Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Lone Badger posted:

What do you in a situation like this? You can't send in teams to set up a normal implosion.

If anyone can do it, it’s SBG.

The firm is currently building the world’s tallest building. One of their subsidiaries holds the record for the tallest building demolished, twice over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
They own Al-Qaeda?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
:pusheen:

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

dexter6 posted:

Ok but when you are a healthcare worker and you share that “the guy from the thing on maple street” had his anus stitched shut, and it’s public information who had the thing on Maple street, you have just breached HIPAA.

So his sister, if this had been in the US, breached HIPAA.

His sister isn’t a covered entity so no she didn’t violate jack squat

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So the big apartment tower moved '1mm to 2mm' after 'big bang' (as did your mother), how serious is this from a safety point of view?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

McDeth posted:

His sister isn’t a covered entity so no she didn’t violate jack squat

Yep. Dexter gets one point for spelling HIPAA right, but minus one point for not recognizing that HIPAA only covers stuff paid for by health insurance—the I in HIPAA. If you pay for a medical test in cash or it’s done for free then it’s not protected.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So the big apartment tower moved '1mm to 2mm' after 'big bang' (as did your mother), how serious is this from a safety point of view?

It could be anything from “nothing is actually seriously wrong with this building” to “the concrete is flawed on the scale of Ryugyong Hotel and/or the design is flawed on the scale of Citicorp Tower”.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
local privacy laws do prevent government organizations (such as hospitals) releasing personal information, but that's only relevant if the person can be reasonably identified (e.g. by name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth or photograph).

'a truck driver' probably isn't sufficient

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Platystemon posted:

It could be anything from “nothing is actually seriously wrong with this building” to “the concrete is flawed on the scale of Ryugyong Hotel and/or the design is flawed on the scale of Citicorp Tower”.

or Sampoong department store.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Only vaguely related, but I love Hans:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NihilismNow posted:

There's also the old "Nah we don't need as much steel reinforcing as this drawing says we can do it with half and pocket the change".

Oh that reminds me my friend's a structural engineer and said "yeah the guys on site once tried to get a sign off on putting a conduit through a support, they wanted to put a .5m hole through a. 75m structurally supporting pillar, we said...no".

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Free Market Mambo posted:

They own Al-Qaeda?

I think the company is incorporated as "Bin Laden Construction", motto: "We can work outside but inside jobs are our speciality!"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Free Market Mambo posted:

They own Al-Qaeda?

I know I was liberal with the definition of “subsidiary”.

They did indirectly subsidise Osama at one time.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Watching this kinda poo poo gives me this weird feeling in the back of my legs....I hate heights over 10 meters(around the level you will get hosed up from if you fall) and seeing that poo poo makes me ball up and go NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I just can't fathom being any where near fall and you die poo poo

I couldn’t even be the guy video taping it.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Part of me wants to know how many parkour death videos there are on LiveLeak, but the rest of me absolutely does not.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Piggy Smalls posted:

I couldn’t even be the guy video taping it.

I couldn’t even stand to be on that roof.

It’s weird, I love flying (takeoffs, landings, turbulence, whatever) but I can’t handle heights?

:shrug:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/OUHfRTe.mp4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

NO

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wesleywillis posted:

What about people who've never worn shoes? Well smart guy?

Sell the shoes that were bought for them.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CannonFodder posted:

Sell the shoes that were bought for them.
For sale, shoes, never bought.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Your sole can't leave your body if you never had a sole.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

If anyone can do it, it’s SBG.

The firm is currently building the world’s tallest building. One of their subsidiaries holds the record for the tallest building demolished, twice over.

If they had to demolish it twice to get the job done they can't be very good.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I count at least 3 lottery winners right here... 4th is the signal maintainer in that he shouldn't end up in prison over this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAN83b9Yvf8

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

spinderella posted:

"This kind of thing" is a phenomenon I DO NOT GET AT ALL.

My only guess is that they legitimately have no real comprehension of the finality of a mistake

Not REALLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONwe96StEpA&t=498s

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

The free running and taking risks at heights is just like any other risky sport like motorcycling, base jumping, skydiving or bungee jumping. You're putting all your faith in a machine, or your skills or even a combination of the two. Some people really enjoy pushing the risk envelope as far as they can. At those heights a single mistake will be fatal, but the same can be said of a bungee breaking or a parachute failing to open. The adrenaline hit is worth the risk for some people.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

How would one do this in an osha approved manner? Anchors everywhere with a harness?

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Fanelien posted:

The free running and taking risks at heights is just like any other risky sport like motorcycling, base jumping, skydiving or bungee jumping. You're putting all your faith in a machine, or your skills or even a combination of the two. Some people really enjoy pushing the risk envelope as far as they can. At those heights a single mistake will be fatal, but the same can be said of a bungee breaking or a parachute failing to open. The adrenaline hit is worth the risk for some people.

Yeah but. there's a difference between trusting a safety device and having literally no safety device at all

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Burt Sexual posted:

How would one do this in an osha approved manner? Anchors everywhere with a harness?
Scaffolds, work elevators, harness anchors depending on what's available.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Buildings have anchor points on the roof you can have a winched platform attached to.

In countries that give a gently caress about that sort of thing, of course.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Memento posted:

Buildings have anchor points on the roof you can have a winched platform attached to.

In countries that give a gently caress about that sort of thing, of course.

Ah gently caress yes, I’ve seen that many times. They come from the top. I had a dude washing my windows once and it freaked me out at a hotel. I was not naked. At the beginning.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

We have change advisory meetings at work where we take attendance for who approved a decision. Spider-Man the window washer has been on more than one attendance list. (Yes we are nerds.)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NoWake posted:

I count at least 3 lottery winners right here... 4th is the signal maintainer in that he shouldn't end up in prison over this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAN83b9Yvf8

the american way of formatting dates weirds me out :psyduck:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

Yeah but yyyy-mm-dd is the best and no one does that. Still mm-dd-yyyy is better than dd-mm-yyyy because it's alphabetizes correctly within a year

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ekuNNN posted:

When you actually say a date out loud do you say "December 21st 2018" or "21st December 2018", because when you write down dates while thinking the former in your head that's american formatting

the one true way to write dates is YYYY-MM-DD anyways

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
It seems pretty natural really. It's spoken December twenty-first, two-thousand eighteen. Who says the twenty-first of December, two-thousand eighteen; or two-thousand eighteen on the twenty-first of December; or two-thousand eighteen in the month of December on the twenty-first day?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

It really is (least to most specific).

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You misspelled YYYY-MON-DD :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It didn't even become the US standard until the 1970s or so, and even then it wasn't formal so much as "welp, all the important papers do it this way now."

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Uh, I definitely say poo poo like "the 8th of November".

I think you all are looking at "the way I was taught growing up" and getting it confused with "the natural way of doing it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
"The way I was taught growing up is" is how English works. We don't have an Academy like the French do.