Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Lots of big talk and grandiose fantasies, zero actual accomplishments. Sounds about right.

Could have stolen a bike and sold some weed in the time it took to fantasize about this dumb poo poo. Steal the goddamn bike already ffs

His goal is to not be a loser, not to make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
selling weed is a job. a job with a considerable value to society.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

As a (man)child of neglect and abuse, the court would probably be lenient on him if he did murder his parents.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hosed up the lettering on the shirt in panel 2, but I was laughing too hard at "Weet" to change it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i love that the artist is drawing that soy sauce stain on his shirt every time

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Hey OP you should update this must like the originals at one psnel per day for each parallel storyline.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hey OP you should update this must like the originals at one psnel per day for each parallel storyline.

While I'm very open to that idea, it'd be extremely confusing for a single thread. Since currently the only real way to read the comic continuously (as it's presented on the original site) is by ?'ing me, idk. The site has a ToC and is completely organized into pages with hyperlinks, so it's way different from here, and on top of that, I don't have a consistent amount that I upload each day, and I wouldn't want to feel obligated to do one over another just because they're uneven. There is a small reference to part-timer in criminal that I noticed, but it's just an easter egg. 0 part of the scene's comedy is based on knowing the character. I feel like that's a sign that the artist really intends for these to stand alone. If anything, this just means that parallels and references will all become eventual call-backs instead.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Parent murder, denied. My favorite line so far.

But yeah I'm starting to lean towards the theory that he'll never take this past the sitting around and thinking about it stage. Hundreds of panels of him just coming up with and discarding ideas.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

By the way the "clink" pun before was intentional and I'm very proud of myself.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Hasn't been able to plan a murder within an hour of deciding to commit one: oh no, what a failure.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

onsetOutsider posted:

I hosed up the lettering on the shirt in panel 2, but I was laughing too hard at "Weet" to change it.

For me, 'ecotistical' is definitely something I'm stealing for future use. Or maybe its hilarity is just imagining him turning his parents' bodies into compost heap and being labeled 'ecotistical' because of it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrazyLoon posted:

For me, 'ecotistical' is definitely something I'm stealing for future use. Or maybe its hilarity is just imagining him turning his parents' bodies into compost heap and being labeled 'ecotistical' because of it.

gently caress, I tried so hard to not have a single typo. At least it's an entertaining one, haha. I'll leave it as is for posterity's sake.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

McGiggins posted:

Hasn't been able to plan a murder within an hour of deciding to commit one: oh no, what a failure.

Most accomplished murderers have already picked a target by the point they start planning the murder. This is a really poor performance

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry for the delay, goons! Here's a super long update to make up for it.

(in all seriouslness tho, regular update schedj resumes now)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

congratulations tooru you are now on a list

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
He better sink a few hundred hours into GTA and rear end Creed to continue his research. Gotta be thorough.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He's gonna talk himself into poisoning some convenience store sushi but then just buy and eat some himself

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

McGiggins posted:

Well thanks for your input mr. murder expert, maybe you could share some of your top killings with us.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Wow, are all of the plot threads just him doing the same things while thinking about different stuff? Pretty amusing regardless.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pnumoman posted:

Wow, are all of the plot threads just him doing the same things while thinking about different stuff? Pretty amusing regardless.

Lol no, that's not even the case for the entire criminal path. Let's just say he does end up putting a plan into motion. I'm pretty sure this entire first sequence is supposed to be a ridiculous extended parody of Death Note, since half of that manga is internal monologues of criminal logic.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Enjoying the comic so far, can't wait for his life of crime to begin.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How does the author know so much about me (up until the do a crime part that is)

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

3/4 of his fond childhood memories involve sexual harassment as a theme.
Oh Japan.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Grape posted:

3/4 of his fond childhood memories involve sexual harassment as a theme.
Oh Japan.

At least 3/4, you don't know what he plans to do with that crustacean

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

feelix posted:

At least 3/4, you don't know what he plans to do with that crustacean

That is clearly a beetle of some kind.
But you're absolutely right that he might molest it too.

Archives
Nov 23, 2008

Grape posted:

That is clearly a beetle of some kind.
But you're absolutely right that he might molest it too.

The memory is him touching the beetle against its will.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

does groping a mannequin count as sexual harassment?

asking for a friend

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

does groping a mannequin count as sexual harassment?

asking for a friend

It depends on whether the mannequin gives consent.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I demand to see a crime.

Can't he at least illegally download a song or something. Baby steps are still steps.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

tooru might be guilty of excessive natto stirring :ohdear:

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
thread dead

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Please OP post more NEEP comic.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This comic is entertaining, I appreciate your efforts OP :)

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
It’s the holidays, gonna assume OP has a loving family he was spending time with instead of posting here to amuse us.

:unsmith:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wait, a loving family? Really? I thought this was autobiographical.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Colonel Cancer posted:

Wait, a loving family? Really? I thought this was autobiographical.

If it was, he wouldn't have made the comics that he did. He'd just waffle endlessly about making them ITT.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry y’all. holidays got me good. daily updates forthcoming

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

there are no holy days for NEETs. how does it feel to be less responsible than mr. maybe-murder?

nah, take your time dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
he murdered his family in order to do a crime

and then he grope a mannequin's vajayjay