Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

drilldo squirt posted:

Hey do you know who sucks, Putin, and Russia as a whole.

Quite a hot take on a country of 145 million people.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What about the Putin part then

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Wistful of Dollars posted:

What about the Putin part then

What do you think?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Ardennes posted:

So? When people say things like "America sucks", no one finds that particularly controversial around here (because its true). Russia is no different. It's generally understood that this is not an insult to every individual person in that country.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

So? When people say things like "America sucks", no one finds that particularly controversial around here (because its true). Russia is no different. It's generally understood that this is not an insult to every individual person in that country.

He did say "as a whole" literally imply every Russian.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 20, 2018

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ardennes posted:

What do you think?

I asked what you think.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

America does suck, though, as a whole, and individually.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

I asked what you think.

I want to know why.

steinrokkan posted:

America does suck, though, as a whole, and individually.

There are good parts of America and decent Americans even if it is political and economic system are loathsome.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Just before that the speaker was saying how he wanted to cast out demons from some MPs by sprinkling them with holy water.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ardennes posted:

I want to know why.

Curiosity.

I thought it would be an easy question

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 21, 2018

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Curiosity.

I thought it would be an easy question

The answer is easy, the reasoning for the question in the first place is more tricky.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ardennes posted:

The answer is easy, the reasoning for the question in the first place is more tricky.

What is the easy answer?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

What is the easy answer?

I assume the one that satisfies your intrigue the most.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
At the beginning of the year there were murmurs of Trump wanting a decreased presence in Germany. Wonder if that's next on the menu now that he no longer seems to care about the advice of his military advisors.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

I actually think that it is neither cool nor good to say either that Russia sucks or that America sucks. It's only not controversial to say that here because goons (including myself) are terrible, in a wide variety of ways.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ardennes posted:

I assume the one that satisfies your intrigue the most.

That's not an answer, that's an evasion.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Most people are fine, individually; it's in aggregate they become terrible.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

putin has low range tactical nukes in crimea

My god.

In other news big buildup in north crimean

Folks Russia will bring heavy stuff in once the so called Reunification bridge is done, the completion of the rail link is scheduled for early 2019 and russia will need this donr to bring in tanks and supplies enough to provide an advantage over ukraine so much so that surrender becomes the only option viable for someone making poo poo wage. Hey take off your ukraine patch put this black balaclava on and join the totally not russia sponsored [[UKRAINIAN ANTI UKRAINIAN DEFENSE LEAGUE FORCE FOR THE GOOD AND JUSTICE OF THE FOURTH ROME]] and get interviewed by RT

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 21, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

LeoMarr posted:

putin has low range tactical nukes in crimea

My god.

Is this mostly Putin waving his dick (if true)?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Rinkles posted:

Is this mostly Putin waving his dick (if true)?

Id say not i mean putins a loving former fsb officer who definitely tortured people so id say hes pretty loving methodical about use of force or forceful action

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

That picture should be on the dictionary next to SPOOK.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Conspiratiorist posted:

That picture should be on the dictionary next to SPOOK.

Please explain i want to know more i want to know more about putin but i feel like its hard not to get somewhat wrapped into the personality cult

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 21, 2018

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Couple weeks ago, while going through the DDR archives on an unrelated inquiry, researchers chanced upon Putin's Stasi ID from back when he worked as a KGB agent in East Germany through the 80s.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Paladinus posted:

Just before that the speaker was saying how he wanted to cast out demons from some MPs by sprinkling them with holy water.

i mean, worth a try

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

That's not an answer, that's an evasion.

Oh is it? Why would I be evading?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Paladinus posted:

What could possibly happen?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

What could possibly happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMHApRCKAU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

LeoMarr posted:

surrender becomes the only option viable for someone making poo poo wage.

You like to bring up wages, but Ukrainian army isn't mercenaries. Soldier's motivation isn't pay -- or at least it shouldn't be. In Yugoslavian wars none of the sides paid their soldiers much and yet they fought with a lot of fervor. Also there were no fistfights in the parliaments. I don't know why's Ukraine so bad at it, it seems that external threat didn't unite them like it should have.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Doctor Malaver posted:

You like to bring up wages, but Ukrainian army isn't mercenaries. Soldier's motivation isn't pay -- or at least it shouldn't be. In Yugoslavian wars none of the sides paid their soldiers much and yet they fought with a lot of fervor. Also there were no fistfights in the parliaments. I don't know why's Ukraine so bad at it, it seems that external threat didn't unite them like it should have.

Because pay is pretty important. Low pay, coupled with mandatory service in poor conditions tends to dampen that patriotic spirit.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Oh is it? Why would I be evading?

Because you're afraid to answer truthfully. :angel:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Ardennes posted:

All the Russians, every single one, is complicit. Even if they are babies.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Doctor Malaver posted:

I use poo poo wages as an all inclusive term for all the reasons a ukranian soldier would defect if given the choice between that and dying to russian howitzers

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
Meanwhile in Estonia: we had this corruption case in court featuring a (former) high-profile politician and since one doctor out of seven decided that the defendant is too ill to stand trial, the case has been dismissed. That was in the supreme court so that's final.

My hope is that he will never ever get his supporters back, also because he was kicked out of his party. If he is too weak to stand trial, how can he ever hope to represent anyone.

Merry christmas.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

I don't know why's Ukraine so bad at it, it seems that external threat didn't unite them like it should have.

People got disillusioned with politicians, and Russia wages a hugely successful propaganda campaign. I'm surprised Ukrainian Army still exist in any capacity. It must be the region: you're either stubborn gently caress or disappear.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Because you're afraid to answer truthfully. :angel:

Why would I do this? Am I hiding something?

drilldo squirt posted:

All the Russians, every single one, is complicit. Even if they are babies.

The sad thing about D&D is that can easily be taken as non-ironic nowadays.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 22, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
If you’re gonna go down the collective punishment all citizens of a country are responsible for its crimes route I have bad news about the US and Western Europe.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Plucky little Russia.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Plucky little Russia.

Btw, I detest Putin. But clearly I need to both hate Putin and I guess all Russians?

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Ardennes posted:

Btw, I detest Putin. But clearly I need to both hate Putin and I guess all Russians?

lol you don't gotta lie, this is d&d
Besides with the way you to to bat for him every time you're not fooling anyone