Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

nimby posted:

Part of it is also most surely for propaganda purposes. Can't recruit a power base if you don't at least pretend to believe you can topple the King.

White maybe gets around the restrictions by not being 1 person, but a melding of 5.

It might be his sorcery that gives him a chance, since sorcery is beyond the rules of the Tower and is forbidden. He targets his father, though.

There might be something in his father's advice to leave and come back as a demon. Besides being a metaphor for being a revolutionary, perhaps embracing monstrous means like sorcery is the only way to be able to kill a family head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I kind of figured that the Slayers are there to keep the family heads at bay, rather than actually killing or even defeating them. An Irregular killing Jahad is a possibility, but an Irregular killing Jahad while fighting off 10 immortal heroes at the same time? There could be the possibility of sealing the family heads away after they've been beaten up, like how Enne Jahad got locked away. Even tiring them out a bit before sending in an irregular to finish them off would be really helpful I bet.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

It might be his sorcery that gives him a chance, since sorcery is beyond the rules of the Tower and is forbidden. He targets his father, though.

There might be something in his father's advice to leave and come back as a demon. Besides being a metaphor for being a revolutionary, perhaps embracing monstrous means like sorcery is the only way to be able to kill a family head.

Speaking of sorcery, why in the world can that one enforcer Regular guy using spells (the one who creates the question marks on peoples' necks)? Was that explained?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well it's probably similar to how Sachi faker uses spells for his thorns

Hopefully we get more explanation how they work or if people can just create them at some point

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Woah, poo poo is Happening.

Baam eating the Black March power surely can't go wrong.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

As yes, eating sentient things is the best way to get power. - White

Also RIP unmarried man.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

nimby posted:

Woah, poo poo is Happening.

Baam eating the Black March power surely can't go wrong.

You know, I wonder. If White can go from a regular Baam can beat to a Slayer by absorbing power... if Baam, an Irregular were to absorb something as powerful as Black March, there's really no reason he could shatter the entire Regular/Ranker system with one blow and go straight to "where do we place this kid relative to say, Jahad and Mazino?" It's a matter of how fast SIU wants to advance the story, but in terms of optimal pace, the cliches of the shonen genre like White and Karaka stepping in actually slow down the pace of a properly messianic protagonist. All this escalation should be building towards Baam clowning the current opposition until Maschenny and Kallavan step in.

I mean, Baam could fight on the level of Jahad when he was at this point. Current Jahad is far more powerful than that, but these people worship current Jahad as God.

Also it looks like Kallavan is going to be something of a major antagonist. Unless there's a turnabout and Maschenny's attack kept going through to Kallavan.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 10, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow Baam, pretty messed up to see Black March as just another energy field you can absorb. That's no way to treat a lady.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Oh don't be like that, you know he'd ask politely and she'd find the whole situation incredibly amusing.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
He's just finally noticed that a lady likes him, but is very confused about how sex works. She isn't supposed to go inside you, Baam.

Yes, I know she's a sword.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

He's just finally noticed that a lady likes him, but is very confused about how sex works.

Eating her is a good start though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Leaving Rachel behind is the only thing I wanted out of this chapter. Everything else... I hope Baam'Baam's teacher isn't actually dead

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
RIP endearing mentor figure. Your time was always coming, especially considering how often you talked about being too old for this poo poo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I fell a few months behind just after they got out of the train and Evankhell showed up. I really didn't like the hidden floor stuff until right at the end. Planning to reread from the start over my christmas holiday but in the meantime I reread Enryu ruining the Administrator and Urek meeting Karaka and not being recognised. Both so so good.

e: also does a working archive of SIU's translated blog posts still exist anywhere?

did a bit of googling there and found that there's a massive google doc on the subreddit that has the translations of the blog post for every chapter which is gool ah. gonna reread th chapters with them too

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xa0LgWpn0zZ0ubtnWUeN5S1fKWjBRxBU4uhWQuZ9r0g/edit

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 13, 2018

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-332/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=413

Oh Baam you overpowered little muffin, how are you going to get out of this one now?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yuri is the best.

Poor Black March is extremely confused.

Either Maschenny is going to intervene or someone new needs to pop up.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's a really large hole.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Black March has learnt that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sindai posted:

Yuri is the best.

Poor Black March is extremely confused.

Either Maschenny is going to intervene or someone new needs to pop up.

Baam's shocking the tower moment will be the fact he hurts a high ranker and escapes

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Maybe he can just absorb or steal the essence of bravery?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jose posted:

Baam's shocking the tower moment will be the fact he hurts a high ranker and escapes

I mean this is plausible because he scratched Urek way back when

Like even if Urek is going easy I don't think he could even be harmed by most people's poo poo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Ubiquitus posted:

Maybe he can just absorb or steal the essence of bravery?
he's going to stick his head in that hole and drink it

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

An easy way to get around this would be Red Thyrssa making its presence known suddenly all these flying DBZ wannabes fall out of the sky.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Two Tone Shoes posted:

An easy way to get around this would be Red Thyrssa making its presence known suddenly all these flying DBZ wannabes fall out of the sky.

I think that would also potentially attract the administrator for the floor.
These next chapters can't come soon enough.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I completely forgot Baam ate the Thyrssa.

boy is a living clown car

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sindai posted:

I completely forgot Baam ate the Thyrssa.

boy is a living clown car

He's a living katamari for power.

A Katamari Baamacy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Time for a new thread title

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

nimby posted:

A Katamari Baamacy.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sindai posted:

Time for a new thread title

:emptyquote:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

apparently the red and blue horns baam gets represent the blue demon and red thryssa

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if everything inside Baam has a soul cafe or something similar where they just hangout and chat. Even sentient sources of power need friends.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ethiser posted:

I wonder if everything inside Baam has a soul cafe or something similar where they just hangout and chat. Even sentient sources of power need friends.

Based off his inner conversations with Blue Demon there is basically a place where all the stuff jammed inside him chills out until needed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The 1,000 or so demons stuffed inside of Senya in Sengoku Youko seemed to figure out a pretty good system or just kind of chilling around.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Based off his inner conversations with Blue Demon there is basically a place where all the stuff jammed inside him chills out until needed.
Baam should change his name to Alucard

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-333/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=414

Poor Baam :smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Christmas blue balls

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Jose posted:

Christmas blue balls

Seriously. This is almost cruel.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It cracks me up that Kallavan is trash talking while he has a giant hole in him.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

As long as we don't see a corpse his master aint dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

So is this where Baam loving loses his poo poo and (somewhat self destructively) unleashes the zoo of monsters inside himself?

I hope so that would be fun