Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
I'm getting it done using Mozart with Ox-king, Herc with Golden Sumo, friend Waver with another Ox-king or his bond CE and Anniversary Blonde. Herc NPBB will almost kill Barbatos even through a Buster down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I doubt im gonna make it home in time to hit the barbatos pinata more than once or twice, so it's there a spreadsheet somewhere that breaks down what the other pillars drop?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I doubt im gonna make it home in time to hit the barbatos pinata more than once or twice, so it's there a spreadsheet somewhere that breaks down what the other pillars drop?

Here's an infograph from Reddit with the classes, support effects and drops for all the pillars.

And another with the rates.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I need more pages than anything else. Tamamo is hungry for those doujins.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, an hour to go and I only got 81 runs done. Got far fewer hearts than I wanted too at only 6.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
About an hour left in Barbatos I reckon. After this, where is everyone gonna go? I'm going to Amon for those sweet sweet chains. A 90+ drop chance for chains is too good to pass up, considering everyone who needs them needs an infinite amount of them.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm planning to go for Amon and Sabnock. I need Knight Medals and Gallstones.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Probably Sabnock and Forneus for me. Seeds have been an issue lately, MHXA wants gallstones, and feathers are always in high demand.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Not only was he the last servant in my final multi I was going to do, but it was a silver > gold summon too!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sabnock's instant death can go do something anatomically impossible.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Awwww he's dead.

I needed way more pages

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
RIP Barbatos. Fucker only gave me one page in the 2 bars of AP I was able to plow into him.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Kata-Haro posted:

Awwww he's dead.

I needed way more pages

I still need 23 more. gently caress. Time to hit Hyde for a bit, just for the first 3.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

After three 10-rolls and 16 tickets of utter crap (except I was able to NP4 Lancer Liz), Merlin dropped for me in my fourth and last 10-roll. It's my first-ever 5* Caster too, so that's an extra bonus.

And thanks to being away all day, I got way too few runs at Barbatos. Oh, well!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I liked that Lancer Alter got a few lines in. I also like that she still rejects Mordred.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna beat up Flauros and Forneus so Jalter can finally get her third skill.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna beat up Flauros and Forneus so Jalter can finally get her third skill.

I'm going to beat up Forneus because he's an rear end in a top hat that slows my clears

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm an occult nerd and I just love reading all the name sof these demons from the Goetia.

A surprisingly huge number of JRPGs uses them. Aside from the obvious SHin Megami Tensei series, there's the Ogre series which has a ton of characters named after Goetic demons. Barbatos was the genocidal leader of one of the factions in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

You know you're of questionable character when a demon pillar singles you (i.e. Blackbeard) out to interrupt your super-awesome intro speech.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Joke: Olga Marie Pseudo Servant

Woke: Lev Lainur Pseudo Servant

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
GOD

drat IT
https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1076292868967407616

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

i love lev's design and hope he is someday playable

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

So with Barbatos down is there any feasible way to farm more Demon Hearts for Merlin's skills? A good way to get pages would be nice, too - I don't mind leaving him at 4/4/10 for a while if I have to, but it'd be nice to max the other skills too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

olga forever

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Jack Van Burace posted:

So with Barbatos down is there any feasible way to farm more Demon Hearts for Merlin's skills? A good way to get pages would be nice, too - I don't mind leaving him at 4/4/10 for a while if I have to, but it'd be nice to max the other skills too.

Not really right now. The Caster daily is always a source, but that's really unreliable. The Moon Fest rerun, which should be a couple weeks away, will have 10 in the shop and have a node that can drop them, though you probably shouldn't expect a great drop rate out of it.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
It'll take 3 months, but Shinjuku will finally make it possible to farm Hearts outside of events, which is nice.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Jack Van Burace posted:

Hearts can drop from Friday's Training Grounds... At like 600AP pet drop, so don't bother.

Upcoming Moonfest Rerun has a Heart node, which is not very good but better than nothing.

Shinjuku release finally gives a permanent Heart node... At like 160ap per drop.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I dig how Sabnock's stage BGM is a remix of the "Tiamat woke up and poo poo is fuuuucked" Babylonia map BGM.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Did anyone else get a good laugh at Ozy going fanboy over Arash showing up? "Alright you plebs, I'm out of here, you can go...holy loving shitwaffles, is that Arash!? Why the hell didn't you mention he'd be here!? gently caress yeah, deal me in on this!"

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m curious, are there any comprehensive LPs of the English version on YouTube or twitch or wherever by people that aren’t unbearable? I’m vaguely curious about the English translation but not enough to play through the game a second time.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which of Merlin's abilities should you level up first?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Which of Merlin's abilities should you level up first?

3 then 1 then 2

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Oh dear God, no... not farming mats for a double merlin drop.

(Congrats though ;) )

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 22, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got the worst possible spook in a Jeanne. Now my long term plan of picking EXTRA for new years is ruined and possibly have to risk a dupe somewhere else.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Bakanogami posted:

I’m curious, are there any comprehensive LPs of the English version on YouTube or twitch or wherever by people that aren’t unbearable? I’m vaguely curious about the English translation but not enough to play through the game a second time.

There’s a guy plain old dumping the VN segments on youtube if that helps? https://youtube.com/channel/UC_ZWfvG32Xko1ticcXM21QA

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I've got lancer vlad, stheno and sword Lancelot from this, which is ok since I was lacking a decent lancer and Lancelot also seems good.

Re the guaranteed paid summon, is that only valid if you do a 30-pull? And it has to be 30 paid quartz in total, the bonus quartz from paid packs don't count? I have enough google play credit to buy... 5 quartz lol. Doubt I'll be going for that.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gluten Freeman posted:

Re the guaranteed paid summon, is that only valid if you do a 30-pull? And it has to be 30 paid quartz in total, the bonus quartz from paid packs don't count? I have enough google play credit to buy... 5 quartz lol. Doubt I'll be going for that.

Yes and yes.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Gluten Freeman posted:

I've got lancer vlad, stheno and sword Lancelot from this, which is ok since I was lacking a decent lancer and Lancelot also seems good.

Saberlot is an insanely good single target burst saber that, from what I understand, matches up against multiple 5-star sabers in that regard.

Yes, the guaranteed gacha is only with actual bought quartz, quest quartz and bonus quartz from purchases doesn't count, unfortunately. On that subject - what are the pools for each class again?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aurora posted:

saber: artoria, altera, mordred
lancer: karna, enkidu, lancer artoria
archer: orion, arjuna, tesla
caster: waver, tamamo, sanzang
rider: drake, ozy, medb, quetz
berserker: cuzilla, vlad, nightingale
extrassassin: jeanne, jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU