Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Hey folks, Palladion here. I run Something Drawful occasionally out of the League Discord server, which is the only reason to be in that server, imo. A lot of it is in jokes and making fun of Keeby, but fun times are had by all. At least, I certainly hope Keeby does and that we aren't driving him to suicide because I love the guy.

We play Drawful and various other Jackbox games! Of course you'll get gems like this one, and many more! Come and join us sometime!

Edit: I'm not up now, but here's a link anyway in case you'd rather get a notification. https://twitch.tv/tastylemondrops

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 23, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:piss:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Flash

Malah
May 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6e8OQGzu_0

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I run Something Drawful occasionally out of the League Discord server, which is the only reason to be in that server, imo.

The league discord is pretty good imho

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Continuing my "Rammus is ridiculous in solo queue" after 60 games I have a winrate of 80.7% on him in ranked. The toxic champions are just hard countered by him so hard and in teamfights hes a little ball of AoE taunting death. It reaches a point where you want to see a Yasuo/Yi team because they both straight up lose.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Servaetes posted:

The league discord is pretty good imho

I'm just bring facetious. It is excellent.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Lid posted:

Continuing my "Rammus is ridiculous in solo queue" after 60 games I have a winrate of 80.7% on him in ranked. The toxic champions are just hard countered by him so hard and in teamfights hes a little ball of AoE taunting death. It reaches a point where you want to see a Yasuo/Yi team because they both straight up lose.

how do you deal with his biggest weakness which is being boring?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

d0grent posted:

I;m bored in diamond bitch

Malah
May 18, 2015

If you want fun then play Amumu. Rammus is for committing psychological terrorism against your opponent.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

d0grent posted:

What's boring about being a 100 miles an hour pinball that is a relentless juggernaut rolling towards low health enemies as they desperately try to walk away? By Max level he is the fastest thing in the game.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Malah posted:

If you want fun then play Amumu. Rammus is for committing psychological terrorism against your opponent.

Also yes. Taunt is the best cc in the entire game and they are powerless to resist.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Can't people just buy Quicksilv --

actually i'm just gonna stop myself there nobody buys QS in SoloQ

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Malah posted:

One in the same

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Can't people just buy Quicksilv --

actually i'm just gonna stop myself there nobody buys QS in SoloQ
They'll buy it, but forget to ever use it

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

They won't buy it, they don't even buy it for Malzahar, even when I specifically yell at them to.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

d0grent posted:

If you don't think it's fun to pick an enemy carry and then declare "you are no longer allowed to play this game" then I don't know what to tell you.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I heard 100 CS at 10:00 is how you know you're doing well, but that seems impossible to me. I get almost all of my last hits in but I feel like I'm nowhere even close to that ideal normally, even if I start massively overextending to try to catch up. It doesn't even feel like there's 100 minions spawned in that time. Is that some pro-only thing or am I missing something or what?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

d0grent posted:

with the power of mental illness bitch

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Can someone explain this pre season ranked placement poo poo? Last time I did league ranked (like 2015 I was plat, now each game says I’m being placed in iron? What gives?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I heard 100 CS at 10:00 is how you know you're doing well, but that seems impossible to me. I get almost all of my last hits in but I feel like I'm nowhere even close to that ideal normally, even if I start massively overextending to try to catch up. It doesn't even feel like there's 100 minions spawned in that time. Is that some pro-only thing or am I missing something or what?

At 10:00 there’s ~110 minions that have spawned and reached the lane

So you need to go 6/6 or 7/7 on more than half the waves to hit 100 at 10:00, other keys include:

1) recalling when the wave is pushing so you miss as few cs as possible

2) :siren: not dying :siren:

It’s definitely possible for non-pros but looking at the numbers gives you an idea of how little margin for error there is

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

you should be above that if youre doing last hitting practice. i wouldnt hold anyone to that unless their lane opponent is basically not in the game. you can probably do it consistently if you outclass your opponent, but then you should just be killing them instead

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Yeah it’s wild how the best players in the world have OTHER pros against them in lane who know how to trade/harass on an elite level and they still all hit incredible cs numbers

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i think as players get better, the standard lane state for two evenish players is less aggro, especially as you reach pro play

edit: actually this doesn't really hold up in solo queue. my intuition is that it would if you could, say, hold meaningful and important pro-style games with plat players

