Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

red19fire posted:

Glad to see the alt right has discovered the power of demanding to speak to a manager.

Need a Pepe meme that’s the super angry red/eyed version of him combined with this:
https://goo.gl/images/Ci9epK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

red19fire posted:

Glad to see the alt right has discovered the power of demanding to speak to a manager.

Cernovich has done this several times

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It has worked a few times, like with James Gunn and Sam Seder (thankfully Seder was rehired after an outcry)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't believe we're going to lose out on future cum town bits like ethnicity from place you wouldn't expect to see that ethnicity in but also they have a disability

https://twitter.com/cumtownbot/status/1075459339299811329

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1075404477690068998?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Where's the new Vanderpod?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

I was curious about that as well. Was it in reference to something they talked about on a Patreon episode?
Don't think so. Felt like the outline of it was "some online weirdos believe one of us has some unsavory connection to this guy" but I don't remember that name ever coming up before.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
You'll never guess who is on the left of those two

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1075851971918290944

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Liberal social media is reacting to the Syria/Mattis news exactly as you’d expect.:barf:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SeANMcBAY posted:

Liberal social media is reacting to the Syria/Mattis news exactly as you’d expect.:barf:

I’m going to guess a bunch of “yeah suck putins dick you sicko” versus any sort of analysis about how this is going to gear up for a US invasion of Iran or how Erdogan has been an extremely good boy and gets all of the presents for Christmas (read: Agilent, Rojava, etc)?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
yur-rog-guay

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This latest episode is talking me into seeing Aquaman

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Drunk Amber, drunk Matt, and sober Felix are a weirdly outstanding combination, it sands the edges off the first two enough that they’re right down on Felix’s level and is pretty enthusiastically charming

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I Before E posted:

This latest episode is talking me into seeing Aquaman
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1076161179465191425

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

That's pretty much the same problem with killmonger.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
And Vanko, and the Vulture.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The episode after RBG dies under a Trump presidency is going to be the most depressing and full of schadenfreude yet. Matt will 100% get the cops called on him.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Previa_fun posted:

The episode after RBG dies under a Trump presidency is going to be the most depressing and full of schadenfreude yet. Matt will 100% get the cops called on him.
*Pours out a 40 for a real OG*

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Previa_fun posted:

Any raging that was gonna be done on account of that has been. He's not that far behind the curve.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

And Vanko, and the Vulture.

Those two not as much. Killmonger and the Aquaman guy wanted to end systems of oppression. Vanko only wanted revenge and the Vulture just wanted to make money, even if they both had legitimate grievances.

Michael Keton was fantastic as the Vulture and the character did make some really good points, but the "The Vuture was the good guy" take seems to ignore that his reaction to his legitimate grievance was to start illegally selling guns to whoever could pay.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
here's my detailed analysis: superhero movies are for children

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

little munchkin posted:

here's my detailed analysis: superhero movies are for children

Yeah they're pretty fun sometimes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Those two not as much. Killmonger and the Aquaman guy wanted to end systems of oppression. Vanko only wanted revenge and the Vulture just wanted to make money, even if they both had legitimate grievances.

Michael Keton was fantastic as the Vulture and the character did make some really good points, but the "The Vuture was the good guy" take seems to ignore that his reaction to his legitimate grievance was to start illegally selling guns to whoever could pay.

Killmonger did not want to end systems of oppression, he just wanted to be on top. He even says "The sun will never set on the Wakandan Empire"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The MCU had a very real villain problem going for the longest time. When people were like 'Toombs from Spider-Man and Killmonger from Black Panther at least had legitimate grievances (working-class victimhood and global white supremacy, respectively), I was happy. Having Josh Brolin be Thanos was a hell of a smart move to that end. Though once people unironically started saying 'Thanos did nothing wrong', I can't help but think the pendulum swung a little too far narratively.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
What Movie Thanos did is hosed up, but Comics Thanos did nothing wrong. He just wanted to shag Death. Being horny isn't a crime.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Bryter posted:

What Movie Thanos did is hosed up, but Comics Thanos did nothing wrong. He just wanted to shag Death. Being horny isn't a crime.

Yeah when one of my friends told me thanos original motivation was basically trying to get Jodi foster's death's attention, I was like why wouldn't you just use THAT? It's still dumb but at least it's kind of original

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I wish they'd had Matt Brady call in to champion his countryman James Wan, but I guess you can't have everything

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pharmaskittle posted:

Yeah when one of my friends told me thanos original motivation was basically trying to get Jodi foster's death's attention, I was like why wouldn't you just use THAT? It's still dumb but at least it's kind of original

Infinity Gauntlet is massively boring but the running plot of thanos trying to impress death and failing rules

He builds a fancy house and she doesn't give a poo poo. He wipes out half of the universe, she doesn't give a poo poo

He makes himself a new girlfriend that is literally a girl version of him to prove he doesn't need her and make her jealous!

Serf
May 5, 2011

removing death from thanos' motivation turns him from printer-carrier sadsack to drooling idiot

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Imagine a person who believes that you can only make things better through inflicting reckless cuts and suffering on everyone else. Lol, comic books so wild.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Serf posted:

removing death from thanos' motivation turns him from printer-carrier sadsack to drooling idiot

Ehh, I dunno. I like bad forum poster Thanos. Reminds me of some libertarian threads.

"I'm not saying my plan of charging people for breathing wouldn't have some problems after we privatize air, but it's a lot better than just having bums stealing oxygen all the time. Doing nothing, that's the real catastrophe here!"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I will never agree with chapos on theater etiquette. If you talk in a movie I will call the cops

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

The Chad Jihad posted:

I will never agree with chapos on theater etiquette. If you talk in a movie I will call the cops

Preach, brother.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
One time I took a photo with a flash in the middle of one of the new Star Wars. Can't remember which one because I was way wasted.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

Looks like someone's a narc who is too scared to talk directly to people and has to get an underpaid teen to relay a message as simple as "hey cut it out"

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I've got to do some holiday driving tomorrow and I'm all out of new pod eps.

What are the good Matt episodes from this year? I want to hear Matt taking about the futility of Democrats in the wake of their own ineptitude/corruption, American horribleness, and the inexorable march of climate apocalypse.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sephyr posted:

Ehh, I dunno. I like bad forum poster Thanos. Reminds me of some libertarian threads.

"I'm not saying my plan of charging people for breathing wouldn't have some problems after we privatize air, but it's a lot better than just having bums stealing oxygen all the time. Doing nothing, that's the real catastrophe here!"

yea they turned him from the very funny and good 'I want to literally gently caress death' but they replaced it with him being one of those 'well SOMEONE has to do SOMETHING' idiots actually given unlimited cosmic power to follow that through and it's good still.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I Before E posted:

Looks like someone's a narc who is too scared to talk directly to people and has to get an underpaid teen to relay a message as simple as "hey cut it out"

It's character building, these are the events that turn the frightened teens of today into the surly podcasters and pro gamers of tomorrow

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I've got to do some holiday driving tomorrow and I'm all out of new pod eps.

What are the good Matt episodes from this year? I want to hear Matt taking about the futility of Democrats in the wake of their own ineptitude/corruption, American horribleness, and the inexorable march of climate apocalypse.

If you haven't already, you can listen to his appearances on Jake Flores's Pod drat America and Mike Recine's The Sitdown. Both were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Matt was also on Ballin out Super and it went exactly how Matt Christman On An Anime Podcast would go.