Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Entorwellian posted:

I really hope that family is reported to CPS.

I didn't know Amazon had a corporate protective service.

yes i did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Plank Walker posted:

influencers are the same thing as product placement in movies/tv, just without the movie/tv part

did people get mad when seinfeld did a whole episode about junior mints? (e. they probably should have)

You don't venture into tviv much do you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

"My name is Brian Kolfage, I have a verified blue check facebook page as a public figure and I’m a Purple Heart Recipient triple amputee veteran."

lol

- Gofundme to build the wall (curious interest)
- Picture of trump in front of the wall (perks up)
- Verified blue facebook check (gasping excitedly)
- TRIPLE AMPUTEE VETERAN PURPLE HEART RECIPIENT (jaw drops, falls over)

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Plank Walker posted:

did people get mad when seinfeld did a whole episode about junior mints? (e. they probably should have)

I feel like it has the opposite effect sometimes, where the product becomes the joke and no one actually wants it. But then I remember schezuan sauce.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

The problem with landmines is that they aren't powerful enough

lmao, god drat man

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

20 years ago it was controversial that a single time the star trek captain chose to do the bad thing, and it was deliberately written to make you feel uneasy about it.

Which one was this?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Dabir posted:

Which one was this?

Probably either Sisko deploying WMD against civilians --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io
(Perfect title for this discussion)

-- or that episode where Garak and he False Flag the Romulans into war against the Dominion with a plot involving the murder of a Romulan official.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Accretionist posted:

-- or that episode where Garak and he False Flag the Romulans into war against the Dominion with a plot involving the murder of a Romulan official.

What I love is that this happens right after the "the CIA is actually bad" episode

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

wtf

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Accretionist posted:

Yeah I was thinking the false flag one. The show didn't interest me much as a kid, but I saw it as an adult (in a post 9/11 world) and it frankly didn't seem that unusual given the lovely stuff our leaders were doing and how the media landscape had changed. But then reading about it later I found out when the episode aired it was a very divisive one, since it was a clear case of the captain doing a very bad thing, and didn't have any sort of handwave of "Oh it was a bluff" or "Hey he knew something that made it okay!" and folks couldn't recall that ever happening on Star Trek.

Like even that WMD one has "Oh no it's planets where humans aren't the native species, but this weapon just means for 50 years humans can't live here, but it doesn't kill them if they leave and other species can still survive. Also these are specifically planets full of a rogue sect of military personnel waging a guerilla war against the actual natives of the area."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Boner Pill Connoisseur posted:

gently caress yeah Dave Rovics

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Forget branded alphabets in schools.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Paladinus posted:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
y'all really need to watch Forsaken

where the solution to the final conflict of the film is to shoot the boss in the loving head

I'm not even joking it's actually badass and refreshing as hell

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

TheMostFrench posted:

I feel like it has the opposite effect sometimes, where the product becomes the joke and no one actually wants it. But then I remember schezuan sauce.

Yeah nothing about that episode has ever made me want to eat a junior mint.

But then that part in Wayne's World never made me want to use any of those products, either.

Hell, I think the Dana Carvey show was better because of the heavy involvement of advertisers.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

AvesPKS posted:

Yeah nothing about that episode has ever made me want to eat a junior mint.

But then that part in Wayne's World never made me want to use any of those products, either.

Hell, I think the Dana Carvey show was better because of the heavy involvement of advertisers.

I know some people who literally only know what junior mints even are due to Seinfeld so I think that's probably getting their advertising money's worth :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Androbaby, the androgynous baby

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s for literal manbabies.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Truth or Onion getting harder and harder every day.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

i don't like this.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Death to gamers

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

They're really gunning for that 'developmentally stunted gamer' market.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Saw this in another thread, I think it fitrs here
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1076173906455810050

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
What loving isp offers anything for $20?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Piell posted:

$40 for cell phone? $20 for INTERNET SERVICE?! $650 in loving DONATIONS?!?!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah the $615 in donations is what gets me, like a 25 year old isn't sinking that cash right in to the bar

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Also where is this 25 year old six figure earner living where their rent is $825 per month?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It counts as a donation if she's doing it to put herself through med school.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

mycomancy posted:

Also where is this 25 year old six figure earner living where their rent is $825 per month?

Remote worker renting a mansion in Vietnam.

The donations are money laundering.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lmao when i was 25 i made $12.50 an hour teaching 38 kids a time

sometimes i'd get paid and have $40 to make it to the next paycheck after bills and that was in detroit, not a place known for a high cost of living

what 25 year old even makes 100k?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Piell posted:

there's too much bullshit to unpack here, but that ratio :discourse:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

boar guy posted:

what 25 year old even makes 100k?

the rich kind that graduates from princeton

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

where can you live for $825 a month that doesn't require a car

edit: wait, still on his parents' phone plan, has 3 roommates and crashed on his brothers' couch for 2 years while he got his business off the ground

gently caress this article :rolleyes:

boar guy has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Dec 21, 2018

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lmao a house cleaner for even a small place is not 30 dollars for even a single visit. Is that like one visit per year amortized out over 12 months?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

lmao a house cleaner for even a small place is not 30 dollars for even a single visit. Is that like one visit per year amortized out over 12 months?

it's 1/4 of the share of the cost of cleaning the whole house

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

boar guy posted:

it's 1/4 of the share of the cost of cleaning the whole house

Still cheap as poo poo, and definitely either going to do a poo poo job or they're paying someone poor under the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
he's just following the well-known millennial financial rule of one roommate per figgie earned