Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
A quick reminder of the quality of work that Ben Garrison is super fuckin' proud of

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/1072153966291562496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

These really loving suck.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I didn't know it was possible to hate cream of mushroom soup that much.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Somfin posted:

A quick reminder of the quality of work that Ben Garrison is super fuckin' proud of

Oh god. Late 90's/early 00's Flash flashbacks.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Was I the only one who found it funny how Garrison links to the "fake news" CNN there?

Not only does he link to it, but if you click to through the article, Garrison's well-thought-out blog post is literally just a bunch of sentences copy-pasted from the CNN report.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Somfin posted:

Is he making a loving QAnon cartoon? :laffo:

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

InsertPotPun posted:

And I'm absolutely sure his opinion wouldn't have changed if, say, Obama had been president when all those drug fiend murderers were just set free on innocent society. Notice they are represented by genderless, faceless, raceless shadows?

Maybe, but Garrison didn't quite have full on brain worms back then. Only when he started pandering to the /pol/ crowd (who previously had kept trolling him) did he go full on batshit insane.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

AngrySpork posted:

Maybe, but Garrison didn't quite have full on brain worms back then. Only when he started pandering to the /pol/ crowd (who previously had kept trolling him) did he go full on batshit insane.

Eh, the cartoons /pol/ trolled him over were pro-Libertarian, “big faceless Federal Reserve runs your life, both parties are the same, vote Ron Paul” weirdness with faceless Illuminati symbols

The man always had brain worms, they’re just bigger from a steady diet of alt-right media

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

President Trump got off the phone with Turkish President Erdogan and announced he’s pulling the troops out of Syria. And Secretary of Defense James Mattis resigned.

Democrats and Republicans found common ground slamming the Syria pullout decision. They say the pullout sells out the Kurds and creates a vacuum that ISIS will fill. Same as when Obama pulled out of Iraq. (At least the Republicans say that.)

But Reason’s Nick Gillespie and Andrew McCarthy of NR think Trump did the right thing. If we stay in Syria we’d have to choose sides in a war between Turkey and the Kurds. Erdogan’s nasty but Turkey is a NATO ally. Besides, we’re there illegally. Congress never approved it and that makes it unconstitutional.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
wtf i love government shutdowns now

InsertPotPun posted:

And I'm absolutely sure his opinion wouldn't have changed if, say, Obama had been president when all those drug fiend murderers were just set free on innocent society. Notice they are represented by genderless, faceless, raceless shadows?

Fister Roboto posted:

He would be screaming his head off about being "soft on crime" if a democrat did this.
Yeah, any of Trump's base celebrating this is being pretty disingenuous about their reasons and "soft on crime" is the epitome of how this would be framed for literally any Democrat. Garrison, at one time, might've been more for this legitimately (hell he did that comic once about abusive cops) but there's a zero percent chance his current cheerleading leaves any wiggle room there.
Also as pointed out Trump didn't do poo poo

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vargo posted:

Not only does he link to it, but if you click to through the article, Garrison's well-thought-out blog post is literally just a bunch of sentences copy-pasted from the CNN report.

I'm no expert, but, wouldn't that be grounds for plagiarism?
I mean, he makes his living off of his cartoons and blogposts, or does linking to CNN at the bottom clear him?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

the_steve posted:

I'm no expert, but, wouldn't that be grounds for plagiarism?
I mean, he makes his living off of his cartoons and blogposts, or does linking to CNN at the bottom clear him?

Sure it's copying without permission, but there aren't any Plagiarism Police running around to get him

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
I write for a newswire and I see my work plagerized on the web all the time. It doesn't really bother me until I see someone else put their name on my work, but even then :shrug:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I don't believe you have any love for anyone who isn't yourself in your cold, black, shriveled heart, duck. Is this your way of saying you only got presents for yourself this year?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Y'know, this one would actually be kind of cute if I didn't have the prior knowledge that Prickly City desperately, desperately wants to be taken as seriously as Calvin and Hobbes. I can't help be skeptical and cynical about any strip that doesn't end with the message of "anyway, vote Republican!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RoboRodent posted:

I don't believe you have any love for anyone who isn't yourself in your cold, black, shriveled heart, duck. Is this your way of saying you only got presents for yourself this year?

He sends a big pile of money to his best friend, Jack Daniels.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Really hard to take Tinsley’s upcoming 2-3 of Christmas Spiritual Reflection when just prior to that he spent about twice as much time ranting about soup. Then he’ll spend four times as much making up lame New Year’s jokes so he can draw one fewer panel.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

the_steve posted:

He sends a big pile of money to his best friend, Jack Daniels.

I don't know. Jack Daniels recently did that thing where they acknowledge the contributions of a black man in the creation of their whiskey, so probably not too high in Tinsley's regard right now.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

The clue for when a cartoon is truly deep is when the duck changes costume after every single panel.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Hogge Wild posted:

nah, the poster above you had it right, spartan citizen soldiers were gentry militia

I'm the opposite of an expert on that period of history so I'm sure I'm mistaken. Whatever the nature of the army, the Spartans were famous for relying solely on it as a defense. Which makes sense I guess considering sources suggest that Spartan society was built around the fear of helot revolt; holing up in the city wouldn't work against a domestic revolt the same way it would for an invading army.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Hogge Wild posted:

nah, the poster above you had it right, spartan citizen soldiers were gentry militia
"nah, the sky is definitely green" is not really much of an argument.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

"I wonder if I can ask dad to send everyone in heaven straight to hell"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
:siren: You have until December 31st, 2018 to contribute to the 2018 D&D charity/blood drive for an avatar and/or gangtag! :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The baubles of Christmas present - Chris Riddell on a year not to be proud of"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent on Sunday:

US government shutdown goes ahead amid deadlock over Trump's wall

Sunday Times:

Merry Christmas to you all, and I'll see you in a few days.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ugh

UGH

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I will never understand how a man who has spent the better part of thirty years making comic strips about a pointy-haired boss would vote for the biggest pointy-haired boss of all for president. gently caress Adams.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sometimes I wish I didn't know why this is so horrible. But I do.
And now my wife does, because spreading misery is just my thing.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I will never understand how a man who has spent the better part of thirty years making comic strips about a pointy-haired boss would vote for the biggest pointy-haired boss of all for president. gently caress Adams.

Something something linguistic killshot.

No, really, that was his reasoning.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Well the implications of this comic aren't terrifying.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

TFW you learn that Scott Adams' self-insert is the boss and not Dilbert

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:brainworms:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

That's because the PHB gradually became the protagonist and author-insert, replacing Dilbert as the star of the strip.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 23, 2018

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Could anyone in this thread repost the weirdly racist Perry Bible Fellowship comic from earlier this year? The artist deleted it and I can't figure out how far back it was posted in the thread.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

im on the net me boys posted:

Could anyone in this thread repost the weirdly racist Perry Bible Fellowship comic from earlier this year? The artist deleted it and I can't figure out how far back it was posted in the thread.

I want to see this too now, it sounds extremely disappointing.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Somfin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

im on the net me boys posted:

:stonk: Not PBF! Nooooooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything