Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

DrManiac posted:

so did araki forget that stands not having mirror worlds is a key part of the hanged man fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcHA1YWX_8U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQHWdtp-pFA

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

DrManiac posted:

so did araki forget that stands not having mirror worlds is a key part of the hanged man fight?

Kakyoin also said that no one could reflect the Emerald Splash.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kakyoin said a lot of things. Basically none of them were true.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
well jotaro's mom was hot

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the idea of 'there's no world inside the mirror' as presented is true at the time because ultimately hanged man is doing some bullshit unrelated to that and wasn't actually hiding out 'inside' of a reflective thing. that goes out the window when a stand's ability is specifically to create a weird little pocket on the other side of a mirror that they can drag themselves and others into at will. it all hinges on the stand being able to directly make this a thing.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

We haven't actually seen it jump from mirror to mirror yet. Creating a world inside one mirror is different to implying that all mirrors are somehow linked.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I assumed it was a deliberate jokey callback. Like Superfly being a tower because Tower of Gray was a fly.

DrManiac posted:

“Araki forgot” is a fuckin mantra for JoJo’s

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

araki remembered, thought to himself, then said aloud to nobody "gently caress that dumb poo poo, this is more interesting"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mentioning Superfly reminds me that it's one of the few stands that I've heard a fan give a better name to. I don't remember who it was on youtube but I've seen it's name suggested as "Electric Avenue".

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Funky Valentine posted:

Kakyoin said a lot of things. Basically none of them were true.

he got lucky with the clock

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

he got lucky with the clock

He didn't understand what the World did, he was just tossing poo poo anywhere - he's not fooling us

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Darko posted:

He didn't understand what the World did, he was just tossing poo poo anywhere - he's not fooling us
From Joseph's stupidity, a wisdom emerges.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Nessus posted:

From Joseph's stupidity, a wisdom emerges.

Part 2 in a nutshell.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

I am starting to look forward to these dumb videos as much as the actual episodes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kakyoin... dumb and bad??? It's more likely than you think.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Don't insult Jotaro's husband that way

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nessus posted:

Don't insult Jotaro's husband that way

No one said anything about a dolphin.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dragonwagon posted:

I am starting to look forward to these dumb videos as much as the actual episodes.

:same:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So how did Fugo get in trouble from almost being molested? It seemed like what happened was making the rounds at the school, but Fugo was held accountable anyway?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

UnderFreddy posted:

This situation seems very specifically tailored

Welcome to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So how did Fugo get in trouble from almost being molested? It seemed like what happened was making the rounds at the school, but Fugo was held accountable anyway?

Bystanders are the biggest assholes in JoJo.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I take it you haven't seen any of the news stories about high profile child abusers who got away with it for decades?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He did beat someone half to death and there were presumably no witnesses to support his side of the story.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[points to the news]

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I take it you haven't seen any of the news stories about high profile child abusers who got away with it for decades?

Yeah that's not even a case of JoJo bystander sociopathy, welcome to real life

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

[points to the news]

This is actually probably where the anime writers got the idea; the original manga doesn't have Fugo's flashback, just Illuso's summary of Fugo's past, leaving Fugo's reasons for beating the professor unexplained.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah the professor scene is entirely an anime addition

not entirely sure how i feel about it since i feel there's ways to 'justify' fugo's actions without resorting to pedophile stuff, but, whatever

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Fair enough.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah the professor scene is entirely an anime addition

not entirely sure how i feel about it since i feel there's ways to 'justify' fugo's actions without resorting to pedophile stuff, but, whatever
I never felt justification was necessary honestly

like i kinda prefer Fugo just beating one of his professors to near death because of his undiagnosed mental illness, that's just super believable to me, especially at thirteen

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

like i kinda prefer Fugo just beating one of his professors to near death because of his undiagnosed mental illness, that's just super believable to me, especially at thirteen

Especially at thirteen and in college. I don't even want to think about whatever physical illnesses he would have due to stress alone, let alone mental stuff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it definitely was just kind of a thing no one ever really questioned, so the addition of a justification mostly seems excessive

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, you don't really need a big justifier when his introduction scene is stabbing someone in the face for messing up math.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you ever think fugo looks at mista feeding his six Stand sons every day and gets sad

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if they (and all sentient Stands) need to eat or it's just that they act bratty if Mista doesn't indulge them.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I feel the same way. I would like it more if it was a random outburst brought on by him trying to control his urges while going through the stress of university at such a young age.The Prof being a pedo is an easy way to justify the outburst, but you didn't really need to give it a justification.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I def think only Sex Pistols needs to eat. Stands like Echoes Act 3 or even Cheap Trick could probably eat something but I don't think it would do anything for em. Stray Cat continues to eat and hunt but it's a weird hybrid. Sex Pistols just seems like six babies, down to Mista having to negotiate with them to push their nap time back before going to find Sale. I think Mista even says that they get whiny if they don't eat, but there's no way they'd die

This is where I'd like to use Sex Pistols to psychoanalyze Mista as to why he developed six personalities that he has to take care off, but I didn't eat the Gum Gum fruit so i cant reach that far

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Mista is so full of love that the arrow gave him six beautiful children. :3:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think it makes more thematic sense for Fugo to be specifically wronged in some way, even if you can debate what way that should have been. The whole, consistent concept of Bruno's squad is that they became criminals to find justice. They didn't just fail to fit into civil society - they experienced an injustice that it was incapable of handling, and were taken by that to a criminal who wanted to bring peace, order, and happiness through criminality. Without a deserving target to rage out against, Fugo doesn't easily fit into that 'sometimes, you just have to break the law' pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hobgoblin2099 posted: