Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Did buffer announce any other fights or does he get 6 figgies a fight to half arsedly mime sweet caroline and announce the headliner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's worth $400m+ just from saying lets get ready to rumble lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jose posted:

he's worth $400m+ just from saying lets get ready to rumble lol

fair play to him. that is an amazing $$ to effort ratio

was excited for someone walking out to the jaws theme, disappointed it switched to guns and roses

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

fair play to him. that is an amazing $$ to effort ratio

was excited for someone walking out to the jaws theme, disappointed it switched to guns and roses

tbf carl frampton just came out to i wish it could be christmas every day, which somehow is entirely expected for british boxing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

tbf carl frampton just came out to i wish it could be christmas every day, which somehow is entirely expected for british boxing

lmao that owns

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Did buffer announce any other fights or does he get 6 figgies a fight to half arsedly mime sweet caroline and announce the headliner?

he trademarked Let's Get Ready to Rumble, plus he has an exclusive deal with Dazzin' now.

e: you guessed right, ESPN+ commentator, Marching On Together is the Leeds song

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

They are both going to be absolutely hosed by the 5th round

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

chisora is hitting loads of lowblows

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i vaguely have chisora winning but idk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

my stream died rip

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
great fight, Warrington could go another round

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

chisora deserved to lose that point that was an extremely obvious elbow

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

second point deduction. whyte's surely won it given it's been so close

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah rip

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
What a year for Josh Warrington

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

welp points didn't matter

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

whyte’s left hook is the best in boxing

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
That ref was loving crooked. Helluva fight overall, but reminded me why I hate watching British boxing cards. The broadcast crew were jokes as well. Chisora was ahead on my card. Glad to see the official judges’ cards weren’t done before the fight, at least (95-94 x2 Chisora, 95-94 Whyte).

Anyway Whyte’s got a good left hook and not much else. Joshua will destroy him.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 23, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thehappyprince posted:

whyte’s left hook is the best in boxing

that was a savage knockout

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I think chisora was up even with 1 point deduction but i'm a joshua casual

Jose posted:

that was a savage knockout

yeah he needs a CT scan asap.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i wasn't scoring it but i felt chisora was doing the better work. he noticeably tired the last 2 rounds and you could kinda see a knockout/whyte comeback coming tho

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
as a true connoisseur of the sweet science I watched Frampton Warrington instead

that's about the 4th time in a row I've written off Warrington and he's proved me wrong, might be the 5th if he fights Oscar Valdez

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Monday Bandele posted:

as a true connoisseur of the sweet science I watched Frampton Warrington instead

that's about the 4th time in a row I've written off Warrington and he's proved me wrong, might be the 5th if he fights Oscar Valdez

I want him to face Gary Russell Jr in his annual fight.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Both fights were good but I was admittedly paying attention more to Warrington Frampton. Chisora and Whyte seemed like 2 huge waves crashing into each other, they both got good shots in on each other in between big body clashes. It seemed likely one would go through and really turn the tide of the fight, especially as both got really tired. That hook was pretty standard for what Whyte was throwing all night, it just landed clean and at the right moment and went from hard to hellacious. I was genuinely worried for quite a bit, even after they got Chisora up on his feet. Stevenson was also pulled up onto his feet and "standing" and that didn't mean poo poo. But he looks like he'll be fine.

Warrington Frampton wasn't quite the war we probably all expected but had lots of good action, some real points of absolutely insane exchanges. Warrington out worked Frampton pretty much all night, especially to the body when they were in the phone booth. Frampton had plenty of good moments, even potentially fight changing ones but Warrington was unphased. Good fight, Warrington definitely deserves his success.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1076620978539646983

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

vicious hook.

happy for warrington. he's a great boxer.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

They got Jamie Foxx to do a lead in promo for this PBC card. Wonder how much that cost.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Wilder would beat the gently caress out of Brazeale

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah the dude has absolutely no head movement at all.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah the dude has absolutely no head movement at all.

That was basically a toughman fight with better cardio.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Good news

https://twitter.com/yvonmichelGYM/status/1076609376536981504

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
loving lol.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I was not scoring round by round but uhh lmao

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
The best robberies are the ones that make no sense whatsoever so at you least you know it was just incompetence and not corruption. Though I am quite glad one of the Charlos finally took an L even if it was undeserved

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:xcom:

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

The SituAsian posted:

The best robberies are the ones that make no sense whatsoever so at you least you know it was just incompetence and not corruption

they're all great but i agree

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

The best robberies are the ones that make no sense whatsoever so at you least you know it was just incompetence and not corruption. Though I am quite glad one of the Charlos finally took an L even if it was undeserved

Agreed with the first point but not the second, the Charlos own

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
"korobov is not getting hit like he should be"

this commentary is among the worst i've ever heard, which is saying something