Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

A SOF Marine posted:

Swiss Army Man is a great movie.

If my best friend hides his farts from me then what else is he hiding from me, and why does that make me feel so alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think he's someone who's been typecast lately. Liam Neeson played Dr. Kinsey. Liam Neeson was loving Darkman!

I don't need a sequel to Darkman, but I would like more of "come see the dancing freak" Neeson.

(PS watch Darkman)

Darkman was on the other night and was an absolute blast. I saw part of the once when I was a kid and always figured it was something weird but I didn't know how great it was.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/FloridaMan__/st...ingawful.com%2F

Edit: gently caress it's not even current I'm dumb

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It brings to mind the old joke- how do you give a redneck a circumsision? Kick his sister in the jaw.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Piccolo doesn’t have a dick either so it’s canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHzzBn3iQU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wouldnt it be his brother's cousin too?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
POTUS: HEY NOOCHIE, GO TALK TO THE BANKS ABOUT THEIR LOAN RESERVES AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK

SecTreasury: Uh... I'm on vacation in Mexico, what do you want me to do?

POTUS: THE STOCK MARKET IS MELTING AND I NEED TO DO SOMETHING, SEND OUT A RELEASE CALMING EVERYONE AND LETTING EVERYONE KNOW THE BANKS ARE FINE

SecTreasury: Uh... I don't think that would be a good idea. There's no reason for it and everyone would freak ou-

POTUS: I TURNED MAD DOG INTO SAD DOG AND YOU GAVE ME THIS BULLSHIT FED CHAIR, SO FUCKIN DO IT

https://twitter.com/stevenmnuchin1/status/1076958380361543681

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1077007158317891584

Donnie's flailing and pushing himself in the face again.

Edit: LITERALLY AS I POSTED THIS, WHAT IN THE FLYING gently caress

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1077012418377773057

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Yes, ha ha ha... YES!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The gently caress is a plunge protection team?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

POTUS: HEY NOOCHIE, GO TALK TO THE BANKS ABOUT THEIR LOAN RESERVES AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK

SecTreasury: Uh... I'm on vacation in Mexico, what do you want me to do?

POTUS: THE STOCK MARKET IS MELTING AND I NEED TO DO SOMETHING, SEND OUT A RELEASE CALMING EVERYONE AND LETTING EVERYONE KNOW THE BANKS ARE FINE

SecTreasury: Uh... I don't think that would be a good idea. There's no reason for it and everyone would freak ou-

POTUS: I TURNED MAD DOG INTO SAD DOG AND YOU GAVE ME THIS BULLSHIT FED CHAIR, SO FUCKIN DO IT

https://twitter.com/stevenmnuchin1/status/1076958380361543681

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1077007158317891584

Donnie's flailing and pushing himself in the face again.

Edit: LITERALLY AS I POSTED THIS, WHAT IN THE FLYING gently caress

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1077012418377773057

No liquidity issues, no. :lol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oh man can't loving WAIT to see what Brainworm McGrifterstein comes up with to manage the markets. Gonna be a wild loving ride when the galaxy-brain-in-chief convinces himself the gold standard is the only answer or whatever the gently caress and all the eggheads screaming at him are just too dumb to understand the genius solution his gut came up with.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Democrats own the shutdown and crashing economy!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It’s going to be a red red Christmas miracle.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

bird food bathtub posted:

Oh man can't loving WAIT to see what Brainworm McGrifterstein comes up with to manage the markets. Gonna be a wild loving ride when the galaxy-brain-in-chief convinces himself the gold standard is the only answer or whatever the gently caress and all the eggheads screaming at him are just too dumb to understand the genius solution his gut came up with.

Knowing Donnie someone is going to explain to him how the Fed can print money and his response will be to start issuing million dollar bills with his face on them.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1076566723157991424

Wow, I actually agreed with something Bill Kristol tweeted. Never thought that'd happen.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

FrozenVent posted:

The gently caress is a plunge protection team?

The mind reels with possibilities, but I assume a group who is supposed to find the big economy lever and push it from "bad" to "good."

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I am also in Cabo right now. Can I volunteer for the plunge protection team???

