Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Given Hair Furor's record so far, I wouldn't trust him to withdrawal a Snickers bar from a vending machine, let alone America from Afghanistan and Syria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Iain posted:

I am seeing online that we are just cutting the number of our troops in Afghanistan in half. Lol, we're never leaving, c'mon guys.

Gotta setup the next surge somehow.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Given Hair Furor's record so far, I wouldn't trust him to withdrawal a Snickers bar from a vending machine, let alone America from Afghanistan and Syria.
They can walk home, and we'll spend the savings on the wall that Mexico is going to pay for!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

lmao

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:lol:

https://twitter.com/YAppelbaum/status/1075912981454704640?s=20

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fister Roboto posted:

This feels really appropriate right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkqPB8YUeDc

Shitter's full

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

She said that in the context of the pentagon not knowing wtf was going on and the troops not knowing if what trump was tweeting was legit

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

To the surprise of no one

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1075924847493042179

quote:

The fundraising page doesn’t mention Kolfage’s most recent business venture, a Facebook page titled Right Wing News and a ring of affiliate sites that frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories. In October, Right Wing News was pulled down by Facebook in a sweep of more than 559 pages that the company said were “using fake accounts… to drive traffic to their websites” or “were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Wasn't kolfage some AF security forces weenie?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Back in 2013 Trump invested in FundAnything, a competitor to Kickstarter that seemed to cater to a conservative/libertarians types, and pledged to fund several campaigns. Ofc he did not, and ended-up backing out completely 18 months later.

A random person on Twitter is reporting lots of repeat names for smaller amounts.

https://twitter.com/InsectophileJim/status/1075800512207847424

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Shitter's full

I don't like the White House's new name.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That loving idiot didn't hear the whole thing because she'd just spent several minutes explaining that nobody in this loving government would provide a clear answer on the timeline for this, whether it was even a complete withdrawal, or for most of the loving day and into the evening they wouldn't even give a clear answer on whether there was going to be a withdrawal at all.

You don't have to take my word for it, she records every episode as a podcast (hence how I figured out this loving idiot was full of poo poo) https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/msnbc-rachel-maddow-audio

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Put a narrow moustache on that creep and he might represent his views a bit more clearly.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

FAUXTON posted:

That loving idiot didn't hear the whole thing because she'd just spent several minutes explaining that nobody in this loving government would provide a clear answer on the timeline for this, whether it was even a complete withdrawal, or for most of the loving day and into the evening they wouldn't even give a clear answer on whether there was going to be a withdrawal at all.

You don't have to take my word for it, she records every episode as a podcast (hence how I figured out this loving idiot was full of poo poo) https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/msnbc-rachel-maddow-audio

You mean to say someone with a rose in their Twitter handle would take something completely out of context so they could dunk on the libs? Well no sir I don't believe it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't like the White House's new name.

Man, I wish Trump would've taken up that museum on their offer of a golden toilet instead of valuable artworks. Would've been so fitting.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexCKaufman/status/1075909086120734732

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

She's the only one qualified to be speaker!!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

she's only got a 93% lifetime rating from the league of conservation voters, might as well have just hired ted cruz

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This is definitely one of those times where we praise Pelosi's grit and ability to steer the Democrats the right way right

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So the Rs are gonna primary Trump with Mattis if they have any balls.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EBB posted:

So the Rs are gonna primary Trump with Mattis if they have any balls.

So, no. Got it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

House passed a bill with $5b for the wall

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
They're just kicking the can down the road so the senate has to deal with it now, right?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The senate needs 60 votes to pass

They need dems to vote for it, and they’re in lockstep atm

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Don Dongington posted:

They're just kicking the can down the road so the senate has to deal with it now, right?

Yup.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
All your predictions for next SecDef are great, but has anyone considered Sheriff David Clarke?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Now watch that figure get eclipsed 6 months in.(or if there is any justice left in the world the funding will accidentally be sent to families of detained migrant children instead)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

can't wait until future congresses allocate $0 for its maintenance and let it crumble/rust into dust like other stupid walls.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

The best part about this is that a ton of Senators have left town already. Even if they killed the filibuster, some of those Senators have checked out and won't fly back (Corker, for example) :v:

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

They not only need dem votes, a few GOP senators have straight up gone home and aren't planning on returning.

It was a complete waste of time, and in doing so managed to be the perfect capstone for Paul Ryan's political career. Rest in piss bitch

e:fb by facialimpediment, someone I would like to nominate for CE thread 2018 MVP :angel:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

DoktorLoken posted:

can't wait until future congresses allocate $0 for its maintenance and let it crumble/rust into dust like other stupid walls.

It will be made out of leftover steel from all the GM plants that have closed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Softface posted:

All your predictions for next SecDef are great, but has anyone considered Sheriff David Clarke?

Joe Arpaio is free these days

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

iKon posted:

e:fb by facialimpediment, someone I would like to nominate for CE thread 2018 MVP :angel:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
the foreign policy discussion in the trump thread is absolutely terrible.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Lol, Don Lemon is currently running a credits reel of notable politician quotes, both D & R on how bad Mattis' resignation is for America.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

searing hot take here from the facebooks

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Everyone starts as a woman.

:smug:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Waroduce posted:

the foreign policy discussion in the trump thread is absolutely terrible.

Serious question, who is coherent on US foreign policy these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Serious question, who is coherent on US foreign policy these days?

nobody because we don't have a foreign policy these days other than Trump's insane impulses.