Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Not that I felt any danger about the narrative and blame for the shutdown, but it is nice to see Republicans shutting it down to gently caress up the spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

basicaly he looked the other way with the haditha massacare when all the law enforcement types in the military said it was a massacre because he didn't want to damage the marines. plus the battles at fallujah wernt know for following ROE. so i wouldnt put him in "he ordered war crimes directly" but more looked the other way when they did happen and cared about his mens lives then civilians. i am not defending him by the way.

The ROE was followed in Fallujah. I know people who were there. The ROE was “we warned them to get the gently caress out so if they’re there kill them.”

Morally questionable? Wrong? Yes, probably. Illegal? No.

Also find me a soldier or marine anywhere who gives more of a gently caress about any life than another soldier or marine.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Browsing random stuff for this on Twitter and seeing folks demanding RNC withhold campaign funds from Flake and Corker over this lol

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

Browsing random stuff for this on Twitter and seeing folks demanding RNC withhold campaign funds from Flake and Corker over this lol

....wow. And you thought we all knew how stupid they are, they go and get stupider.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I know we don't care much for NeverTrumpers 'round these parts, but Flakencorker's votes are still useful ammunition against this being called a "Democrat shutdown". Especially since Trump is likely unable to keep quiet about dissenting Republican votes for the sake of his messaging.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Groovelord Neato posted:

pretty much every postwar president would've been tried (and easily convicted) in the hague if international law had teeth.

Isn't the US not a signatory to the international war crimes tribunal precisely because we don't want our generals tried there because ARE SOVEREIGNTY ?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have also heard Dems killed the Green New Deal or are trying to. lol

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is there a live vote count anywhere? The Senate live stream is just bare video.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The ROE was followed in Fallujah. I know people who were there. The ROE was “we warned them to get the gently caress out so if they’re there kill them.”

Also find me a soldier or marine anywhere who gives more of a gently caress about any life than another soldier or marine.

it probaly is illegal but that poo poo kinda goes out the window from a soldiers mind when the bullets are flying everywhere. its loving horrible but its war in general. the haditha massacare cover up poo poo though is inexcusable

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Now, this folks, is how you win hearts and minds!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gatts posted:

not really. they put a meh senator as the head who got some money from exxon at some poin in the last 12 years and they want a broader approach then just the green deal. if they competently kill it then gently caress em but it seems more of scary headline.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Do you think Trump himself knows Flake and Corker are retiring?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arrgytehpirate posted:

that...is not legal, no. Like, you can't just make your own rules and say 'actually we followed the rules'.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gatts posted:

pretty much, Pelosi still sucks

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Arrgytehpirate posted:

no question on that one, the war crime bit is the bit where the ROE "there is no such thing as a bad kill, in this inhabited metropolitan area" goes out.

this invites comment and cries of Something Must Be Done when the blood-gargling psychopath who orders it has a different flag on his uniform, for some reason.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hand Row posted:

Not that I felt any danger about the narrative and blame for the shutdown, but it is nice to see Republicans shutting it down to gently caress up the spin.

It's a perfect capstone to Republican congressional rule: so goddam incompetent they can't even keep the government switched on

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Vote currently to proceed

Yes 37
No 42

marshmonkey posted:

Is there a live vote count anywhere? The Senate live stream is just bare video.

Just heard Manchin voted no on the stream, so current count according to CSPAN feed:
Yes 33
No 43

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

sexpig by night posted:

then stop playing this stupid 'well he was the least bad nazi at least' game! No one gives a gently caress! He should be loving hanged with the rest of them and it doesn't matter who was the least horrific war criminal!

You're an absolute moron if you can't confound that Mattis, despite all his warts, was delaying or preventing some of Trump's stupidest impulses. It's going to become a lot more apparent in the next six months.

But go on, continue patting yourself on the back for your edgelord posting.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. all of the german command was terrible. hell even the dudes trying to kill hitler on the 20th were just pissed off right wingers/monarchists that were pissed that hitler was losing the war and wanted to team up with the allies against the soviets. rommel got a pass from people because west germany needed some military hero that wasn't a outright baby eater and he was the closest they could find.

