Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol in the wrangler I rented I had to lower the window to get a parking ticket and it took me 5 minutes to find the window controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

Lol in the wrangler I rented I had to lower the window to get a parking ticket and it took me 5 minutes to find the window controls.

Are you sure you're not just [REDACTED]? Window controls are in one of three places that I've seen: On the door (most modern cars), on the center console (most older European cars it seems) or on the console in the middle (Wranglers, Minis, PT Cruisers, possibly some Italian cars). That's like, it. Three potential locations.

Personally I like them in the center by the shifter 'cause my left hand is my steering hand. That way I don't have to worry about taking my hand off of the steering wheel to lower the window, or lower the window partially only to come back to it after a few seconds.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 20, 2018

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BloodBag posted:

Instead of nitpicking fairly conservative GM cars, can we please talk about how heinous the Honda Clarity is?

[Toyota] makes prius as ugly as sin
[Honda] hold my beer

Pictures don't really do the ugliness on this thing justice. It's an absolute mess and one of the cars I give a disgusted look to in hopes that the owner will see me. You deserve it for assaulting my eyes by taking it out of your garage and not setting it on fire.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

euphronius posted:

I was about to say it makes sense because you can take the doors off, but if the doors are off it follows that you do not need to lower the windows.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

CornHolio posted:

Are you sure you're not just retarded?

FFS what is it with people being dicks in this thread. I’ve been in one car in my entire life that had the window controls in the center console. If you can’t see how someone might take a few minutes to find controls in a non standard place in an unfamiliar vehicle, and instead default to question if someone is retarded, then I don’t know what to say.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

skipdogg posted:

FFS what is it with people being dicks in this thread. I’ve been in one car in my entire life that had the window controls in the center console. If you can’t see how someone might take a few minutes to find controls in a non standard place in an unfamiliar vehicle, and instead default to question if someone is retarded, then I don’t know what to say.

I was being facetious, I didn't mean to actually imply that his mental capacity is subpar or that he has a learning disability.

I've sat in a Wrangler and operated its windows. I don't see how somebody can drive one, look for them someplace they're used to, and not go "oh, they're over here instead, huh how about that immediately" and move on with their life. Especially in a modern car where everything is pretty cleanly labelled. They're not exactly hidden or poorly labelled.

I'll make fun of Wranglers for plenty of things and I'd never own one but come on, that's a bit of a stretch.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
If the window controls are anywhere other than on the door or the door armrest the designers need to be punched in the nuts.

Laughing at someone who can't find them is such a retarded location is also punch in the nuts worthy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dont alert da mods but using the word retarded can get you probed now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For reference

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

For reference

That's the previous generation but I mean, they're right there. Surely you touched the radio and were like, huh, I wonder what these buttons with an image of a rolled down window are for!

I apologize for calling you [redacted] and I'm sure it didn't take five minutes to locate them, but even like twenty seconds would boggle my mind. It isn't like they moved the turn signals off of the stalk. Back in my day a buddy had a nineties Regal and the button to open the trunk was inside the glove box. That took about thirty seconds to find (and then we made sure to press it while he was driving because we were stupid and in high school)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It was always fun when I was a tire guy to give the new kid the keys to a Saab or a Porsche and see how long it took them to start it
I also look forward to trapping people in my E21, since the door handle is inside/under the armrest and you basically squeeze the upright part to open the door

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

euphronius posted:

For reference

I like annoy my jeep friends by saying that the Wrangler is just like a PT Cruiser because of where the window switches are.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fknlo posted:

Pictures don't really do the ugliness on this thing justice. It's an absolute mess and one of the cars I give a disgusted look to in hopes that the owner will see me. You deserve it for assaulting my eyes by taking it out of your garage and not setting it on fire.

It looks as bad as every other new Honda

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

0toShifty posted:

I like annoy my jeep friends by saying that the Wrangler is just like a PT Cruiser because of where the window switches are.

They're also both from Chrysler and 2WD Sport Utility Vehicles according to the EPA.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

They're also both from Chrysler and 2WD Sport Utility Vehicles according to the EPA.

2wd is accurate for most drivers

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

CornHolio posted:

I was being facetious, I didn't mean to actually imply that his mental capacity is subpar or that he has a learning disability.

I've sat in a Wrangler and operated its windows. I don't see how somebody can drive one, look for them someplace they're used to, and not go "oh, they're over here instead, huh how about that immediately" and move on with their life. Especially in a modern car where everything is pretty cleanly labelled. They're not exactly hidden or poorly labelled.

