Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't think it's that she has left them to their own devices so much as it is that she is extracting from them one at a time. Perhaps she would risk overextending herself of she just went all out on all of them at once.

It's likely that Allison's world's days were numbered before everything went haywire.

There were devils gathering around her gate waiting for it to open but that doesn't really mean that it would be any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Allison's Earth was an unconquered world - designated a part of Mottom's dominion by agreement, like Spain and Portugal carving up an unexplored South America, but not yet colonized, and it may have remained that way for a very long time.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if there are any hidden powers among the unconquered worlds that would pose a threat to the demiurges. 777,777 universes leaves a lot of room for new, weird poo poo to pop up.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

probably not. that would be a bit poo poo for the story

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

I wonder if there are any hidden powers among the unconquered worlds that would pose a threat to the demiurges. 777,777 universes leaves a lot of room for new, weird poo poo to pop up.

I think one of them is named AL-YS-UN.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i mean, what is in theory there in the setting and what happens in the story isn't nessecarily the same. It's also possible that there are some things that could threathen the demiurges, but for whatever reason would not actually end up putting them in any real danger.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Allison's world is in Mottom's domain. It looks like she didn't decide to evenly oppress her entire claim so much as pick a few favorites (like the world we saw) to raid over and over and leave most of the other 111,111 to their own devices.

None of them are exactly large-scale thinkers, they don't have the imagination to gently caress up everything. Save, sorta, for Jagganoth.

Jagganoth seems to have had the brilliant idea that, rather then be a lazy overlord, you should oppress all 111,111 of your worlds into do-or-die wartime logistics production. Your city isn't producing enough? Congratulations your region is now conscripts for the future front lines!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Allison has spent so much time getting ripped and learning to cut god that she forgot to terminate her lease agreement and will have to explain to her roommates why she hasnt paid rent in a year

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

M_Gargantua posted:

Jagganoth seems to have had the brilliant idea that, rather then be a lazy overlord, you should oppress all 111,111 of your worlds into do-or-die wartime logistics production. Your city isn't producing enough? Congratulations your region is now conscripts for the future front lines!

They're not just oppressed, a lot of them are just as fanatical as he is. Jagganoth's army exists for the express purpose of ending everything.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I expect that by the time we finally meet Jagganoth, he turns out to be kind, tender, and merciful, and his one thing is that he happens to believe with all his heart that the best thing that could happen to the universe is that it end, perhaps to make way for something better.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A.o.D. posted:

I expect that by the time we finally meet Jagganoth, he turns out to be kind, tender, and merciful, and his one thing is that he happens to believe with all his heart that the best thing that could happen to the universe is that it end, perhaps to make way for something better.

I think this has been implied by Operant somewhere

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

111,111 universes. Presumably each contains numerous worlds.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

111,111 universes. Presumably each contains numerous worlds.

I'm sure there's a few that are just one really big world or something.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A demiurge needs to drop a copy of actual Australia onto Alison's world so the natives can be terrorized by legions of rabid mutant drop bears.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Every item on the fanfiction checklist is now sorted.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Nawh, it'd just have to be foreshadowed better then "Surprise! Stellar superpower from Universe 467,225 is gonna gently caress your poo poo up!"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rhaka posted:

She's not even using a sword.

...is that more magical than a sword that does exist? It's quite possible.

A.o.D. posted:

he happens to believe with all his heart that the best thing that could happen to the universe is that it end, perhaps to make way for something better.

Hell, :same:

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 21, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
really the universe was hosed from the moment the art etc became possible, theres no hope for a conscious free society to develop and persist if they can be torn down by a single random rear end in a top hat whos good at a fight magic

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tollymain posted:

really the universe was hosed from the moment the art etc became possible, theres no hope for a conscious free society to develop and persist if they can be torn down by a single random rear end in a top hat whos good at a fight magic

I don't agree, you could absolutely have a bunch of well-intentioned sorcerers to counteract any individual jackass. The pre-second conquest era seems to have been relatively stable and decent, though as we see in the House of Om, still full of jerks. You just need something like that but without the autocracy and inevitable fall into world-spanning violence.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Rhaka posted:

Post timeskip Cio is wracking her brain for ideas for the sequel to her wildly successful debut novel about a bookish devil swept off her feet and into adventure by a dashing human swordswoman

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sindai posted:

Post timeskip Cio is wracking her brain for ideas for the sequel to her wildly successful debut novel about a bookish devil swept off her feet and into adventure by a dashing human swordswoman

She'll just do a tournament arc.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don't agree, you could absolutely have a bunch of well-intentioned sorcerers to counteract any individual jackass. The pre-second conquest era seems to have been relatively stable and decent, though as we see in the House of Om, still full of jerks. You just need something like that but without the autocracy and inevitable fall into world-spanning violence.

and then some stronger belligerent prick comes along

i mean the universe is populated in large part by aesma's children lmao

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The second conquest didn't happen because of a stronger belligerent prick, though. It happened because the overall society of the demiurges went 'you know what sounds good? ruling the everything' which really doesn't require Jackass Goku to set in motion.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jackass goku was coming from inside the house

anyway theres a p big difference between your chances of defeating/removing a warmongering dictator who is just as squishy as anybody else and a warmongering dictator who is also jackass goku

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What you need is a fist art where a group of laborers can get together Voltron-style and beat the poo poo out of their bosses

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh you mean the squat poppies school

not a lot of formation fighting arts out there not specifically designed to make war and/or to subjugate the weak

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 21, 2018

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr Cheeto posted:

What you need is a fist art where a group of laborers can get together Voltron-style and beat the poo poo out of their bosses

That's just regular mob violence.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Dr Cheeto posted:

Comrades of the Flying Guillotine

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Orange Blossom Decapitation Style.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ginger Snap Necks

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Johnny Jhonny's Martial Art Monastic Order of the Friendship Fusion

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Cat Mattress posted:

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Their big ultimate would of course be the General Strike.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

darthbob88 posted:

Their big ultimate would of course be the General Strike.

Workers of the world: UNITE!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that one tweet about how people seem to have forgotten organized labor is the capitalist's alternative to being beaten to death in front of his family

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/soup_reviews/status/1076760057000460288

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

IIRC Jagganoth was a child soldier, which means simultaniously that war really really really hosed him up and that war is all he's known since he was very young. Given just that background detail it wouldn't be that surprising if this entire thing is just him using the methods imprinted on him when he was young to mercy kill a multiverse, just like Mottom uses the methods imprinted on her when he was young (pacifying and mollifying people around her at the expense of her own personhood) to deflect responsibility.

Like, this isn't me saying that sad backstories justify horrible actions, but that a well-written character is influenced by their past, whether that's in falling into behavioral ruts, rebelling against the systems that made them, or doing something in between. Mottom's learned helplessness and ruined self-esteem from horrific abuse plays into how she deflects responsibility and allows the people relying on her to be brutalized in order to keep up appearances, despite being one of the 7 most powerful entities in current creation. Jagganoth's childhood as a soldier in a brutal war presumably plays into him solving problems with violence?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah he probably doesn't consider the war to be over and is also Liquid Snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I had a good lol from it