Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Jaguars! posted:

If we're talking constitutional amendments how about one that stops you electing senile leaders of the free world

Age discrimination is terrible and wrong (unless you are a qualified young person competing for a promotion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh hey it's Tessa Thompson :cool:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really like Tessa Thompson but she seems to be in everything right now and I worry that she'll go through the same actor fatigue that JLaw did.

I don't think Chris Hemsworth is a good actor.

I will still watch this movie, and the salt people are giving for not having Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in it is hilarious. Goddamn guys it's one of those few movies that I would say 'yes, you can and should franchise this'

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cops: Asgard is looking great.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Happy Festivus. I hate all of you.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

EBB posted:

Happy Festivus. I hate all of you.

I got a lot of problems with you people!

This only ends when someone pins the mod in the feats of strength

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Vasudus posted:

I really like Tessa Thompson but she seems to be in everything right now and I worry that she'll go through the same actor fatigue that JLaw did.

I don't think Chris Hemsworth is a good actor.

I will still watch this movie, and the salt people are giving for not having Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in it is hilarious. Goddamn guys it's one of those few movies that I would say 'yes, you can and should franchise this'

tbh i hated 2 and 3. the first one has a gritty charm to it that is completely lost in the sequels.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Tryzzub posted:

tbh i hated 2 and 3. the first one has a gritty charm to it that is completely lost in the sequels.

I can't say I hated 2 and 3, but I remember nothing at all about them, which is not a good sign! I know I saw 2. Can't even remember if I saw 3. That said, MIB seems like the kind of thing that does franchise well, as opposed to tacking spin-offs and sequels to contained stories.

Vasudus posted:

This isn't a jab at you, personally, but this is a thing leveled at up and coming women that you really don't see as often leveled at up and coming men. The only actors recently where I can recall a general backlash were maybe... Gerard Butler (but he legit sucks as an actor and is prolific rather than high profile), and then maybe Daniel Radcliffe and Robert Pattinson, but that was more a reaction of their decided attempt to get away from being known as the dudes from harry potter and twilight.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll wait for the promised jump street/mib crossover movie. I'm not a Liam Neeson fan either. His schtick was old with Taken 2 and it's only gotten worse with time. Should've been him that went out on that ski trip fall.

I categorically place anything he does voiceover work for on a lower level than the ancient aliens/curse of oak island voice guy, Robert Clotworthy. I can at least tolerate that guy when I'm even slightly stoned. Listening to Liam Neesons' voice is like going to festival dedicated to scratching chalkboards with rakes made of nails in comparison.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I liked 3, hated 2.

mlmp08 posted:

I can't say I hated 2 and 3, but I remember nothing at all about them, which is not a good sign! I know I saw 2. Can't even remember if I saw 3. That said, MIB seems like the kind of thing that does franchise well, as opposed to tacking spin-offs and sequels to contained stories.

This isn't a jab at you, personally, but this is a thing leveled at up and coming women that you really don't see as often leveled at up and coming men. The only actors recently where I can recall a general backlash were maybe... Gerard Butler (but he legit sucks as an actor and is prolific rather than high profile), and then maybe Daniel Radcliffe and Robert Pattinson, but that was more a reaction of their decided attempt to get away from being known as the dudes from harry potter and twilight.

I also think that Josh Brolin was in too many things this year too, since he was in Deadpool 2, Infinity War, and Sicaro 2 pretty much back to back. But yeah I agree that people unfairly target women for that. I only bring it up because I can totally see some trash rag saying "Tessa Thompson: overplayed?" and then poof, she isn't in anything anymore.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Now, we are proper hosed.

https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/1076878746223812608

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

gently caress

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

It took him this long to realise the resignation letter was taking the piss out of him.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hexyflexy posted:

It took him this long to realise the resignation letter was taking the piss out of him.

He doesn't read. (He can't read) So it took him this long for him to see Fox News chewing the scenery about how Mattis has betrayed out biggly president with his mean words.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

egyptian rat race posted:

Age discrimination is terrible and wrong (unless you are a qualified young person competing for a promotion)

Being old is bad. Full stop.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
One of my wife's federal EEO sessions was an old white man spending about 5 minutes saying don't be racist/sexist and then 55 minutes explaining how young people are out to gently caress over old people and you need to keep them in check and/or fire them as soon as possible if you suspect they have an anti-old bias.