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 24, 2018

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

The mind reels with possibilities, but I assume a group who is supposed to find the big economy lever and push it from "bad" to "good."

Reagan had his voodoo economists, Trump has his spin doctors.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Here's a seriously :stare: article from WaPo about how with a rebel defeat looking all the more likely, Assad's regime is escalating the pace of executing its prisoners. There's satellite pictures that show prison cemeteries growing increasingly full since the beginning of 2018- which is basically when the regime managed to push out the last rebel bastions near Damascus.

Sednaya Prison, the main prison in Damascus, is directly visible from the presidential palace. I really do hope that someday Assad dies a horrifying violent and bloody death, and lives just long enough to realize what's happening to him. He and his entire family are monsters, and deserve the worst of what fate has to offer.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

M_Gargantua posted:

It’s going to be a red red Christmas miracle.

I had a friend argue with me yesterday that Trump was driving the stock market up.

Then she moved the goalposts to “since his election, it’s up.”

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

I had a friend argue with me yesterday that Trump was driving the stock market up.

Then she moved the goalposts to “since his election, it’s up.”

I usually ask them, "OK, the 'market' went up. What did that do for you?" Turns out not many people who are living paycheck to paycheck get any benefit from the market, but they'll get a whole lot of pain when Donnie Smoothbrain's sugar-high fiscal policy makes the next crash even worse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Soulex posted:

Wouldnt it be his brother's cousin too?

The hosed up thing is no

DoktorLoken posted:

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1076566723157991424

Wow, I actually agreed with something Bill Kristol tweeted. Never thought that'd happen.

It's rare as gently caress but in this hosed up timeline I've had the same reaction before too. Surprised the hell out of me

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 24, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I usually ask them, "OK, the 'market' went up. What did that do for you?" Turns out not many people who are living paycheck to paycheck get any benefit from the market, but they'll get a whole lot of pain when Donnie Smoothbrain's sugar-high fiscal policy makes the next crash even worse.

:ssh: they don't care about those people :ssh:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

One of my favorite things about the tax cuts is if Republicans hadn't passed them, the Fed wouldn't be increasing interest rates at the pace it is right now.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

psydude posted:

One of my favorite things about the tax cuts is if Republicans hadn't passed them, the Fed wouldn't be increasing interest rates at the pace it is right now.

Exactly!

Which is why we need MORE tax cuts! Infinity tax cuts, now and forever!

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
ay lmao

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

drat, he's really done it now. Since the only thing Republicans actually care about is money, will this actually get them on board with impeachment or at the very least not re-nominating him in 2020?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Merry Christmas, you dinguses

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1077225810329825281

Marry Chrimstas GIP

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1077231267559755776

Truly some Galaxy Brain poo poo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

He's gonna make Bitcoin the official currency isn't he

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

He's gonna make Bitcoin the official currency isn't he

Which is also crashing.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Merry Christmas GIP

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I think this is the point Senate Republicans start seriously thinking about President Pence because lol at this poo poo.

Tanking the economy and causing a financial crisis to own the libs might be a bridge too far.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Merry Christmas GIP

:same:

Gonna go walk my dogs on my in laws farm and ignore the news for the next 48 hours.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Here lies the Fed, he never scored

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

He knows more about the economy than the Fed, he knows more about war and foreign conflicts than generals, he knows more about international relations than seasoned State Department officials and foreign policy wonks, he knows more about basically everything than anyone else. Truly he is the smartest person on the planet. People that have spent 40 plus years working and learning about a topic that they are passionate about, are no match for our great president.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Beside the point, but anyone who tries to make fun of me because I can't putt in TYOOL 2018 is getting shoved in a locker

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

It's Christmas Theo, it's the time for miracles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Bored As gently caress posted:

He knows more about the economy than the Fed, he knows more about war and foreign conflicts than generals, he knows more about international relations than seasoned State Department officials and foreign policy wonks, he knows more about basically everything than anyone else. Truly he is the smartest person on the planet. People that have spent 40 plus years working and learning about a topic that they are passionate about, are no match for our great president.

I bet he knows how to do this bloody jigsaw better than me. He should have a mailing address for the solving.. like santa.

e: Joyful Festivus to you all.

Hexyflexy fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 24, 2018