Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
The reviews are pretty dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Aw man I wanted to reinstall Spelltower but it looks like it's been gone from the Play Store for a while :(

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I recently rediscovered Dungeon Warfare thanks to this thread.

I am absolutely rear end at it. Are there any good builds people gravitate towards? I only just got to the level where I can unlock the bolt launcher.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Montalvo posted:

I am absolutely rear end at it. Are there any good builds people gravitate towards? I only just got to the level where I can unlock the bolt launcher.

I can't remember the name of the level, it's one of the first.... 4, probably. It's bluish, and it has a two-block-wide corridor along the top. My favourite strategy is to force enemies down that, and eventually, as the gold rolls in, put crates in their way so that it causes their path to snake up and down, up and down. And then while they're doing that, put dart traps against the walls. They'll never stand a chance, and you can likely pile on a ton of ruins to get a massive amount of XP, when you go and replay it.

There's an entire maze below the corridor, but I block off the entrance to it near the enemy spawn, and then the next closest entrance to it, and you won't really need anything else.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, some of the earliest levels haven't been so bad, but now that I'm about half way through it's getting quite challenging.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Montalvo posted:

Early on, use the spinning trap and the spike trap. The spinning trap will stall mobs while the spike kills them. For later on, your best bet is environmental deaths using the pusher, spring board and harpoon to toss mobs into pits.

For really really early on, using the darts with the pushback upgrade in conjunction with spikes and slime pits.

Don't forget to use a fully upgraded lightning trap at the entrance of your stuff to AOE off all shields.

I can't wait for the sequel to be release on android, I'm not sure what's taking so long.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kris xK posted:

Early on, use the spinning trap and the spike trap. The spinning trap will stall mobs while the spike kills them. For later on, your best bet is environmental deaths using the pusher, spring board and harpoon to toss mobs into pits.

For really really early on, using the darts with the pushback upgrade in conjunction with spikes and slime pits.

Don't forget to use a fully upgraded lightning trap at the entrance of your stuff to AOE off all shields.

I can't wait for the sequel to be release on android, I'm not sure what's taking so long.

I don't think I've even unlocked the spinning trap yet, let along the lightning trap and the pushback upgrade to the darts. Good to know though, thanks!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
gently caress it I'll replay it on android and tell you what I use.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

For some incomprehensible reason I've actually sunk a lot of time into Empires & Puzzles, like four months of consistent play by now. Anyone else play that?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallgiantgames.empires

Also, when I'm home for Christmas I usually get into mobile games, and I just discovered I own a bunch of Kairosoft games I've completely forgotten about. If I'm gonna sink a few hours into one game the next few days, which one of these should it be?

Dungeon Village
World Cruise Story
Kairobotica
Epic Astro Story

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Black Griffon posted:

For some incomprehensible reason I've actually sunk a lot of time into Empires & Puzzles, like four months of consistent play by now. Anyone else play that?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallgiantgames.empires

I thought Empires & Puzzle existed only in ads I see in other games.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I'm kind of taken with Epic 7, but I have no idea when to stop rolling this selective summon thing. Help.

Paladinus posted:

I thought Empires & Puzzle existed only in ads I see in other games.

Like, same, but it's got unintrusive ads, a simple setup, and as far as I remember, no ads that present it as some kind of mount and blade battle royale tower defense game with total war style campaigns and graphics even though it's a match three game.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nobody bit on my invite earlier to play some deep town with me. If you've been interested, or thought of picking it back up, now is a good time. I've been making xmas presents, and need to give these things away. So if you've got the game installed, these links should send you a present from my stock
https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...918502edb50aacf

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...3e304a2674d9f4b

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...b70a21c53433ee1

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...9419a4e3303ac9e

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...9af036d80f544e3

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...b8f85c3f2170963

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...c6281465898eba1

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...4e8de07aa49a138

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...f7f1d6b855f9e92

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...f4582145cbe2f89

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...ac0f67c59f69962

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...1e638f46385ada4

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...cefe198fec20767

https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.r...912c79880b041d7

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Bloons TD6 is on sale now.

Quite addictive, yet easy, tower defense game.
Used some of my free survey dollars for it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Many of Asmodee's games are 60% off right now. Mostly can't go wrong with these; really good digital version of really good boardgames.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

im gonna take me a nap on some dawg dirt

DemonMage posted:

"Goonsquad", have 2 spots free still. Though there are some non-active people I can kick if we get another wave of people.

just signed up as “lljksips” if you guys have any spots free

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sips posted:

just signed up as “lljksips” if you guys have any spots free

..are you Yogscast Sips?

Edit: Oh hey you are. My wife and I love your stuff man.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 22, 2018

sips
Oct 26, 2004

New Leaf posted:

..are you Yogscast Sips?

Edit: Oh hey you are. My wife and I love your stuff man.

hey thanks! do you guys waste a lot of time playing dumb mobile games like I do?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sips posted:

hey thanks! do you guys waste a lot of time playing dumb mobile games like I do?

Yeah man, we barely talk to each other anymore, just let the TV run in the background and stare at our phones. Please send help.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 22, 2018

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh and there's an E7 goon guild, yeah? Search isn't giving me anything good.
Edit: applied to one as Marchidian. Hopefully the right one??

