Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Atomizer posted:

You know you could shove a bill in front of him (for example, the original one with no funding for "The Wall") and he'd sign it if you just told him it did contain all the billions for "The Wall." Let's be honest, he's not going to read it.

The problem would be the snitch rear end motherfuckers at Fox News looking into the camera and telling him that actually, the bill he's being asked to sign does NOT include wall funding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

DrNutt posted:

The problem would be the snitch rear end motherfuckers at Fox News looking into the camera and telling him that actually, the bill he's being asked to sign does NOT include wall funding.

Do that thing they do in heist movies where they override security camera footage with a loop of pre-recorded footage. Just have all the televisions in the White House show Fox news from the previous week, it's not like he'd notice.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Atomizer posted:

You know you could shove a bill in front of him (for example, the original one with no funding for "The Wall") and he'd sign it if you just told him it did contain all the billions for "The Wall." Let's be honest, he's not going to read it.

He'd get pissy after the fact, throw a tantrum, then declare war on Mexico or give away the West Coast states to Russia for wall money.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kai Tave posted:

Do that thing they do in heist movies where they override security camera footage with a loop of pre-recorded footage. Just have all the televisions in the White House show Fox news from the previous week, it's not like he'd notice.

I see a potential problem here. When did Fox plead the toddler to shutdown the government, this week or previous?

Just go with January 2017 Fox, can't go wrong with that and it'll get him into a good mood. Four scoops after he signs.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
god what a disaster

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

Yeah people who don't like the USPS, DMV, etc live in places where their services were gutted in the first place.

Yeah I live in a fairly affluent area and the Post Office and DMV are always fairly chill places to go to. I went to renew my license last week and only spent like 30 minutes at the DMV and that included getting my picture taken. My new license came in the mail less than a week later (thanks USPS).

On the other hand, I can't count on my fingers and toes the times that UPS/FedEx/Other Carriers have hosed up delivering my package. Within the last 2 weeks alone I've had 5 packages be misdelivered through Amazon and not one of those packages came from the USPS.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is unfuckingreal that fox and friends, ann coulter, and other assorted right wing media hogs shut down our government by making the president feel bad.

heyitsamanda
Jul 17, 2018

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what could it cost? 10 dollars?

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is unfuckingreal that fox and friends, ann coulter, and other assorted right wing media hogs shut down our government by making the president feel bad.
I don’t think this can be overstated enough. It’s hard to “stop” and just focus on an individual point/element like this with the absurd pace of the constant news cycle, but we really did get to this point as a direct result of far right wing pundits trolling him starting with Coulter on Twitter. Fox and Friends was the nail in the coffin, reminds me of that “we lost Kilmeade” bit on Colbert or wherever from last year.

Congress was already leaving for vacation for Christ’s sake.

Pelosi and Cuck need to hammer in the absolute absurdity of this, coupled with the corresponding drops in all of the market indexes 24/7, stopping only for commercial breaks to play the video of him owning any shutdown so the electorate is forced to at least see it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I was gonna post that the Dems should just run a bunch of "Look, Trump owned this shutdown" ads on Fox, because John Oliver did similar to that at least 2 times this year, but then I realized that HBO/Time Warner probably has way more money than the DCCC does.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

So the 116th Congress begins on Jan. 3rd? Regarding the joint statement from Schumer and Pelosi, if they get the old 1.6b deal fast-tracked can Trump still stymie everyone by refusing the sign it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

Is it? Is it really? The man who ran for president because a guy from SNL made fun of him for 20 minutes, being goaded into shutting down the government by a couple of heehaws from the TV machine is an unreal thing to you?

Hillary Clinton loving warned you two and a half years ago: “A man who can be baited by a tweet” has no business business being in the Oval Office. And enough of you voted for him anyway.

What’s unreal to me is that it’s taken this long.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's the timing like heyitsamanda. everything was already set. everyone went home.

and yeah it's still unreal. i'm not gonna allow this poo poo to become normal no matter how often it happens.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CubanMissile posted:

I doubt it would surprise anyone here that boomers and chuds getting mad a Nike didn't hurt the company one bit.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1076271113309704196?s=21

That's because they had to buy the poo poo to burn it. loving dumbass chuds

Edit; A g is not a b

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 22, 2018

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

They're STILL mad about there being a black Spiderman ever since Ultimate Marvel introduced Miles.

Hell, they're still pissed Black Panther exists

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

That's because they had to buy the poo poo to burn it. loving dumbass chuds

This reminds me, how is Yeti doing these days? I remember chuds shooting and burning their already bought and paid for yeti coolers like a year ago. I can't remember why I think it's because yeti didn't want kids getting killed in schools by mass shooters or something so naturally chuds turned on them. I feel like this was one of the earliest examples of "destroying something I bought to own the libs"

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Imagine buying a $200+ cooler in the first place, and then doing that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

SocketWrench posted:

Hell, they're still pissed Black Panther exists

I have a cousin who specifically refuses to watch Black Panther out of all Marvel Movies "for some reason".

