Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

SilverMike posted:

there is an SA watermark, it just might be for giggles

Ah missed that. It was posted unironically in an anti-vaxx group I follow. I do this because I hate myself and enjoy feeling anger and contempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Here's another page I follow, called "Gnarly Curmudgeon" because the "humor" it posts is honestly disgusting and baffling in it's consistent terribleness.

Enjoy :discourse:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sedge and Bee posted:

Here's another page I follow, called "Gnarly Curmudgeon" because the "humor" it posts is honestly disgusting and baffling in it's consistent terribleness.

amazed this didn't devolve into some weird fetish poo poo

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

amazed this didn't devolve into some weird fetish poo poo

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I love how the images have been put out of proportion to really bring home that uncanny valley feeling.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Poser models seem to be a lot more detailed, yet exactly as uncanny and lovely as ever somehow

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/1075906568007360512

OId Man Yelling at Empty Chair, meet Woman Yelling at Dead Man.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/Eternal0Star/status/1075925665436717056

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That wasn't a joke? I had a good laugh when it hit my Twitter feed at how it highlights the stupidity of the current media landscape. It was a very funny joke.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

It's been done :colbert:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Solid ratio right there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jobson groeth posted:

That wasn't a joke? I had a good laugh when it hit my Twitter feed at how it highlights the stupidity of the current media landscape. It was a very funny joke.

She's linking to an article from last year and including the headline in her tweet

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Tjoeb123/status/1075965401438269440

The image in question appears after the final credits of the game. The other is a bonus poster for buying the game at a store.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dehry posted:

The image in question appears after the final credits of the game. The other is a bonus poster for buying the game at a store.

That's probable cause right there.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dehry posted:

This made me throw up in my mouth.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Sedge and Bee posted:

The breast situation here is somewhat perplexing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dehry posted:

I would say screenshot this for posterity because it's going to be deleted soon after everyone in this thread with a twitter account reported it, but I think we're all better with it not being here.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I mean one of those things is objectively false. Koenigsegg was founded in the 90s.

Although I guess they say "have" rather than "had," so by that metric, everyone has the best music and fastest cars.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

I would say screenshot this for posterity because it's going to be deleted soon after everyone in this thread with a twitter account reported it, but I think we're all better with it not being here.

I missed it. What was it?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rondette posted:

I missed it. What was it?

Neptunia game has a hotspring scene post credits. A bonus poster sold at retail shops has less steam than the final image and the guy went off on Sony.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Already deleted

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

i would be better off not having had to read all these dumbass takes about it

This should be the permanent thread title honestly.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

She's linking to an article from last year and including the headline in her tweet

It was better when it seemed to just be someone taking the piss out of how the government will blame a dead guy for not playing ball rather than look in the mirror.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Y

Sedge and Bee posted:

Ah missed that. It was posted unironically in an anti-vaxx group I follow. I do this because I hate myself and enjoy feeling anger and contempt.

This is literally how you desensitize yourself and eventually gain acceptance of something, so be careful.

Seriously look at the alt-right. Lots of those dudes are the same people who associated with things that were ‘ironically’ racist it necessarily because they believed it or agreed with it but because it had some element of humor or whatever, and now they literally are racists.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Dec 21, 2018

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

I mean one of those things is objectively false. Koenigsegg was founded in the 90s.

Although I guess they say "have" rather than "had," so by that metric, everyone has the best music and fastest cars.

More than anything else, what facebook excels at is making every run of the mill, boring person feel like they have something to feel unique about. Whether it be birth period, lame loving job, hair color, etc

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

wow. i didnt realize i could go from super hungover and tired to wide awake and incredibly angry that fast.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

wow. i didnt realize i could go from super hungover and tired to wide awake and incredibly angry that fast.

Because of your av and name, I am picturing literal Kermit saying this, and it has improved my life. Thank you.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
miss piggy just traced your IP address and is on her way over with an axe for making light of our pain you monster.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/AdamantAnarchy/status/1075809467239849984

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
The guy doing the Go Fund Me for the wall has a history. Here's some comments I found on a Facebook community.

quote:

Oh, this d-bag again (before I begin, I am a combat disabled veteran of the Iraq War).