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 22, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Are there any good offline RPGs other than the square-enix ones? Gonna be riding shotgun on a long car trip with spotty reception.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 22, 2018

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

It should be level 13 and called GoonSquad. There's a lot of random goon name guilds, but the iconic name of failure is still there.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Heartcatch posted:

It should be level 13 and called GoonSquad. There's a lot of random goon name guilds, but the iconic name of failure is still there.

Then I got the right one. My application is still up (as Marchidian).

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Black Griffon posted:

Like, same, but it's got unintrusive ads, a simple setup, and as far as I remember, no ads that present it as some kind of mount and blade battle royale tower defense game with total war style campaigns and graphics even though it's a match three game.

Yeah, it looks fine, and I even kind of like that interactive ad, but I keep getting other similar games. I'm still enjoying Legend of Solgard, maybe I'll cave and check it out at some point later.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I applied to the epic seven guild as baqudga or something, game seems fun, but there's no thread for it right? I searched for goons in guilds, that's the only reason I know you guys play it too.

I picked up this 5* Ken dude and he seems alright, don't want to bother with rerolling so hopefully he'll get me pretty far. Any suggestions for good 3* filler to look out for?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

baby delivery truck posted:

I applied to the epic seven guild as baqudga or something, game seems fun, but there's no thread for it right? I searched for goons in guilds, that's the only reason I know you guys play it too.

I picked up this 5* Ken dude and he seems alright, don't want to bother with rerolling so hopefully he'll get me pretty far. Any suggestions for good 3* filler to look out for?

You have a lot of free units that you can pick up in this game if you finish their quests. More unlock as you go through the main story. For the early game, Silk is probably the best pickup and she isn't that hard to get. Elson's quests are nearly finished by the end of the tutorial if you need a healer. He's not great early game, but he can help out a bit.

You're probably going to be hurting for a healer until you get a 4* or 5* one. The 3* ones don't really perform that well for the early game, but you might have to make due with one of them anyway.

There aren't actually that many bad characters in the game. Most have niches that don't cover every situation, so you'll eventually end up with a rotating roster. A fair number of 3* outperform 5* with the right teams. Kluri, a 3* who has been in the game since launch, is suddenly the new hotness right now. Who works best for you really depends on who else you have on your team.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

applied to the epic seven goon guild as lljksips. please let me in and explain to me which hero is the best

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The cutest one is the best hero. Sez.

You may have to yell at the officers on Discord to get them to let you in.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

Heartcatch posted:

The cutest one is the best hero. Sez.

You may have to yell at the officers on Discord to get them to let you in.

nice, I pulled a 5 star sez early on and he seems ok. surprised at how decent this game is compared to some of the others in the genre out there at the moment. fairly generous and so far not too money grabby. I’m guessing this changes the further into the game you get though

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

sips posted:

applied to the epic seven goon guild as lljksips. please let me in and explain to me which hero is the best

You guys are now in.

Related, whenever we need space for players, I'll be making room by removing inactive people. Just reapply if you're returning, and post here or in the discord. Preferably the discord cause we look at that more often I'd imagine.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Thank. What's the discord?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

Thank. What's the discord?

https://discord.gg/fcT54fx Here you go.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

norp posted:

The reviews are pretty dire

So a lot of the Lemmings reviews complain about the energy system because of greedy cash-in stuff. The real issue with it is that it existing requires that the levels be designed around it, and this hurts the game a lot. I could forgive the loss of the hand drawn backgrounds since going to a grid removes a ton of the fiddliness, but since the energy system exists all the levels have to be extremely open ended and incredibly samey instead of self contained puzzles.

If you do want to try it out as far as I can tell you can play to world 3 and see everything the game has to give, and if not they should have been introducing new mechanics earlier.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

I tried the first 5 of these and then one random one lower down and they all say "This gift has already been consumed".

How did you get the links? I am in as Trastion and but not sure how to send the gifts. It pops up the standard share screen so I can choose anything from email to messaging and many apps.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fyi KODP is 50% off as well as all of the infinity engine games.

Snagged BG2 myself for cheap.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Is there a C&C Rivals thread and/or discord?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Skwirl posted:

Are there any good offline RPGs other than the square-enix ones? Gonna be riding shotgun on a long car trip with spotty reception.

Siralim 3 is out. Cross platform with PC, 2 is decent as well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

m.hache posted:

Fyi KODP is 50% off as well as all of the infinity engine games.

Snagged BG2 myself for cheap.

I just bought this with most of my saved up survey bux that I was previously saving for Stardew Valley.

You watch; that loving game will be released within the week.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Pulled 2 5* literally back to back, Basar and Kayron, but I still haven't gotten a single loving healer other than the free ones.

Damegane posted:

You guys are now in.

Related, whenever we need space for players, I'll be making room by removing inactive people. Just reapply if you're returning, and post here or in the discord. Preferably the discord cause we look at that more often I'd imagine.

You skipped me :( ill reapply when a slot is open, baqudga.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Trastion posted:

I tried the first 5 of these and then one random one lower down and they all say "This gift has already been consumed".

How did you get the links? I am in as Trastion and but not sure how to send the gifts. It pops up the standard share screen so I can choose anything from email to messaging and many apps.

Sorry about that, they're all taken now. I was getting silence here, so I threw thwm up on reddit. I got the links by hitting send, then one of the options in my share screen is copy to clipboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013

baby delivery truck posted:

Pulled 2 5* literally back to back, Basar and Kayron, but I still haven't gotten a single loving healer other than the free ones.

You skipped me :( ill reapply when a slot is open, baqudga.

My bad, missed the post. You're in now.