Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has Araki ever said if Giorno kept GER or did it go back to normal after defeating Diavolo?

I'm fairly certain that he keeps GER. It appears in Purple Haze Feedback if i remember correctly. But of course i don't know the canonicity of that. But id say that he keeps it because Silver Chariot Requiem persisted after the user died so i would assume that Giorno's would follow suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Okay cause it's making me wonder if Araki had planned for Giorno to show up with the rest of Dio's sons in part 6 and then scrapped that when he couldn't figure out how to write another GER fight.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I remember one of the chapter notes during that part said something like "Dio's sons all converged in one place, shouldn't Giorno be here too? He sure should." and that was the end of it. I figure he didn't include Giorno or Josuke because it would have made things even more complicated.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno got lost in Disney World, I thought this was agreed upon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

I remember one of the chapter notes during that part said something like "Dio's sons all converged in one place, shouldn't Giorno be here too? He sure should." and that was the end of it. I figure he didn't include Giorno or Josuke because it would have made things even more complicated.

That's the thing that makes me think about it a lot. Like if he didn't acknowledge it I wouldn't have even thought about it.

But yeah true on that, the end of part 6 is complicated enough as it is.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
giorno, mista, trish, fugo and shiela e were hanging out at universal studios

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Momomo posted:

At the time I was reading Part 6 I practically hated Giorno and even then I was kind of bummed he didn't appear. I also kind of wish that when we were going around the world seeing the speeding up of time, we would see Joseph and Josuke as well. Makes it especially unfortunate since that could've been their last hurrah before essentially being erased.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Nothing about Giorno's stand is as disappointing than the whole "the stand arrow is intentionally trying to make something happen and requiem stands and/or the souls-going-into-other-peoples bodies thing is a part of that" plot line that is never resolved.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't the soul swap thing the ability of Silver Chariot Requiem?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

Wasn't the soul swap thing the ability of Silver Chariot Requiem?

It was.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Tetracube posted:

Did Araki forget how to write her or has Yasuho always done the stupidest thing possible in every situation and then gotten poo poo in her panties

Couple steps forward, more steps back with her usually

But then again a bunch of weird jojo fans were calling josuke a cuck over letting her save him when all she did was hit a rock dude with a pipe a few times soooo

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

At least her actual personality isn’t taking a hit so much as the creepy situations she gets into. Then again those happened earlier in the manga too. Remember when she randomly got into the Rapemobile when she was under Paper Moon King’s effects? Jojolion in general is just uncomfortably, creepily sexual, and not even in a fan servicey way.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

At least her actual personality isn’t taking a hit so much as the creepy situations she gets into. Then again those happened earlier in the manga too. Remember when she randomly got into the Rapemobile when she was under Paper Moon King’s effects? Jojolion in general is just uncomfortably, creepily sexual, and not even in a fan servicey way.

Araki drew nipples for the first time on Lucy and in Fun Fun Fun and now he's gone mad with power.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has Araki ever said if Giorno kept GER or did it go back to normal after defeating Diavolo?

I went back and re-read the chapters for that, and the Arrow falls out of GE after the fight. Giorno then says he'll keep the arrow in the turtle to keep it safe.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Fun question that means nothing, was Black Sabbath a requiem Stand?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
No because I understood what Black Sabbath was doing at any given time

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

GER works just fine with the continuation of Kira's "your Stand evolved to give you exactly what you needed" thing going on in 4. It's Silver Chariot's weirdness that kind of confuses everything since that wasn't going to really help anyone.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Hey it killed Doppio for them. And also Narancia sort of. Look, it tried ok.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Momomo posted:

Hey it killed Doppio for them. And also Narancia sort of. Look, it tried ok.