He's a severely brain-damaged right-wing nutjob who had a very brief brush with fame, when he posted some idiotic Open Letter to Obama, which was basically a pout that Obama's statements on Iraq really hurt his feelings, since he was truly deluded that he lost his limbs searching for WMDs in Iraq in service to God, Dick Cheney, and NASCAR. And that awful Obummer was taking away the meaning behind his sacrifice by correctly saying the Iraq War was bullshit.

He was a right-wing media darling for about five minutes. Why didn't his fame last? Yeah, he couldn't filter why he actually didn't like Obama.

I'll let you figure out why the right-wing media pulled the "I don't know her," on an angry, brain-damaged redneck as soon as his social media postings came to light.

From October, sorry about linking to Breitbart: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/19/triple-amputee-veteran-brian-kolfage-vows-to-haul-facebooks-mark-zuckerberg-into-court/

quote:

Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage is vowing to fight Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg — all the way up to Supreme Court if necessary — if the social media giant does not reinstate his Facebook pages, which Facebook deleted without warning or explanation.

“I’m going to take the fight to Facebook. No one has ever done it. You can tell the rage I have over this whole thing,” Kolfage said in an interview with Breitbart News Daily Sirius XM host and Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow on Friday.

“We are not going to stop until Facebook is held accountable on this for everybody. This is not about me. This is about free speech and this is about what they are doing to Americans,” he said.

Kolfage, who lost three limbs fighting in the Iraq War in 2004, was the administrator of the widely-read conservative Right Wing News page on Facebook, which had more than three million followers. He also founded a coffee company, Military Grade Coffee, which had more than 200,000 customers and is how he makes a living for his family.

But earlier this month, Facebook deleted both pages, without warning and without explanation. When Facebook rolled out new rules nine months ago, Kolfage contacted Facebook to make sure his pages were in compliance.

After months of emailing, he finally had a scheduled appointment with a Facebook executive on October 3, 2018. However, after he raised more than $600,000 in support of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Facebook canceled the meeting and deleted both of his pages. To add insult to injury, Kolfage had over the years dropped more than $300,000 in advertising on his pages.

Kolfage said before Kavanaugh, there was never any problem with his page.

“I’m being punished for my beliefs — I truly believe it,” Kolfage. “It’s truly about who we are and our beliefs…right before the elections — it couldn’t be more blatant what’s going on.”

“We need to come together and Zuckerberg needs to get hauled into court,” he said. “We’re going to take him all the way to Supreme Court if we have to. We’re going to fight for the American people and we’re going to fight for everyone who’s been screwed over by them.”

Although Kolfage is a veteran and a triple amputee, he said his fight is about his freedom of speech and conservative censorship.

“This isn’t about me. This is about free speech,” he said. “Everyone should be rallying around this. Everyone should be pissed off about this. Regardless of my politics, they came after my primary source of income because of my politics, and that’s what’s wrong. And that’s why everyone should be rallying around me.”

However, the irony that he fought and sacrificed for American rights and values such as freedom of speech and is now being denied those same rights does not escape him.

“I can’t let my sacrifice just fall by the wayside. I can’t let it fall by the wayside for my family, the people I love, the country I love. I’ve given way too much, way too much,” he said.

As a triple amputee, he says life is just getting harder and harder. He said as his young children grow up, he is discovering there is more that he cannot do with them, such as playing soccer.

“They just started playing soccer. I can’t kick the drat soccer ball with them and help them learn how to play soccer,” he said. And now, he said, Facebook is kicking him down.

“I”m seeing that I can’t do stuff with my kids…and then Facebook over here and these tech companies are just kicking me,” he said.

He also notes that his friends in the liberal and mainstream media outlets are refusing to cover his plight or not answering his emails.

