Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

NoMas posted:

I hope its cross-platform!

Beta, VHS, and LaserDisc

Golli fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Beet Wagon posted:

You loving assholes. You terrible, poo poo eating morons. You should dry-brine your Christmas turkeys. What the gently caress is even wrong with you

Just avoid getting cucumbers near the brine. You'll get into a pickle otherwise :dadjoke:

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Beet Wagon posted:

You loving assholes. You terrible, poo poo eating morons. You should dry-brine your Christmas turkeys. What the gently caress is even wrong with you

ham is the superior holiday meat, change my mind.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

It'll be a Sony exclusive on console. All the focus has been on SQ42 this year and the PU exists only to sell ships and assets from now on.

The movie thing is new though and possibly a troll but who the hell knows.

Star Citizen was pretty much done according to Lando at the beginning of the year. Chris presented the MVP slide at Citizencon. They've been trying to tell everyone all year, SC is on the backburner from here on out.

That's why the astroturfing is about how great and fun SC is *right now* over the last few months.

They still haven't hired AI but just like the flight model that'll be for SQ42 first and foremost until they do whatever they're going to do with the PU networking.

Star Citizen is and was a vehicle for Chris Roberts return to Holywood and he is risking the whole company to do so.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Nooooooo. You inject them first. Then you deep fry it. And THEN you call 911. Get it right Florida Man.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

mrking posted:

Done.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

:five:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

BREAKING STANDBY BREAKING

Sources are telling me...

A thing I already called!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

:same:

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

This guy gets it. Mine is in a nice cozy 150F oven right now finishing up before getting the living hell seared out of it.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

well done.

holidays are all just pay to win now.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

And Peace Be Unto You Commando

Note that the left hand should be lightly, yet firmly cupping the balls.

Mons for the lady goon. Eye contact all the way.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL you clowns are still listening to Derek Smart.

Anyways, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all you goons obsessed with this dumb game!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beluga Snail posted:

This guy gets it. Mine is in a nice cozy 150F oven right now finishing up before getting the living hell seared out of it.

Ditto, but for a standing rib roast.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

mrking posted:

I would but I’m not making beef Wellington this year.

Weirdly we’re having a roast chicken lol

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

mrking posted:

well done.

holidays are all just pay to win now.

They have always been that way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO17UOjcovg&t=56s

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Merry Christmas goonfriends.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

iospace posted:

Just avoid getting cucumbers near the brine. You'll get into a pickle otherwise :dadjoke:

I love pickles

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Don't Sony and Microsoft have some pretty strict quality and software integrity rules before they let a game on their consoles?
Good luck with that, C I not G.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Takes notes, Chris. This one photo is a master class in the "show, don't tell" aspect of storytelling. In one moment I know not only something about this family's present life, but also, some of their past.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beexoffel posted:

Don't Sony and Microsoft have some pretty strict quality and software integrity rules before they let a game on their consoles?

Trying to imagine CIG passing Sony TRCs is pretty :allears:

Case in point, one of them is "maximum load screen duration"

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Morphix posted:

Out of curiosity, have you fought any of the alien stuff? Is it add some sort of direction for the universe or is it still largely a background thing most of the games universe seems to ignore?

Supposedly they've added alien combat zones for system takeovers, but haven't seen or heard of em, so I'm assuming they're bugged.

Fighting the goids is fun though. It doesn't add some grand direction to the game at the mo, and needs some grind to get the good kit, but they're tough, and fun to take on in a group.

---

Merry Xmas space heads!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beexoffel posted:

Yes, they are the bastions of quality control.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mjotto posted:

In the last 500 years [...] The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.
this guy gets it?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Scruffpuff posted:

It's amazing to me - in the actual correct use of the word "amazing," not the current common use of the word to describe some kind of food someone took a picture of and shared over social media ("Having an amazing poo poo after eating too much Taco Bell") - that these people are bending over backwards to avoid the following realization:

- Chris Roberts is a very, very bad game developer (arguably not one at all)
- Chris Roberts has very, very bad ideas (if he can be said to have any at all)
- Chris Roberts is a very, very bad leader who cannot finish projects

Now, the above tenets are not hard to prove - his entire history lays it bare. You can load a "game" he worked on and see the poo poo right on the screen. You can see the same thing in Star Citizen.

These people are attempting to disassemble reality itself, on the atomic level, and recreate it before they'll admit those three simple truths. Truths that explain literally everything about this project, from inception to current day.

Why are these people defending this fraudulent shitstain? What makes him so magical? It's really no different than Ben collecting worthless, literal garbage if it has a Wing Commander logo on it. It's almost like Chris Roberts himself is a mental illness, in his own category. Will future versions of DSM-5 have new chapters dedicated to Chris Roberts?

What the gently caress is going on here?

Beautiful aint it?

I mean it.

It's beautiful. It's beautiful, it is a gleaming gem of stupidity in the pyrite of idiocy that is the internet. I witness as the most fuel inefficient bush fire in the heart of kickstarter has thrived and I can't help but place a marshmellow on a stick and waft it goonily.

kw0134 posted:

It's worth unpacking this a bit; why can't someone play another game? Right now ED is like $7 or something ridiculous, people spend more money on lunch so there's no objective reason someone who claims to have spent hundreds of dollars, a sum of no object to them.

It's very sad to see this of a loving video game though.

The superego screams, "There are other games!"
The ego bellows, "There is only my immersion!"
The id burps, "Hairy Roberts."

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, they are the bastions of quality control.

It's less "quality" and more "technical requirements"-- things like "making sure you don't have debug-only dev system calls in your final release that you're relying on" and "the save file created isn't excessively large", in addition to aforementioned load screen duration. You can still release absolutely stinkers of a game, console makers don't really care, they just don't want your game literally crashing the console itself.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

mrking posted:

hamwithtwoslices.net

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

D1E posted:

Anyways, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all you goons obsessed with this dumb game!

Listen?

lol

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

are there any ships in star citizen that punch exactly at their weight?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only the bad ones you need to melt and pay more to upgrade from

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D1E posted:

He’s actually right about that one, though.

Also, a Chris-mas poem:

Breaking More Vows As I Move to Consoles
BY CHRIS ROBERTS

Whose vows were these? I think I know.   
They’re used to how I break them though;   
They will not mind me lying here   
So I can rake in yet more dough.

My wife would hardly think it queer   
That lies earned all the money here   
I also love their sound, you know?
They ring like sleigh bells in my ears.   

She gives her credit card a whirl   
And autodials the dealer near.   
Today she’ll take her Porsche in pearl   
They love their “911 girl”.   

I’ve money still I want to make,
So I have promises to break,   
And console cash sounds pretty great,   
And console cash sounds pretty great,   

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

D1E posted:

We laugh at Derek in here to.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Merry christmas you bunch of awful, awful people

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

Mons for the lady goon.

Whoa! Cis-chauvinist much buster?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

trucutru posted:

Whoa! Cis-chauvinist much buster?

-Mons

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Neltharak posted:

Merry christmas you bunch of awful, awful people

Merry fudmas to all, and to all a smart night!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

juggalo baby coffin posted:

When you are in no-clip mode you kind of don't have any weight at all.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

juggalo baby coffin posted:

depends, any sales coming up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

BluesShaman posted:

OMG stop judging an ALPHA as a completed game!

CIGs product is 100% complete, very much not in alpha, and very much in action right now.

It's just not the video game everybody expected, rather it's the ongoing, endless marketing campaign which has so far raked in over 200M and made several people rich and set for life.

Cloud Imperium Marketing operating at full potential! Good job, backers! :)