This same training day included the head manager teaching all the other managers how to get away with breaking labor laws without getting into too much trouble.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
hey cool it's 12:01 that's the afternoon

<cracks open a beer>

it's day drinking now, not morning drinking

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fully expecting my Saint Mattis-adoring coworkers to reevalute their stance on the value of Mr. Trump's leadership when I see them next week

lmao as if

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

mlmp08 posted:

Counterpoint: Jeremy Renner

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

He doesn't read. (He can't read) So it took him this long for him to see Fox News chewing the scenery about how Mattis has betrayed out biggly president with his mean words.

It's absolutely amazing how lazy he is and/or how he has no ability to read for comprehension. They're essentially confirming that you're right!

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/1076887936162037760?s=19

The other thing is that staff members believe that he's gotten "meaner" since Hope Hicks left. I wonder if he goes to bed wishing he wasn't President!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Arcella posted:

jeremy renner is incredibly boring & generic

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How soon until Trump starts belittling Mattis on twitter?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fister Roboto posted:

How soon until Trump starts belittling Mattis on twitter?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076663817831153664?s=20

Negative time?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

I wonder if he goes to bed wishing he wasn't President!

Heck, who says he can't relate to the common man!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

psydude posted:

My first BC always asked new lieutenants if they'd rather have a hard working, stupid soldier or a smart, lazy soldier. Many of them would answer they'd rather have the hard working dumbass. He'd then correct them, pointing out that a hard working moron will work that much harder to gently caress things up.

George W. Bush was that hard working moron.

W made me want to apologize to the world that that dumbshit was POTUS. What a difference a decade makes, though.

Tryzzub posted:

Rick and Morty described them (at least 2) best: Joyless Cash Grab. I couldn't take Johnny Goddamn Knoxville seriously as even a cartoony villain.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Arcella posted:

Counterpoint: anyone thinking Daniel Radcliff is a typecast 2D actor needs to see Swiss Army Man

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Soulex posted:

Counterpoint: anyone thinking Daniel Radcliff is a typecast 2D actor needs to see Swiss Army Man
He's not typecast at all. He did his huge franchise and moved on to do whatever he wanted.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Casimir Radon posted:

He's not typecast at all. He did his huge franchise and moved on to do whatever he wanted.

Yeah, but he used to have that label. People like labels

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

I feel like since there's a minimum age to be president then there shouldn't be an argument against a maximum age too. Age bias is already legalized for president.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Just to be clear, my point was that Jeremy Renner was everywhere despite being bad.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Radcliff does all sorts of weird roles and he's usually pretty good. Seems like an ideal career IMO.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

my kinda ape posted:

Radcliff does all sorts of weird roles and he's usually pretty good. Seems like an ideal career IMO.

Wasn't he Igor in a version of Frankenstein?

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
Swiss Army Man is a great movie.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mr_Ruckus posted:

I feel like since there's a minimum age to be president then there shouldn't be an argument against a maximum age too. Age bias is already legalized for president.

Airline pilots and and traffic controllers are de jure forcibly retired at 60 too, there's no excuse for leaving boomers office-eligible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BigDave posted:

Wasn't he Igor in a version of Frankenstein?

Yep.

Renner was good in Tag. That was a surprisingly fun movie.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Being old is bad. Full stop.

I have to concur. I'm 50 and it sucks already.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm not a Liam Neeson fan either. His schtick was old with Taken 2 and it's only gotten worse with time.

I think he's someone who's been typecast lately. Liam Neeson played Dr. Kinsey. Liam Neeson was loving Darkman!

I don't need a sequel to Darkman, but I would like more of "come see the dancing freak" Neeson.

(PS watch Darkman)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Radcliffe does whatever he wants which is rad, he was a good Harry Potter and I like his weirdo roles

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

(PS watch Darkman)

Yo. This. I've loved that movie since I was a kid. I went to my Middle School's Halloween dance dressed as Darkman.
No one knew who I was, but I was so happy that I didn't care.

Neeson said in interviews that he only did Taken for pay, expecting it wouldnt go anywhere, because no would believe a 50+ yo man being a serious action actor. Then it turned into a cultural meme, a franchise, and typecast him into Problem Solving Through Punching Man for this period of his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Radcliffe does whatever he wants which is rad, he was a good Harry Potter and I like his weirdo roles

He’s probably made enough money from Harry Potter that he can Patrick Stewards his way through life from now on.

Just do whatever he feels like, makes whatever money that pays. Basically artistic nirvana.