Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

spog posted:

Ah Christmas! That time of year when you'd happily slit your wrists if it wouldn't upset the seating plan.

Good news, your corpse can remain seated whilst your blood blends into the seasonal decor. Your rectal death rattle will also blend nicely into the smell of thoroughly boiled sprouts. Be sure to adorn a festive paper hat before the light fades from your eyes.

I managed to cook a simple but real meal today for everyone, I'm recovering but we all agree I'm not up to cooking a full Christmas roast and no one's up for eating it. Turkey may be closer to new year this time round for us, no sense rushing and ruining in the name of tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Is there anything more British than this?

I saw sausage roll guy's videos and he is mildly amusing, and the other person behind the single is one of the guys from The Midnight Beast who seems like a nice guy and deserves any success he can get. Also, its a charity single so I'm all for it.

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 24, 2018

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Javid posted:

This is where I'm at. I realized this year that my year really peaks at Thanksgiving. T-day is about gorging yourself on turkey with your favorite people, Christmas is now about being pressured to buy poo poo.

I prefer Christmas because in my family thanksgiving is about stuffing yourself with turkey and Christmas is stuffing yourself with prime rib and prime rib is way better than turkey.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My dad said no depressing movies so I'm showing him Infinity War

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I don't feel so good mr stark

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

QuarkMartial posted:

Truly heaven on Earth

Goober Peas posted:

Ooh baby do you know what that's worth

:argh: drat YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Pain in the Arse, But totally worth it.

drat I love Australian hardwoods

One down, Two more to go. And the back deck is bigger than the front two combined...

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Bought a Traeger smoker for $200 off Facebook marketplace from this awesome old lady who used it ~3-4 times. Had the cookbook and was even registered for the warranty. I'm going to try and smoke a ~7lb brisket tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

spog posted:

Ah Christmas! That time of year when you'd happily slit your wrists if it wouldn't upset the seating plan.

It's one of those things that goes through your head, like 'But then some poor bastard would have to clean up the corpse over the holidays, and they don't deserve that'.

the spyder posted:

Bought a Traeger smoker for $200 off Facebook marketplace from this awesome old lady who used it ~3-4 times. Had the cookbook and was even registered for the warranty. I'm going to try and smoke a ~7lb brisket tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Brisket is always a good answer. I'm following my yearly quest to get good BBQ to Texas this year, because it's been a decade and I miss 70's in December.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Reason I don't kill myself: would make mom sad.

Unrelated, today was going so well, then I stepped on a rusty nail. Now, my TDAP is up to date because of school, but drat if it doesn't hurt.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You should have a drink about it. Might I suggest a mixture of scotch and Drambouie, stirred in a ton of crushed ice?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, bacteria do not like ethanol. That is solid medical advice.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My kid's been sick repeatedly this morning, can't keep tablets down. We're on full packed-and-ready standby to take him to hospital again, yay.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

cakesmith handyman posted:

My kid's been sick repeatedly this morning, can't keep tablets down. We're on full packed-and-ready standby to take him to hospital again, yay.

Fluids is the most important bit. A nice trick they use at the childrens ER here is ice-popsicles to get the children to drink.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Good luck, man. In a pinch a fair number of oral meds can jut be absorbed through the mouth if you let them dissolve (though it tastes awful). It's the only way I got through work last week, my antiemetics weren't absorbing when I swallowed them. I know dexamethasone does -- I give people the IV dose orally all the time -- but I don't know about maintenance steroids for adrenal insufficiency.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Good luck, man. In a pinch a fair number of oral meds can jut be absorbed through the mouth if you let them dissolve (though it tastes awful). It's the only way I got through work last week, my antiemetics weren't absorbing when I swallowed them. I know dexamethasone does -- I give people the IV dose orally all the time -- but I don't know about maintenance steroids for adrenal insufficiency.

His hydrocortisone are dissolve against the cheek type but he can't even keep water down so we're at the CAU now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hope your kid gets better!
I've been sitting here doing little jobs on the house. Successfully swapped the dryer cord over without burning the house down and now I'm sketching out the garage based litter box pen for the cats.

This house stuff is pretty cool.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Hope your kid gets better!
I've been sitting here doing little jobs on the house. Successfully swapped the dryer cord over without burning the house down and now I'm sketching out the garage based litter box pen for the cats.

This house stuff is pretty cool.

I hope you used new stainless braided washer lines.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

I hope you used new stainless braided washer lines.

I reused the stainless lines I bought 3 years ago.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

His hydrocortisone are dissolve against the cheek type but he can't even keep water down so we're at the CAU now.