“It shows where the line in the sand is drawn. I know who’s contacted me and who hasn’t contacted me,” he said. “I have friends at CNN — I contacted them. They won’t even email me back over it. And it’s bullcrap.”

Kolfage has started a page at https://www.fight4freespeech.com. “I really need people to go to this website and sign up and support me,” he said.

“I’m not going to stop. I’m going to see this one through and kick a field goal, and you’re going to see Zuckerberg’s little skinny butt in court.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/founder-viral-fundraiser-trump-s-border-wall-has-fake-news-n950636

quote:

The fundraising page doesn’t mention Kolfage’s most recent business venture, a Facebook page titled Right Wing News and a ring of affiliate sites that frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories. In October, Right Wing News was pulled down by Facebook in a sweep of more than 559 pages that the company said were “using fake accounts… to drive traffic to their websites” or “were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”

Days after the pulldown, Kolfage created a group called Fight4FreeSpeech, which accepts donations, and is also not referenced in the GoFundMe.

Kolfage told NBC News he didn’t want to mention Right Wing News or Fight4FreeSpeech because he “didn’t want it to be a distraction.”

“I don’t wanna mix the two. That shouldn’t be the focus. My personal issues have nothing to do with building the wall,” he said.

Recommended

Mattis' resignation triggers bipartisan chorus of concern on Capitol Hill

House passes stopgap funding bill with $5 billion for Trump's border wall, at odds with Senate
Kolfage also ran Right Wing News’ shuttered affiliate sites including VeteranAF and FreedomDaily, which pushed false conspiracy theories, like ones claiming Hillary Clinton was secretly hiding deadly illnesses and fake voter fraud stories days before the 2016 election.

Those sites stopped operating in March, replaced with a string of text that said “This Website Has Gone Out of Business.”

The shuttering of Kolfage’s sites came a month after Michigan man Joel Vangheluwe sued FreedomDaily and other right wing sites for misidentifying him as the driver of the car that plowed into a group of peaceful protestors at a 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. The FreedomDaily article relied on the image board 4chan as its major source, according to a letter provided to the court by the contributor named in the suit. Kolfage was not listed as a defendant.

The sites often trafficked in false, inflammatory and racist content, including headlines like “Obnoxious Black People Lose Their Minds When Victoria Secret Models Say This 1 Word On Live Video” and “Trump Just Released Embarrassing Vids Of Obama’s Muslim Friends That He Never Wanted Seen.”

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

It always blows my mind that the same people who adamantly defend the system that allows large corporations to poo poo all over us get their underwear in a wad when they find out that "freedom of speech" doesn't apply the the media platforms that those large corporations privately own.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

This is awesome. :colbert:

*clap clap clapclapclap* :haw:

Content:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...all-latest-live

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah have you ever thought about biographies? Or autobiographies? Bionics?

Makes you think.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Katt posted:

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1073854273098784768

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/976131108898246657

Corbyn is an anti-semite but nazi pug man who makes videos for Tommy Robinson and campaigns with literal nazis (swastika wearing ones) is fine. :thunk:

I know this is from pages back but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one. Rachel is a pretty outspoken about being jewish and very much anti-nazi.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Mushika posted:

It always blows my mind that the same people who adamantly defend the system that allows large corporations to poo poo all over us get their underwear in a wad when they find out that "freedom of speech" doesn't apply the the media platforms that those large corporations privately own.

It's because most people are as majestically dumb as a scared deer and behave as such.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The biggest most famous border wall in history didn't loving work

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

zoux posted:

The biggest most famous border wall in history didn't loving work

Try to tell that to chuds today; they're holding up the Great Wall as evidence that you can totally build a border wall in the mountains, it's not hard at all.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm particularly fond of "It's like the wheel, there's nothing better" from a guy who travels everywhere on Air Force One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I'm particularly fond of "It's like the wheel, there's nothing better" from a guy who travels everywhere on Air Force One

...WHICH HAS LANDING GEAR, CHECKMATE, LIBTARD