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Shutting down the government over an imagined immigration crisis is like peak 2010s.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Now imagine when the real refugee crisis start.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Charliegrs posted:

This reminds me, how is Yeti doing these days? I remember chuds shooting and burning their already bought and paid for yeti coolers like a year ago. I can't remember why I think it's because yeti didn't want kids getting killed in schools by mass shooters or something so naturally chuds turned on them. I feel like this was one of the earliest examples of "destroying something I bought to own the libs"

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/nra-calls-cease-fire-austin-based-yeti-coolers/
Seems the NRA, in typical NRA fashion, went all apeshit over nothing and hosed up PR wise. Dumbasses. It would do everyone including gun owners a universe of good if the NRA was erased. Maybe the original goal of teaching people how to handle firearms was good, but when they gut ultra political and :siren:EDIT less than average intelligence EDIT:siren: that crossed the line

poo poo, can't use "mo_on" I guess

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 22, 2018

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/nra-calls-cease-fire-austin-based-yeti-coolers/
Seems the NRA, in typical NRA fashion, went all apeshit over nothing and hosed up PR wise. Dumbasses. It would do everyone including gun owners a universe of good if the NRA was erased. Maybe the original goal of teaching people how to handle firearms was good, but when they gut ultra political and retarded that crossed the line

You might want to edit your post before you get probed for a disabled slur, you moron.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DiggityDoink posted:

You might want to edit your post before you get probed for a disabled slur, you moron.

Moron

Origin
Early 20th century (as a medical term denoting an adult with a mental age of about 8–12)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Regarde Aduck posted:

Moron

Origin
Early 20th century (as a medical term denoting an adult with a mental age of about 8–12)

Stop signing your posts

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
nm

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
What's wrong with "apeshit"--oh

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

SocketWrench posted:

Seems the NRA, in typical NRA fashion, went all apeshit over nothing and hosed up PR wise. Dumbasses. It would do everyone including gun owners a universe of good if the NRA was erased. Maybe the original goal of teaching people how to handle firearms was good, but when they gut ultra political and :siren:EDIT less than average intelligence EDIT:siren: that crossed the line

poo poo, can't use "mo_on" I guess

Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if the whole “blowing up/crushing/defacing/otherwise breaking my [insert consumer product here] because they don’t support CHILD DEATH” movement is 100% fueled by YouTube personalities or wanna-be YouTube personalities. They’re probably treating this all as a business expense for views to get that sweet, sweet ad revenue because there’s no way that the people doing this poo poo can honestly think of it as a threat to the brand owners to align with the NRA.

Though I think of all organizations out there, the NRA could get on YouTube and have their members address a celebrity or CEO of a company to support the NRA with special-boy discounts “or else” while racking a shotgun or AR-15, and I don’t think the police, FBI or the government in general would give a drat. :shrug: Maybe that’s a new method for them to get their grift on: tell people to join the NRA, or its members will kill you.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

nine-gear crow posted:

Is it? Is it really? The man who ran for president because a guy from SNL made fun of him for 20 minutes, being goaded into shutting down the government by a couple of heehaws from the TV machine is an unreal thing to you?

Hillary Clinton loving warned you two and a half years ago: “A man who can be baited by a tweet” has no business business being in the Oval Office. And enough of you voted for him anyway.

What’s unreal to me is that it’s taken this long.

Yeah like Groovelord Neato said, it is still pretty unreal. There are Presidents you can point to who have higher bodycounts and more blood on their hands, there are Presidents you can point to who did more to lay the foundation for the situation America is in today, but by and large I don't think it's disputable at this point that Trump is quite literally the stupidest President in American history. Even if his brain wasn't turning into cottage cheese from dementia, Adderall abuse, and Big Mac grease he would still be the stupidest President in history. You think there's a limit to just how dumb he is but no, it turns out he's even dumber than that. Nothing about this situation is normal even compared to other lovely Republican Presidents we've had before. It's not even a matter of "decorum" or whatever, it's simply the fact that we have a President who's incompetent to a degree I don't think anyone ever expected could make it to the highest position of power in America. If this were a work of fiction it would be lambasted for being too heavy-handed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1076300804586393600

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trump being an absolute cretin is the only thing saving us. Imagine someone like him that could sell himself to racists like he does but could turn it off when he needed to do a NYT interview and yuck it up with the fawning reporter. Or knew which red meat he could throw to the base which is apparently ok by DC standards (brutalizing immigrants as long as you never say the intent is the point) and what isn't.

Smart Trump could have gotten some evil poo poo out of this negotiation instead of hyperfocusing on the physical wall.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Radish posted:

Trump being an absolute cretin is the only thing saving us. Imagine someone like him that could sell himself to racists like he does but could turn it off when he needed to do a NYT interview and yuck it up with the fawning reporter. Or knew which red meat he could throw to the base which is apparently ok by DC standards (brutalizing immigrants as long as you never say the intent is the point) and what isn't.

Smart Trump could have gotten some evil poo poo out of this negotiation instead of hyperfocusing on the physical wall.

