo poo and show beloved characters do wildly out of character poo poo without consequences. Want to explode a slave driver Odo and see what the effects department comes up with! Go for it! Want Quark to be running some kind of underground railroad because he's a really awesome, caring dude? Sure. Hyper-sexualized (by the standards of prime time) Kira hitting on herself in what can only be described as fan service raised to an art form? Sisko banging Dax? Why not, everyone will go home at the end of the episode and maybe we'll pick up this thread in a season and a half if we need another breather from the Dominion or whatever.

What it isn't is something to hang your main loving plot on. It just makes everything feel dumb because it's the biggest, dumbest deus ex machina ever. "oh, that was EVIL Character_we_are_supposed_to_care_about!" It just sucks the stakes out of everything.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I still can't believe they went mirror universe so early. It's a fun little thing that works best as a nice diversion from whatever the main plot is where you can do crazy poo poo and show beloved characters do wildly out of character poo poo without consequences. Want to explode a slave driver Odo and see what the effects department comes up with! Go for it! Want Quark to be running some kind of underground railroad because he's a really awesome, caring dude? Sure. Hyper-sexualized (by the standards of prime time) Kira hitting on herself in what can only be described as fan service raised to an art form? Sisko banging Dax? Why not, everyone will go home at the end of the episode and maybe we'll pick up this thread in a season and a half if we need another breather from the Dominion or whatever.

What it isn't is something to hang your main loving plot on. It just makes everything feel dumb because it's the biggest, dumbest deus ex machina ever. "oh, that was EVIL Character_we_are_supposed_to_care_about!" It just sucks the stakes out of everything.

I dunno, it felt like the logical conclusion of Discovery's hard men making hard choices atmosphere.

I'm still surprised we haven't had a mirror universe Fed start where you play as a space Nazi for a few missions before having a change of heart and coming over to the main universe.

On a related note, crew of the USS Phalarope: please stop murdering your crewmates. I know they're lovely white security doffs, but still.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Cythereal posted:

I'm still surprised we haven't had a mirror universe Fed start where you play as a space Nazi for a few missions before having a change of heart and coming over to the main universe.

That would own far, far too hard for this game and you know it, sir.

plus they're saving it for playable cardassians

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Dalris Othaine posted:

That would own far, far too hard for this game and you know it, sir.

plus they're saving it for playable cardassians

imagine strafing moonbases and defenceless colonies with your ship like the intro clip for the Enterprise mirror universe ep. :allears: my gods it would be awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
...Next time I'll try to remember that 'play as space Nazis' is something this thread is generally in favor of.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

...Next time I'll try to remember that 'play as space Nazis' is something this thread is generally in favor of.

You're simply a victim of Bajoran propaganda. Dukat was right.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

I suspect the original intention was to set up the Federation and especially Discovery getting a bit compromised in the face of the war, then exposure to a true dark humanity of the Mirror Universe would knock them out of it and back to the high road. They couldn't stick the landing, in part because everything got massively messed up after Fuller left and they were just playing out his general plots without care or meaning, and in part because the new writers suuuucked.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Look man, it's Star Trek. If you enjoy it, you have two choices - fascism or pedophilia. Nobody this deep in gets to be functional and beneficial to society.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Cythereal posted:

As a cold intro before the "wait a minute we suck" twist yeah, don't make this weird :v:

#dukatwasright

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Dukat was as right as Gaul was, which is to say 100%.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I have discovered a new hobby to waste time on recently. I've been doing every doff job that pops up that can result in a buff to yourself or your ship when you crit it. I'm up to something like 19 buff icons in space already. And for some reason some of them are dupes. It would not surprise me if they stacked, having +75 or +100 of something might actually be useful.

I played a bit on the alt I dusted off and boy howdy is it noticeable when you don't have traits and rep/fleet everything or any specs or 15k gold weapons :stonkhat: .

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

MREBoy posted:

I have discovered a new hobby to waste time on recently. I've been doing every doff job that pops up that can result in a buff to yourself or your ship when you crit it. I'm up to something like 19 buff icons in space already. And for some reason some of them are dupes. It would not surprise me if they stacked, having +75 or +100 of something might actually be useful.

I played a bit on the alt I dusted off and boy howdy is it noticeable when you don't have traits and rep/fleet everything or any specs or 15k gold weapons :stonkhat: .

You discovered the hot pvp tip of 2012: queuing up a ton of these and hoping it helps it didn't

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I still see people standing around with dozens of those temporary buffs running. Always just standing around, they're never actually doing anything that would benefit from the buffs. I figured it's a very dumb form of showing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Does this thread already have a ghost post? It's only 31 pages lmao

Ah, there it is.

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 25, 2018