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 24, 2018

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's more that pros are not going to be hard engaging on each other when they are in the middle of CS'ing. If you watch a pro duo lane play there's a real cadence to how they meet waves, trade while clearing them, and then engage when they have minion/spell advantage. Or if one lane is dominant the other will just CS under tower and try to avoid any engage at all.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
guys i just unlocked mastery 7 with annie. i even got an s+ game the one game i played her jungle. im only like 60 games in on annie but i feel like i can see the mechanical ceiling on her, and im not that far off? can anyone recommend a slightly harder champion that will push me to improve more as a player. im spamming ahri right now so someone other than her. i want to relearn the game and get to diamond playing only mages for next season. ive gotten older since season 1, my mechanics and reaction times have suffered to say the least.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Slaapaav posted:

guys i just unlocked mastery 7 with annie. i even got an s+ game the one game i played her jungle. im only like 60 games in on annie but i feel like i can see the mechanical ceiling on her, and im not that far off? can anyone recommend a slightly harder champion that will push me to improve more as a player. im spamming ahri right now so someone other than her. i want to relearn the game and get to diamond playing only mages for next season. ive gotten older since season 1, my mechanics and reaction times have suffered to say the least.

orianna and, if you really want a challenge, ryze.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yeah but cs is relevant to the game. if you have 65 cs top, but 2 kills, you are still doing well(a kill is roughly worth 17cs), and if everyone else has 50cs because the game has a lot of early game fights and etc, your cs is insane. so while 100/10 is the standard, it is not like everyone expects you to get it. 80/10 is a reasonable goal

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verviticus posted:

i think as players get better, the standard lane state for two evenish players is less aggro, especially as you reach pro play

edit: actually this doesn't really hold up in solo queue. my intuition is that it would if you could, say, hold meaningful and important pro-style games with plat players

I could swear I replied an effortpost to iterate on these thoughts but either the posting limbo consumed it or I forgot to post and closed the tab. I just got owned.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

nobody looks at cs stats in a vacuum, as long as yours is greater than than the enemy laner youre a god gamer. if youre more then a wave down that means you lost the lane and we should forfeit

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Slaapaav posted:

TF

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Hey folks, Palladion here. I run Something Drawful occasionally out of the League Discord server, which is the only reason to be in that server, imo. A lot of it is in jokes and making fun of Keeby, but fun times are had by all. At least, I certainly hope Keeby does and that we aren't driving him to suicide because I love the guy.

We play Drawful and various other Jackbox games! Of course you'll get gems like this one, and many more! Come and join us sometime!

Edit: I'm not up now, but here's a link anyway in case you'd rather get a notification. https://twitch.tv/tastylemondrops

drawful is such a lovely jackbox game tho

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I rarely played last season and decayed from plat 1 to g1. I started again during this preseason. Man is it me or people roam a lot more? I am playing mid and I play pretty far up but I never use to get roamed on by toplaners as much as I've have been this preseason.

Another thing I really love that we can play anything botlane instead of just Marksmen, I know some people use to play random poo poo bot before but if you lost you were considered "troll" and reported. The only non adc botlaner which was common was Morde and even he never saw play.

Been spamming Yasuo, Irelia, Galio. They seem free elo. Yasuo you either get camped and feed or 1v9. So far lost 2 promos to Plat when I just needed 1 win.

Also I just got gifted Nightbringer Yasuo and holy gently caress, I have ALOT of skins and most of the ultimates but this skin feels loving smooth. I don't know what it is but his animations are so crisp on this. There definitely is some gameplay difference in some skins albeit very marginally. It is definitely my favorite skin in the game now.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

maev posted:

Can someone explain this pre season ranked placement poo poo? Last time I did league ranked (like 2015 I was plat, now each game says I’m being placed in iron? What gives?

hey this post got missed. ranked goons?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Pretty sure every unranked account starts at Iron IV now. Your MMR might be far higher than that and you might be getting stupidly high amounts of LP to make climbing easy, but the visible rank will start at Iron.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ulio I ain't quoting your post but anecdotally I feel the general standard of play has gone up over time, particularly in a macro sense. Team mates are calling objectives way more often, the enemy support roams a lot more, etc

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

el dingo posted:

Ulio I ain't quoting your post but anecdotally I feel the general standard of play has gone up over time, particularly in a macro sense. Team mates are calling objectives way more often, the enemy support roams a lot more, etc

yeah, the standard of play has gone up generally because of the popularity of streams, pro play, etc. in the past there was a lot more misinformation that went around, with people calling useless poo poo op and saying things like "bronze meta" exists, but with how many bronze to challenger and etc videos available on the internet the only way to be as bad as bronze players used to be would be to be willfully ignorant and specifically avoiding all the resources out there to improve.

another thing is that the information is spreading sort of like herd immunity to bad play, so even if in your games you personally never looked up proper strategies, some guy did, and people who are capable of recognizing patterns will learn "the things that guy is doing made them clean house, so i must do the same thing to do well". in that matter the game standard of play is continually rising and the old "bronze players have no idea how to play and just roam around in the forest for hours" standard is becoming less and less prevalent

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Let the record show that pog is posting while probated via what I assume is witchcraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The forums have been having issues today with what I assume is all the goon Christmas traffic. Posts have been disappearing and reappearing.