He means well, Silver Chariot is a Good Boy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Silver Chariot just wanted to give everyone cool stand souls or at least I think that's what was happening to everyone near the end.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Johnny Joestar posted:

giorno is the worst example of it in the series. i wouldn't even blink if there was a fight where he won because sometime in the beginning he turned a handful of rocks into weird stag beetles that only eat a particular kind of moss which he handily also turned part of a wall into and while everything was going on he waited for them to eat enough of the moss until the wall fell onto the villain during some monologue. it would just be Another Giorno Thing.

compare to johnny whose ultimate power of 'actually, you're hosed entirely' is only achieved in a particular state after a long bout of personal development and the death of his best friend, and he almost ends up icing himself with it at one point. which i realize sounds kind of biased given my current username and such but it genuinely is much better handled than part 5's whole wet fart of a 'climax'. maybe the anime will make things better in my eyes. anything's possible. as it stands i'm just excited about the stuff along the way to the end, not the end itself.

My favourite thing about pt7 is how Tusk goes from what sounds like a joke stand, all the way to "this is the hard counter to one of the most powerful stands of all time".

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
did anyone ever read the second Part 5 Light Novel cause im losing it at the character named Rigatoni who was Mista's ex partner with the Stand, Public Image Limited

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Darko posted:

GER works just fine with the continuation of Kira's "your Stand evolved to give you exactly what you needed" thing going on in 4. It's Silver Chariot's weirdness that kind of confuses everything since that wasn't going to really help anyone.

Yeah, was that actually a 3rd ability for Killer Queen or was it Killer Queen Requiem?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
its a third ability, the distinction is if the stand gets stabbed the arrow or if the user does

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

My favourite thing about pt7 is how Tusk goes from what sounds like a joke stand, all the way to "this is the hard counter to one of the most powerful stands of all time".

best part of tusk was Johnny showing off that he could eat spaghetti and grate cheese with his ability

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm responding to a post from the anime thread that's difficult to address without manga spoilers:

Darth Walrus posted:

I think it makes more thematic sense for Fugo to be specifically wronged in some way, even if you can debate what way that should have been. The whole, consistent concept of Bruno's squad is that they became criminals to find justice. They didn't just fail to fit into civil society - they experienced an injustice that it was incapable of handling, and were taken by that to a criminal who wanted to bring peace, order, and happiness through criminality. Without a deserving target to rage out against, Fugo doesn't easily fit into that 'sometimes, you just have to break the law' pattern.

I actually suspect that to the extent that Fugo doesn't quite fit in in this regard, it's intentional. While Araki didn't originally intend Fugo to just leave the story halfway through like that, the point would work even more strongly if Fugo had been a traitor the way Araki initially planned: Fugo isn't really fighting for justice the way the other members of Bruno's group are. He's just a smart guy who can't control his anger.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Funky Valentine posted:

Giorno got lost in Disney World, I thought this was agreed upon.

giorno got on a plane to florida but joseph was also on that plane

Zerilan posted:

best part of tusk was Johnny showing off that he could eat spaghetti and grate cheese with his ability

and clean his teeth!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
drat I'm jealous

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Darko posted:

Polnareff was just mad at the gangstars when SC got requiem'd

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm sad we didn't meet Mr. President yet in the anime, so I have to post this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKkhvF0ftDk

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Echoes Act 3 has to punch something to Freeze it right? Then how does he Freeze Kira's hand from afar at the end of Part 4?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Punched it. Echoes' range went down as it evolved, but I would imagine there's still range there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He was 5 meters away and clearly didn't punch it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, you're not a Stand user, so obviously you couldn't see what happened :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another anime post:

RaspberryCommie posted:

So would you rather have Purple Haze or Ebony Devil?

The stand that could indiscriminately kill you, your enemy and everyone you care about, or the one where you have to get hurt to use it?

Again, I am super excited for them to see B.I.G.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

Echoes Act 3 has to punch something to Freeze it right? Then how does he Freeze Kira's hand from afar at the end of Part 4?

Reread some of Part 4 and he only has to punch to Freeze the first time he appears, then he can use it from a distance. I guess it evolved like Heaven’s Door.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/65kimetane/status/1077331501665026048

Narancia Home Alone

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

It’s too late to find out the man with a shovel actually has a heart of gold...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

I love how relevant this is going to be in a few weeks and the anime-only people have no idea.