Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Be nice if they did some kind of Defenders S2, 6 episodes to just wrap up loose ends from each series and then a finale where they team up against Kingpin or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, there's almost certainly a penalty clause that would let them break the moratorium in exchange for giving Netflix a big wheelbarrow of money. And, like, it's Disney, they've got a fleet of wheelbarrows.

They just don't have a reason to do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuringa posted:

They just don't have a reason to do it.

Yeah I don't see it happening. The lusture has faded and the shows don't break the Netflix servers when the new seasons drop anymore.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The only way I could see it happening is if they got some perfect casting of a big-name actor for one of those heroes to stir up a lot of interest, and I can't imagine who would even fit the part. Maybe if Ben Affleck wanted to get back into the Daredevil suit?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
They have an entire universe to pick from instead of 4 poisoned wells.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
They really should do everything they can to keep Daredevil going in some form. There isn't another Marvel hero with such a rich history of stories that could be readily adapted to TV or film, especially on a relatively low budget. And the only other character that fills a similar big city crime/noir niche (Spider-Man doesn't count) is the Punisher.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

They really should do everything they can to keep Daredevil going in some form. There isn't another Marvel hero with such a rich history of stories that could be readily adapted to TV or film, especially on a relatively low budget. And the only other character that fills a similar big city crime/noir niche (Spider-Man doesn't count) is the Punisher.

Moon Knight

Also, they could pick any street level hero then pull an Arrow and steal ruthlessly from Daredevil's history.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

Moon Knight

Also, they could pick any street level hero then pull an Arrow and steal ruthlessly from Daredevil's history.

Rocket Racer, but he's blind now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Medullah posted:

Rocket Racer, but he's blind now.

Very, very few Daredevil stories have anything to do with him being blind

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She-Hulk but with ninjas. Also she makes out with Titania due to backstory stuff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Super okay with gay she hulk

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

She-Hulk but with ninjas. Also she makes out with Titania due to backstory stuff.

Sorry but I cannot abide a story that features Titania without Absorbing Man as they are somehow one of the most stable relationships in all of Marvel and are adorable.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

SyFy put the Deadly Class pilot up on their website. I assume this is a "available in the US only" situation but ymmv.

https://www.syfy.com/deadlyclass/videos/101-pilot

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

RevKrule posted:

SyFy put the Deadly Class pilot up on their website. I assume this is a "available in the US only" situation but ymmv.

https://www.syfy.com/deadlyclass/videos/101-pilot

Also on YouTube, though it's probably also locked by IP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcyUTb9PqlA

I haven't finished it yet, but the action in the first 10 minutes strikes me as really bad, which is not a great sign for a show with this premise.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Runaways season 2 is up on Hulu. Here's hoping they took feedback on more than just "Don't do one episode at a time"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1076149974696685568

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd completely forgotten they'd recast the Chief! Dalton fuckin rules.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow Brendan Fraser is not looking good these days

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to compare TV Cyborg to Justice League Cyborg.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Matthew Bommer is too goddamned handsome.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

site posted:

Wow Brendan Fraser is not looking good these days

I was going to make some sort of comment about that in my post but he has been through some rough times

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah dude's had a bad decade and he's 50. Let him do him .

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Lots of love for brendan fraser,he’s always seemed like a super nice guy,doesn’t deserve all the poo poo he’s been through.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What happened

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

site posted:

What happened

He fell off the radar then it came to light he’d been sexually assaulted by a producer(?) at a party and his career has suffered because he refused to back down,also health issues and massive money owed to child bills have really hurt him.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

site posted:

What happened

Claim he was sexually assaulted, divorce and depression.

He contends that calling out Berk for assault led to him being informally black-listed.

No idea if the assault claim is true or not, but honestly after all the #metoo, Kevin Spacey, and Terry Crews news, I'd lean toward believing him.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

He fell off the radar then it came to light he’d been sexually assaulted by a producer(?) at a party and his career has suffered because he refused to back down,also health issues and massive money owed to child bills have really hurt him.

The producer was someone he sued for unpaid wages. The producer counter sued saying Brendan assaulted him.

It was the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press that allegedly committed the sexual assault.

quote:

In a new interview with GQ magazine, the "Mummy" actor claimed that former Hollywood Foreign Press president Philip Berk groped him at an HFPA luncheon at the Beverly Hills Hotel in 2003.
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/brendan-fraser-metoo-story/story?id=53289449

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 21, 2018

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Apparently his back’s hosed because of wire-work on the mummy movies as well :/

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
People don't realize how much wire work can gently caress you up. That sucks to hear. :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Aw jeeze okay well in that case I'm glad he's out here getting work again

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Matthew Bommer is too goddamned handsome.

Yeah and his face is going to be covered SO WE'LL FINALLY STOP OBJECTIFYING HIM AND TAKE HIM SERIOUS AS AN ACTOR!!!!!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And no one cares about wire work anymore. Remember that short period when films were boasting about having the wire work team from some HK actioner?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Davros1 posted:

And no one cares about wire work anymore. Remember that short period when films were boasting about having the wire work team from some HK actioner?

during the matrix craze,thank gently caress that poo poo ended,every single action scene having lovely wire fu really ruined alot of action movies for about 8 years.
Carrie anne moss hosed up her leg during the first matrix movie but didn't tell anyone for weeks because she thought she'd get replaced.
I think it was the lobby scene where she runs across a wall,she landed badly or something.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Little teaser too

https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1076168245588254721

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
...I swear that I didn't come into life wanting to say this phrase all the time, but...why is Cyborg even here?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BrianWilly posted:

...I swear that I didn't come into life wanting to say this phrase all the time, but...why is Cyborg even here?

I don't know, he seems kind of redundant with Robotman.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BrianWilly posted:

Because the Titans show got Beast Boy, probably.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Brendan Fraser was on the show Condor this year and he was loving awesome. I always love seeing him show up in stuff.

Also I really enjoyed the pilot for Deadly Class. Definitely going to keep wactching. Any show that casts Henry Rolllins as a Professor of Poison is OK in my book.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Yeah, I enjoyed Deadly Class. I've read a lot of it, and it seemed like a really straight adaptation.

It also seems very "YA fiction"-esque, so I look forward to Harry Potter fans trying to get into it and being repulsed by the violence.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So live action Conner Kent and Krypto is happening in Titans. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
How many episodes of titans are left?