I'll make fun of Wranglers for plenty of things and I'd never own one but come on, that's a bit of a stretch.

Sorry man, I was having a lovely morning. You're good people CH I knew you didn't mean it like that.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

skipdogg posted:

Sorry man, I was having a lovely morning. You're good people CH I knew you didn't mean it like that.

I've had a lovely week, man, and I've been in a testy mood. it's all good :glomp:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's dryly amusing that "X is the Cadillac of Y" is so common a phrase when Cadillac hasn't been the Cadillac for so long.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
"He meant it was the Lexus, but he didn't know it."

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It looks as bad as every other new Honda

And yet the Fit is not on any dealer lot and the used ones are a whole $5 off of their brand new price at 2 years old and 37k miles. I get that the Honda tax is a thing, but really the new one is ugly as poo poo too. I miss the 6th gen civics and accords. They all looked like S2000's in a way. Now they all look like a rolling prolapse.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Bring back the Prelude

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Bring back the Prelude

Hard agree though current Honda design would utterly ruin anything good about it. Look how simple and cool it used to be.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Every time I want to sell my NA miata, I'm reminded that pop up headlights are good and cool. I want to paint my car Marina Bay Blue metallic just because I like it. Merlot Mica is alright, but honestly I prefer blue and this harbor freight spray gun needs something to do.

Anyone want to buy a merlot mica hardtop?

E: just look at it :allears:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BloodBag posted:

Every time I want to sell my NA miata, I'm reminded that pop up headlights are good and cool. I want to paint my car Marina Bay Blue metallic just because I like it. Merlot Mica is alright, but honestly I prefer blue and this harbor freight spray gun needs something to do.

Anyone want to buy a merlot mica hardtop?

Your Miata is a 95M? If so sell it to a fanboi and buy two blue Miatas.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm trying to imagine a modern Prelude with modern 4ws and its either awful or incredible

Do it Honda

Something Offal
Jan 12, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

PT6A posted:

Granted I work in Cessna 172s for six hours a day so my standards for what constitutes a good interior are pretty low at this point.

I'm learning in a C 152 so I totally get what you mean. It makes me appreciate nice interior spaces more, man.

Previa_fun posted:

One time she was shitfaced and threw up in her purse and threw it into the back seat where it baked in the sun for two days.

Car ruled.

Did people miss this? wtf?

skipdogg posted:

FWIW I thought the r-word joke was pretty darn funny.

Something Offal fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 21, 2018

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Buicks and Cadillacs will only ever be old people cars and GM should kill both brands

and GMC

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
If we're armchair auto exec-ing: kill Chevrolet, move Buick more upmarket, move Cadillac to 100k plus and make GMC only sell trucks.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
In other words only sell trucks in the USA?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NumbersMatching320 posted:

It was always fun when I was a tire guy to give the new kid the keys to a Saab or a Porsche and see how long it took them to start it
I also look forward to trapping people in my E21, since the door handle is inside/under the armrest and you basically squeeze the upright part to open the door

The best part with the p car is its twice as shameful cause its staring them right in the face with the door open as they get in but difficult to see once they've gotten in and closed the door, gotem

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TheWevel posted:

If we're armchair auto exec-ing: kill Chevrolet, move Buick more upmarket, move Cadillac to 100k plus and make GMC only sell trucks.

gently caress Chevy, marry Cadillac, kill Buick

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I'm trying to imagine a modern Prelude with modern 4ws and its either awful or incredible

Do it Honda

It will be FWD, optional hybrid, CVT only, 4 doors, oh and also a crossover. Enjoy.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

opengl128 posted:

It will be FWD, optional hybrid, CVT only, 4 doors, oh and also a crossover. Enjoy.

The ol' Mitsubishi treatment I see

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

opengl128 posted:

Prelude X Cross Crosstour AllWeather

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

opengl128 posted:

Hahahahahha remember the CR-Z?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hahahahahha remember the CR-Z?

You could buy the CRZ in 2016. That blows my loving mind.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
Ford should make a mustang-based Ranchero. Give it a bed strong enough to haul a motorcycle or a bunch of camping gear, long enough to camp in, optional AWD and 2” lift. I’d buy it.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I see the Australians are posting at the moment.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

Ford should make a mustang-based Ranchero. Give it a bed strong enough to haul a motorcycle or a bunch of camping gear, long enough to camp in, optional AWD and 2” lift. I’d buy it.

Uh this is why the make the King Ranch edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I would definitely buy a new style el Camino