Claus von Stauffenberg (the one they made the movie about staring Tom Cruise) was cool and good with German expansionism and enslaving the Poles.

quote:

Stauffenberg said, "It is essential that we begin a systemic colonization in Poland. But I have no fear that this will not occur".[14]

As with all the other plotters, they really only turned on Hitler when the Germans began losing the war. They were not good people.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

tomapot posted:

Just heard Manchin voted no on the stream, so current count is:
Yes 37
No 43

did we win?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Claus von Stauffenberg (the one they made the movie about staring Tom Cruise) was cool and good with German expansionism and enslaving the Poles.

As with all the other plotters, they really only turned on Hitler when the Germans began losing the war. They were not good people.

thats what i said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Scholl

she is good though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Handsome Ralph posted:

You're an absolute moron if you can't confound that Mattis, despite all his warts, was delaying or preventing some of Trump's stupidest impulses. It's going to become a lot more apparent in the next six months.

again the literal one 'proof' of this was a completely unverified story about how Trump was sooooo gonna have Assad killed but then good ol reasonable Mad Dog told him no no let's just help blow up a few hospitals and poo poo.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

then stop playing this stupid 'well he was the least bad nazi at least' game! No one gives a gently caress! He should be loving hanged with the rest of them and it doesn't matter who was the least horrific war criminal!

Nobody is playing that game except in your head

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Oh yea sorry I wasn't arguing against you, just adding to what you said. I should have been more clear.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

trumps live on CNN. he is bragging about the house vote.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

Nobody is playing that game except in your head

the conversation was literally 'liberals are lionizing Mattis' 'I resent that no we aren't I just think he was the least bad nazi' 'that doesn't matter' 'it does'.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

The only good ww2-era German . . . is a dead German?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

drat what a great defense, the Nazis could have used you as counsel at Nuremburg!

"Were they really people, not to any true brother-loving nation-honoring Wehrmacht they weren't, defense rests"

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Dapper_Swindler posted:

trumps live on CNN. he is bragging about the house vote.

Is he going to throw another kegger in the Rose Garden?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

the guy characterizing a couple of massacres as "warts" accuses someone else of being an edgelord

loving lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Oh yea sorry I wasn't arguing against you, just adding to what you said. I should have been more clear.

its fine. like yeah, i think they should be respected for trying to kill the fucker but they wern't doing it "for freedom" or whatever.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Xombie posted:

Is he going to throw another kegger in the Rose Garden?

he is talking about the shutdown now and how its probable and how thats fine because hur dur dumbshit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

the conversation was literally 'liberals are lionizing Mattis' 'I resent that no we aren't I just think he was the least bad nazi' 'that doesn't matter' 'it does'.

It wasn't and it still isn't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the guy characterizing a couple of massacres as "warts" accuses someone else of being an edgelord

loving lol

whomst among us hasn't ordered people to go block by block gunning down anyone that moves

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is talking about the shutdown now and how its probable and how thats fine because hur dur dumbshit.

Gonna watch this simultaneously with the CSPAN feed so I can see if they let him know live if it fails to even proceed.

edit: Lol, "IT'S REALLY THE DEMOCRATS' SHUTDOWN"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xombie posted:

Gonna watch this simultaneously with the CSPAN feed so I can see if they let him know live if it fails to even proceed.

I think this is old from earlier before the vote

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm seeing mixed reports on whether Corker actually voted No or is "non-committal" but saying a lot of words about how the mighty have fallen and whatnot. Doesn't look great for them either way I suppose.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Trump fans are distracting themselves from how mad they are about it failing by ignoring it and talking about RBG. Or pretending it's actually a good thing.

bobjr posted:

Do you think Trump himself knows Flake and Corker are retiring?

He made them retire.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Xombie posted:

edit: Lol, "IT'S REALLY THE DEMOCRATS' SHUTDOWN"

he is just such a loving child, repeating the same poo poo over and over again like a loving lucky rabbits foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

loving lol

It's a figure of speech, you loving moron.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)