Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Endorph posted:

I disagree with the parts of this post where I understand what you're saying, which I think is half?

You said all aids is drug resistant in response to it not being super aids. If it’s not especially super aids, why would they have pointed that out in describing it. If calling it super aids is crass, I apologize but its just like loving hyper ultra dire poo poo to do to a little kid.

Silver2195 posted:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Good job beau.

kater fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

You said all aids is drug resistant in response to it not being super aids. If it’s not especially super aids, why would they have pointed that out in describing it. If calling it super aids is crass, I apologize but its just like loving hyper ultra dire poo poo to do to a little kid.
I mean, it's a more drug-resistant form of aids, but that like, exists. Some strands of aids are more drug resistant than others. Kids in real life have aids. Could you stop acting like this is a comedy goldmine.

My issue isnt that you have criticism for the arc or anything, btw, its that the lead innto this conversation was you going 'super aids brings a smile to my face' instead of any real coherent criticism based in how the show actually handles the material. The criticism seems to stop at the subject itself

Endorph fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 22, 2018

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Also it was one of the best arcs because Kirito wasn't in it.

Kirito is a dumb character. SAO would be much better (and shorter) if it were about Klein instead.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dumb SAO take incoming: During a sleep-deprived stupor, I confused Kirito with Narukami from P4A. I still think the MC swap has potential on both ends but alas, that's goofy fanfic territory I reckon.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Drake Disapproval: Sorry, I can't make it to work Thursday. My daughter is going through her next cycle of chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Disease and I need to be there for her.
Drake Approval: Sorry, I can't make it to work Thursday. My daughter is sick *cuts to cute daughter in hospital room who coughs once or twice*

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Motto posted:

something something corncob

lol me too

kater fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 22, 2018

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No but really, the person I was responding to hadn't seen it and was wondering if it was worth watching, I said that I really liked how hard it goes for it and provided an example of like, the base level 'this is what the arc is known for' and said it does more than you'd expect even knowing how over the top SAO is. I guess other people laughing at the show must be a sore subject, but trust me I loved all of the insanity not just the one thing I said.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

something something corncob

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also it was one of the best arcs because Kirito wasn't in it.

Sold.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Dumb SAO take incoming: During a sleep-deprived stupor, I confused Kirito with Narukami from P4A. I still think the MC swap has potential on both ends but alas, that's goofy fanfic territory I reckon.
So he gets his harem by acting like people's dad instead of saving them from monsters/bullies?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Aw geez I'm not sure I'm ready to see the manga ending again

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Terrible Opinions posted:

So he gets his harem by acting like people's dad instead of saving them from monsters/bullies?
Hey, maybe he can be a dad for the monsters and bullies too.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZra7J2YWg

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

StandardVC10 posted:

Yea same I'm full of dread even tho it's gonna be good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
From its own thread, but thought it might be worth re-posting here:

Fabricated posted:

Here's the latest preview with more than 2 seconds of animation. This is a re-upload because the official one is region-locked for some fuckheaded reason, so it might just go away at some point.

Looks...well, looks like a Ufotable production so that's good. Also featured: Pig Assault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8KIYYVP1wo

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
^^
I'm totally down for more Ufotable X Kajiura but that trailer had some real strong tonal whiplash.

StandardVC10 posted:

an actual dog posted:

Yea same I'm full of dread even tho it's gonna be good

Please don't do this, it feels spoilery even if I don't know specifically what is being referred to.

Super hyped for more krad-riding adventures though.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 22, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you did not put enough :sirens: around this imo I missed this post and then found it somewhere else and was about to post it here

i've heard two different things, that Season 4 is September 22nd 2019, or that's when the new season will be announced

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
so that's a new season thing? I couldn't tell if it was something new or like another compilation movie announcement or what.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Please don't do this, it feels spoilery even if I don't know specifically what is being referred to.

:jerkbag:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

first glimpse of everyone's favorite stone boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0jszHaElvA

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

He's being a bit spoiler-phobic about stuff that doesn't matter, but also there's no need to treat him like an rear end in a top hat for asking, is there?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm posting a sarcastic emote in response to his dumb post, not going on a tirade

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Everything Burrito posted:

so that's a new season thing? I couldn't tell if it was something new or like another compilation movie announcement or what.
I was kinda confused too, but basically they announced a Haikyuu event on September 22nd, 2019 as well as "new Haikyuu anime series", which....I dunno what that means! Probably Season 4 but it's a weird way to phrase it. The air date is also not talked about, so I wonder if it'll be a Winter 2020 show

https://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/1076397175347634176

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Anyways, the next season thread will be up either later today or tomorrow. From the look of things, next season is going to be awesome.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is Haikyuu!! worth going back if I enjoyed Running Boys this season? (I assume the answer is yes even if I didn't)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom posted:

I was kinda confused too, but basically they announced a Haikyuu event on September 22nd, 2019 as well as "new Haikyuu anime series", which....I dunno what that means! Probably Season 4 but it's a weird way to phrase it. The air date is also not talked about, so I wonder if it'll be a Winter 2020 show

https://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/1076397175347634176
Okay, here's the Key Visual they're using
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1076385124973834240

which is basically combining the covers of Volumes 24 and 25 which i think is right where Season 3 left off so yeah this is Season 4

Ibblebibble posted:

Is Haikyuu!! worth going back if I enjoyed Running Boys this season? (I assume the answer is yes even if I didn't)
oh my god yes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
watch Haikyuu!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also today is Kageyamas birthday which is prob why it was announced today

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
happy birthday Kageyama

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I never did watch much past the first season as much as I loved it. I've gotta get back to it at some point.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im fairly sure they announced it cause its jump festa

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they put jump festa on kageyama's birthday

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

There's a lot of things you can say about Haikyuu!! Most of them are just basically lead-ins to "...yeah, you should watch it!", which y'know, you should. :dance:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Julias posted:

From the look of things, next season is going to be awesome.

Hah I'm not falling for that one again :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibblebibble posted:

It’s worth going back for even if you already watched it three times through.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Holy loving Gridman

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Gridman and Antarctica are the last shows i need to catch up with I think

Strange Quark posted:

It’s worth going back for even if you already watched it three times through.
I'm excited for my first rewatch, gonna try to read along too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Everything Burrito posted:

happy birthday Kageyama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Gridman is very strong and good.