Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They didn't get Hirscher, they won't get a much faster plane

https://zippy.gfycat.com/KindheartedBlankCougar.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

learnincurve posted:

Major U.K. airport has been shut down because someone with drones has worked out how to bypass the jammers and avoid the helicopters and snipers. Military has been called in, only flaw in this plan is that the drones only show up when the runways are reopened.

Merry Christmas from broken Britain!

Crawley loving sucks. I'm basing this on having been to their football ground once.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Major U.K. airport has been shut down because someone with drones has worked out how to bypass the jammers and avoid the helicopters and snipers. Military has been called in, only flaw in this plan is that the drones only show up when the runways are reopened.

Jamming only works on frequency iirc,not difficult to work around

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Crawley loving sucks. I'm basing this on having been to their football ground once.

It's a good basis

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Drone wars update, they just taxied an easyJet down the runway as bait.

The jamming thing is notable because drones will turn round and go home or crash if they are jammed and these ones are not doing so.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

learnincurve posted:

This and hard Brexit is giving me great joy.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sabotage drones piloted by the bureaucrats in Brussels

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Putin wants you to think its Brussels. :tinfoil:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
England is a hellhole and should be banned from Grand Prix racing imo.

#ForzaFerrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

England is a hellhole and should be banned from Grand Prix racing imo.

#ForzaFerrari

Literally the only chance of Ferrari winning a World Championship and even then Sauber would manage it or something

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsaedje posted:

Literally the only chance of Ferrari winning a World Championship and even then Sauber would manage it or something

??

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Brawn batting 1000 :smug:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It still blows my mind that on paper Williams is still the second most successful constructor, despite Ferrari having a 25 year head start.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

Drone wars update, they just taxied an easyJet down the runway as bait.

The jamming thing is notable because drones will turn round and go home or crash if they are jammed and these ones are not doing so.

I'm genuinely surprised that it has taken so long for something like this to happen with drones.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Carth Dookie posted:

It still blows my mind that on paper Williams is still the second most successful constructor, despite Ferrari having a 25 year head start.

It's because they cheated like every other bad british fail team. #ForzaFerrari

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

track day bro! posted:

:hmmyes:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Apparently you just can’t argue with bad teeth and boiled horsemeat

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

You're aware that's the past right? And the past is different to the future?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Past performance dictates future performance

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The last years Austrian and Germans have dominated formula 1 while the plucky lads from Maranello are fighting against the racism from the Fia. British teams are very bad and soon enough all of them will be bought by russian petro dollars or arabian blood money. Very sad!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

The last years Austrian and Germans have dominated formula 1 while the plucky lads from Maranello are fighting against the racism from the Fia. British teams are very bad and soon enough all of them will be bought by russian petro dollars or arabian blood money. Very sad!

The last ten seasons have either been won by the team from Brackley or the team from Milton Keynes which I think are located in the UK? I could be wrong though.

Also Ferrari is literally bankrolled by Big Tobacco, there isn't much moral high ground to be had in the whole sport

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Everyone in F1 is evil except Sharl

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

The last ten seasons have either been won by the team from Brackley or the team from Milton Keynes which I think are located in the UK? I could be wrong though.

Also Ferrari is literally bankrolled by Big Tobacco, there isn't much moral high ground to be had in the whole sport

So what your telling me is the last few seasons have been won by massive british cheaters? Makes sense to me! #ForzaFerrari

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It’s amazing how the British like to claim that strong Austrian successes are down to themselves lol. I wonder how great the Brackley team would’ve been if it was backed by the last great British manufacturer Rover who collapsed from mismanagement and fraud the second Germans stopped managing it and British people took over.

And of course let’s remember the rich successes of Milton Keynes when it was owned by Jaguar, really the definition of success right there.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Those were Americans.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The British are pathetic people who think that mercedes and red bull are from their hell hole land while their teams Williams and McLaren fight for the title of saddest team on the grid.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Germany is really pretty.

England is a rainy pisshole.

:thunk:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Minto Took posted:

Germany is really pretty.

England is a rainy pisshole.

Rover owned by BMW: consistent development of new models, third best selling make in UK, bright future for Longbridge.

Rover owned by British businessmen: requires massive cash injections to avoid bankruptcy, sells 10 year old rebadged Honda accords, high amounts of financial irregularities and embezzlement from high level executives. Longbridge shutdown and Birmingham now controlled by ISIS.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Friendly reminder that British Leyland was not only the high watermark in automotive design and manufacture that has yet to be matched by our former colonies and/or sworn mortal enemies (ze Germans) but also a triumph of worker's rights.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Drone wars update!

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1076167267438784512

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Just a reminder that a random archipelago with zero non-whale natural resources continues to dominate everyone at building cars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Just a reminder that a random archipelago with zero non-whale natural resources continues to dominate everyone at building cars.

Italy is a peninsula.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Japanese really are terrific people who are extremely smart and industrious. They hosed up introducing the cancer of Anime onto the world but I think we should all forgive them for that and admire their better traits.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Remind me about Honda's F1 endeavours in *in extremely David Croft voice* the turbo hybrid era.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Remind me about Honda's F1 endeavours in *in extremely David Croft voice* the turbo hybrid era.

So good that even the subhuman scum commonly known as Dutch people have a chance of winning the championship. That’s incredibly impressive.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Worth noting that the British team was so bad that even Honda couldn’t make them competitive. Quite damning for the British if you ask me.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

Worth noting that the British team was so bad that even Honda couldn’t make them competitive. Quite damning for the British if you ask me.

And then as soon as Honda left Brawn GP won both championships

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

And then as soon as Honda left Brawn GP won both championships

So what you’re saying is that the British cheated and won illegitimately off all the hard work those Japanese engineers put in to get a British based team to the point where it could win? Extremely disgusting and damning of the British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Except for it was Brawn bolting a Mercades engine in the car at the last second and cutting holes in it so it would fit that made the car work so well.