Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol when my parents were my age they had bought a house and i live with three roommates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my parents moved out of their "starter house" bought a bigger house and had two kids before 27

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/24/budget-of-a-32-year-old-freelancer-earning-50000-dollars-in-nyc.html
This millennial makes $50,000 a year writing about food in NYC—here's how she spends her money

This is a little bit better.. except if she gets sick or in an accident she will be fuckkkkkkkked with no health insurance.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Candles: $3,000

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Len posted:

Truth or Onion getting harder and harder every day.

If you look up "ankle scarf" you get articles about how it's completely imaginary astroturfing that nobody has ever done in real life so it's actually kinda both in this case.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

lol when my parents were my age they had bought a house and i live with three roommates

When my mom was my age she was living in a 1970's hippie commune with tens of roommates, take that millennialiure :smug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Meanwhile my dad was in the military which is sorta the same thing if you think about it except you don't get as much free sex

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

Meanwhile my dad was in the military which is sorta the same thing if you think about it except you don't get as much free sex

well i mean consensual sex yeah sure

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Piell posted:

Saw this in another thread, I think it fitrs here
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1076173906455810050

the chart and article are a 100% accurate break down of how to win at capitalism, don't know why y'all are mad
1. Be born a rich and white dude
2. Ride that gravy train FOREVER

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

you are like little baby, I live with SEVEN roommates lol

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
Why yes I count my savings as an expense, why do you ask?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I rent out my butthole to six men who take turns sleeping in my rear end, in a 200 square foot apartment with twenty other millenials who do the same thing as me, and together we pull in $500 million a year since we all have cushy software development CEO jobs and we all live on gruel.

See, anyone can pull themselves (and 120 people who live in you and your butts) up by the bootstraps, so long as everyone is rich, white, and the bastard children of billionaires being bribed with bullshit jobs.

Take that liberals.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

greeting fellow proles i spend one thousand eight hundred dollars per year on phones

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spend less on data

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

Spend less on data

We!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pussy Quipped posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/24/budget-of-a-32-year-old-freelancer-earning-50000-dollars-in-nyc.html
This millennial makes $50,000 a year writing about food in NYC—here's how she spends her money

This is a little bit better.. except if she gets sick or in an accident she will be fuckkkkkkkked with no health insurance.

How the gently caress do you spend a grand on food a month?

e: Cocaine goes into your body so I guess than counts as an edible

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Rarity posted:

probably pretty easy if you go to fancy NYC restaurants several times a week "for your job"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rarity posted:

e: Cocaine goes into your body so I guess than counts as an edible

He's a food blogger or whatever. Which translates to a rube who pays premium for crap.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Making money on social media is cool and good for a while but then suddenly people dont give a poo poo about you anymore and your income goes from 50k a month to 150 dollars a month and suddenly you are immediately hosed, especially when you start looking for jobs and they ask you what you did over the last few years and all you can tell them is that you ate food and blogged about it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Making money on social media is cool and good for a while but then suddenly people dont give a poo poo about you anymore and your income goes from 50k a month to 150 dollars a month and suddenly you are immediately hosed, especially when you start looking for jobs and they ask you what you did over the last few years and all you can tell them is that you ate food and blogged about it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Good, a it reminds people that productive work is the only way forward.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Rarity posted:

i have a toddler it's p easy

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i have a toddler it's p easy

look at this dude feeding his toddler on Wagyu beef, organic kale smoothies and out of season pomegranates

Toddlers eat like white bread and microwave chicken nuggets, they're pretty cheap to feed. $1000 is more than our food budget for a family of three with a toddler and food is significantly more expensive where I live than in the US.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
please don't be proud of feeding your child bread and meat and nothing else

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

please don't be proud of feeding your child bread and meat and nothing else

I'm joking of course, he mostly eats the same as us but like, half portions. The point is that toddlers are less expensive to feed than adults.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Once had a colleague bring his son in on the morning shift and, while feeding him, complain to his wife that the kid had only eaten 4 mcnuggets. Normally he would do 8.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bike tory posted:

I'm joking of course, he mostly eats the same as us but like, half portions. The point is that toddlers are less expensive to feed than adults.

honestly, we started spending more money on groceries in an effort to eat better once ours started in on real food

i thought we'd be saving money since going out to eat has dropped to zero, but it hasn't really worked out like that

then again the egg allergy shuts out a lotta the cheaper foods so that might be an important factor idk

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

honestly, we started spending more money on groceries in an effort to eat better once ours started in on real food

i thought we'd be saving money since going out to eat has dropped to zero, but it hasn't really worked out like that

then again the egg allergy shuts out a lotta the cheaper foods so that might be an important factor idk

For me "eating better" tends to be a lot cheaper because it means cooking at home rather than getting takeaways. I also don't eat meat so home cooking tends to be pretty cheap - veggies, beans, lentils, rice etc are all v cheap.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Boy the candle thing just never gets old huh guys

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Why Louisiana Stays Poor... everyone should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWTic9btP38

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

steinrokkan posted:

Good, a it reminds people that productive work is the only way forward.

This is absolutely false in the idiot world we actually live in

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

This is absolutely false in the idiot world we actually live in

Nobody has to work in marketing or other lumpen industries.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I'm allergic to nothing and it's still not really cheap to eat good quality food tbh

The cost of living where I am is prolly higher than average to be fair I guess

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I Love Extended Stool Metaphors

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

i haven't watched it yet but is this about how louisiana's only allowed to collect tax on offshore drilling 3 miles from the coastline while the other states gets 9 or 10 miles

and how there was a deal in like 2009 to trade taxation away from some of the platforms in that range to the feds in exchange for storm recovery funds

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
                MCDONALD’S
                   /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Candles: $3,000