Alright, keep us posted. At least he's getting his hydrocortisone, though who knows what kind of dose adjustment you need while ill. Some IV ondansetron and saline will probably perk him right the hell up. A lot of kids do great with just oral meds, but I'm guessing they're going to have to check labs, etc., and probably will just place a line.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

the spyder posted:

amazingingribs.com and the smoking thread, friend. I assume that's a pellet smoker? Those sound pretty awesome.

7 pounder assumes a flat rather than a full packer. I tried smoking one once and it was a bit dry. Might want to inject it since you don't have the point there for extra fat/moisture. I've only tried a flat once, rest have been packers from costco. Pretty much always awesome.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 24, 2018

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Is this from a Japanese game show or something? :stare:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1077159034258636800

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

slidebite posted:

That was jack rear end or wild boys, one of the two. Those shows were insane.

Spyder - Traegers are dope. Mine is 2 1/2 years old and I have cooked many pounds of beast flesh. I used to keep track of how many pounds of pellets I have burned through. It is somewhere between 300 and 400 pounds at this point.

Smoke a pork shoulder. Get a good external thermometer. Watch your waistline increase.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Hope your man’s good dude.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
My dog's birthday is 12/21, but we celebrate it on christmas eve since that's when everyone's there.

The cat generally loafs angrily during the birthday party but she'll come down when it's time to beg for dinner scraps.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
He looks so happy!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Happy birthday, dawg.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

slidebite posted:

Yeah I think that was Wildboyz with Chris Pontious and Steve-O, one of the greatest shows of my teenage years. They just flew around the world doing pseudo Steve Irwin skits with exotic animals, it ruled. A full quarter or half of them they could have been brutally maimed at any moment.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Back home, he's fine. He pitched a loving fit about a blood draw though, unlike the last time when he was fantastic. Anyway, all sorted now, we've all had something to eat and we'll get an early night.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Glad to hear.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Good that he's OK.

Just woke up, can't walk. drat foot is still inflamed around the nail puncture point. It's not a large area, maybe 2 inches, but it's right in the middle of the ball.

Stupid apartment maintenance people.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

Good that he's OK.

Just woke up, can't walk. drat foot is still inflamed around the nail puncture point. It's not a large area, maybe 2 inches, but it's right in the middle of the ball.

Are you literally a Wet Bandit

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Queen Combat posted:

Good that he's OK.

When wishing you had another orifice in your body, it's very important to be specific with the universe at large as to where.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

InitialDave posted:

When wishing you had another orifice in your body, it's very important to be specific with the universe at large as to where.
:wow:

(Not on admiration)

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 24, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Overheard in line at the grocery this morning:

"If she's pansexual then I must be potsexual"

Not sure if that was an insensitive dad joke or a genuine snipe

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Holy gently caress abandon thread

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Can I just say that while International air travel on the 23/24Dec isnt quite as lunatic as it is for Domestic...... it's still not exactly desireable. 1.5 hours waitng for bags on an already late airflight and then 15 minutes just trying to leave Vancouver Airpot being enveloped in Domestic travel insanity.

Much to my disbelief, it turns out Sydney Airport can handle as many planes as they can legally land with passenger numbers, even if the roads around it cant. Vancouver is just an A-Class shitfest from breakfast to rear end in a top hat.

Ahhh well here in Victoria now and it's not as cold as I was expecting. The shortness of the day is however somewhat offputting.....

Mery Christmas AI!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Dudes I am ready for Christmas. Last night we had a family party for my wife’s side of the family which we hosted. Lots of work but a very good time. There was 34 of us in all.
Grandma and grandpa got middle Heroic boy the LEGO Speed Champions Porsche car set that comes with the GT3 and RSR cars. We put it together and these are legitimate cool and for the price (~$25) I don’t think it can be beat! The cars turn out looking great and really solid when together. Definitely meant to play with and not just to look at.

We got the kids a ton of Playmobil stuff for Christmas. Oldest got a mat for gymnastics; middle got some LEGO sets and Disney Cars stuff, and baby got a little tikes truck to scoot around.

I’m just ready for them to experience the magic.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The nice thing about a small holiday gathering is that the pool of people who can blow it up by getting sick is also small.

I have a distinct memory still of a Christmas when I was 8 or so, where some random really old person whose relation to me was unclear fell and broke a hip on the 24th. We had to spend most of that night and the next day in the hospital with the rest of my mom's gigantic Greek family pretending not to be miserable. 8 year old me is just like, I don't know who that even is, why are we here?

E: I'm glad my drive today is only a mile, though I'm running shy one motor mount so it's still not pleasant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm in South Florida with family, and right now the weather isn't miserable. My wife has a sleeping baby and aside from some pointless scheduling drama, things are going pretty well.