It isn't like the media sycophants and amoral news orgs/"private opinion piece writers" don't try, all their damnedest, to report a possibility of him having a brain or some sort of cunning to have a both sides narrative that he has a Schrodinger's worm rot depending on if you voted for him or not. Because you clearly play 8th dimensional chess by making GBS threads your pants and shoving your hand into a meat grinder while screaming how much of a stable genius you are.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Radish posted:

I was actually terrified when he got elected that there were two Trumps - the racist moron you see on TV, and the slick political operator with the smarts to achieve his horrific agenda, waiting in the wings. Luckily there's only the racist moron, but that's bad enough.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

N: Trump considers firing fed chair

V: ahahahahahabahahaha if there is one thing that would kick off great recession 2, recession harder it would be that.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-22/trump-said-to-discuss-firing-fed-s-powell-after-latest-rate-hike

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don’t think the republicans will vote for someone that isn’t a true believer going forward unless the only people running are the “serious-minded” kleptocrats. nobody can really do what trump did as an act - it’s impossible to fake that level of stupidity and delusion.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nine-gear crow posted:

They're also still super pissed that Gwen Stacy is now a beloved super hero in her own right instead of just a fridged damsel. They're already gearing up to freak out over the Gwen-led and Miles/Gwen-centric Spider-Verse spin-off and sequel, so they'll never be done dying on the hill of women and minorities [checks notes again]... existing.

The funniest thing about this outrage is that they are missing the best SM film ever made. The thing is a love letter to comic books and spidey as a concept and a character. The thing is an absolute joy, as someone 2ho has loved Spider Man my whole life

DiggityDoink posted:

On the other hand, I can't count on my fingers and toes the times that UPS/FedEx/Other Carriers have hosed up delivering my package. Within the last 2 weeks alone I've had 5 packages be misdelivered through Amazon and not one of those packages came from the USPS.

I've known several people in my life that were USPS carriers and they all said it was the best job. It turns out when you pay well and give great benefits, people want to do a good job to avoid losing said job.

You know, those things UPS and FedEx employees don't get

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 22, 2018

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Gort posted:

I was actually terrified when he got elected that there were two Trumps - the racist moron you see on TV, and the slick political operator with the smarts to achieve his horrific agenda, waiting in the wings. Luckily there's only the racist moron, but that's bad enough.

Yeah, Trump isn't an establishment puppet or secret master manipulator like leftists feared and lovely "mainstream" conservatives hoped, because he's genuinely too loving stupid and disinterested to stick to the script - ANY script. There was never plan, not even a bad one. He was elevated to power by lovely whites who worshipped him for giving them permission to hate everyone in all directions more freely, and that's all he ever truly offered anyone. It was all he could do, and as it happened all he had to do thanks to (huge list of dumb and bad poo poo I won't rehash for the 100,000th time)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

The funniest thing about this outrage is that they are missing the best SM film ever made. The thing is a love letter to comic books and spidey as a concept and a character. The thing is an absolute joy, as someone 2ho has loved Spider Man my whole life

I've known several people in my life that were USPS carriers and they all said it was the best job. It turns out when you pay well and give great benefits, people want to do a good job to avoid losing said job.

You know, those things UPS and FedEx employees don't get

USPS has been very good in most areas I've lived, but where I am currently they are largely useless and repeatedly deliver late, deliver to the wrong address, or mark items as delivered but bring them back to the post office. I would have given them the benefit of the doubt re being understaffed, but marking packages as delivered without delivering them reeks of either dishonesty or incompetence.

Pay and benefits isn't a cure all to poor perfomance, it's about the fact that great pay and benefits presumably gives you prime opportunity to hire hard working, loyal employees. If you hire poo poo people then nothing will get done no matter what pay and benefits you offer.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Gort posted:

I don't think you could fake Trump. Obviously, if you could it's a nightmare scenario, but I think to appeal to the racist morons you have to be a racist moron.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

pseudanonymous posted:

I don't think you could fake Trump. Obviously, if you could it's a nightmare scenario, but I think to appeal to the racist morons you have to be a racist moron.

Normal terrible Republicans are instinctively afraid to go full racist in public even when they are personally solid racists. Their entire Southern Strategy since Nixon was based on the misunderstanding that totally open racism is a loser in America and you must carefully triangulate between business scum, religious fanatics and Nazis to get enough votes. Trump stumbled on the fact that it's all the same shitass vermin basically and no triangulation is necessary.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Young Freud posted:

Oh, BTW, it looks like David Hogg is going to Harvard. Time to suck it, Laura Ingraham.

https://twitter.com/TopRopeTravis/status/1076239116084350977

Countdown until someone says "he only got in because he was shot at and whined about it." Conveniently ignoring that he might have good grades and all the people who got in cause dad wrote a check, or because one of their parents has a good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Solaris 2.0 posted:

N: Trump considers firing fed chair

V: ahahahahahabahahaha if there is one thing that would kick off great recession 2, recession harder it would be that.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-22/trump-said-to-discuss-firing-fed-s-powell-after-latest-rate-hike

Not that I want a recession, but a genuine economic downturn might be the firmest nail yet in Trump's coffin. It'll enrage the capital class, and might even shift his base a tad since it cuts into his personal narrative.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

And it's not like the film does wrong by Peter Parker, either. The films gives us multiple versions of Parker and they're all pretty cool dudes.