Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Out of curiosity watched Bird Box. My god it was worse than I imagined.

Did laugh about the vest though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Lycus posted:

I don't care if a sci-fi/fantasy/whatever post-apoc movie is "plausible", I just want to know why that guy is still (almost 30 min in) wearing his supermarket uniform vest and name tag. Take that poo poo off.
I dunno. I could see myself doing that as my mind slowly untethered from what is normal. Sort of my wasteland raider gimmick.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Junkie Disease posted:

Its very much what the new seasons of MST3k are getting mojo from

Yeah I read the Bonehead minions are very specifically based on Princess Dragon Mom's henchmen.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

TheManWithNoName posted:

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not...

We ended up watching The Man Who Invented Christmas which was actually pretty entertaining. It had a manic, almost farcical energy to it which I found hilarious.

No sarcasm intended. I enjoyed it. It might help if your brain is as broken as mine by years of seasonal Hallmark movies.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
If you liked Kung Fury, there's a new one that just came out this week. It's called Commando Ninja:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Gec5JbQAg

It's French, but it has boobies and English subtitles. Instead of doing the Kung Fu Nazi movie tropes, they do the Vietnam Predator/Platoon/Rambo/Mad Max tropes instead.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 26, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

IS THAT TURBO KID

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Love Stole the Day posted:

If you liked Kung Fury, there's a new one that just came out this week. It's called Commando Ninja:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Gec5JbQAg

It's French, but it has boobies and English subtitles. Instead of doing the Kung Fu Nazi movie tropes, they do the Vietnam Predator/Platoon/Rambo/Mad Max tropes instead.

68 minutes!? That’s like an actual commitment

You swear that thing is worth it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stuff like Kung Fury or Turbo Kid is completely lost on me because 100% of what is funny about stupid rear end campy movies is that they weren't intended to be funny.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

veni veni veni posted:

Stuff like Kung Fury or Turbo Kid is completely lost on me because 100% of what is funny about stupid rear end campy movies is that they weren't intended to be funny.

Yeah pretty much. I watched Kung Fury and was just bored with all the "wink wink lol the 80s" self congratulation going on.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I hated Kung Fury, but loved Turbo Kid.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have a buddy who usually has taste that I love, and he swears by Turbo Kid, but I absolutely cannot get past the horrific Youtuber tier production values and I could never finished it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I mean, if it's production values keeping you away, you're already not the target audience anyway.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I thought Turbo Kid was fine, because unlike Kung Fury, it wasn't trying anywhere near as hard to be funny. It was pretty much a played-straight sci-fi movie, just with a whacked-out aesthetic and Le Matos on the score.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I wouldn't say it's really played straight, with everyone riding little bicycles instead of motorcycles, etc.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I still felt everything but the gore effects in Turbo Kid were intentionally half assed, what's the point in watching something like that if not even the filmmakers put effort into it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, there's goofy aesthetic details like that, but they're never really made into outright jokes. The little bicycles are handled with complete seriousness and an entirely straight face, even if it's more or less expected that the audience is gonna laugh at that.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Infinity War is on Netflix now. As with previous major releases, they're not promoting it in the "New Releases" or "Popular" categories, so you have to search for it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I thought the first half of King Fury was amusing but the last half drags too much. Making it even shorter and more condensed would have probably improved it.

There was some horrible talk about making it into a full-length Hollywood movie but surely that idea has di-

”Wikipedia” posted:

In February 2018, Michael Fassbender and Arnold Schwarzenegger were confirmed to star alongside Hasselhoff in the upcoming film.
:gonk:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Fassbender is the best actor with the worst taste.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Any good Bollywood movies on Netflix? I saw Lagaan with friends and actually saw Happy New Year in theatres.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Kung Fury felt like such a rip-off of Danger Five (right down to specific gags) that I couldn't enjoy it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
NBCUniversal is going to do their own streaming service, apparently.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Edward Mass posted:

And then they’ll pull The Office from Netflix and make it exclusive to their new streaming site and the backlash will be incredible. It has to be one of the most rewatched shows on the service.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Edward Mass posted:

Their last one shut down earlier this year so this comes as no surprise.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Edward Mass posted:

Lol. Isn't this what Hulu was?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Will networks stop making their own services?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm the biggest Twilight Zone fan on the planet and I'm very excited to find files of the new episodes on the internet the next day instead of paying for another loving lovely streaming service because they refuse to cut deals with Netflix or Hulu.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Lycus posted:

Will networks stop making their own services?

Someone should make some kind of streaming service aggregator where you can subscribe to a bunch at once to get all the content

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So this has basically become my crack cocaine of streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/buzzr

Nothing but old game shows 24/7. I loving love it. Perfect background noise when gaming or working.

edit: Yes every content producer making their own streaming service sucks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe once every single network has their own streaming service they can bundle them all together for $160 a month. They could even make their own boxes that they rent out to customers for $10 a month.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Someone should make some kind of streaming service aggregator where you can subscribe to a bunch at once to get all the content

That's more or less what VRV is, but, well, hope you like anime and really nasty horror movies, because the only major services on there are Crunchyroll, Hidive, and Shudder

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jose Oquendo posted:

So this has basically become my crack cocaine of streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/buzzr

Nothing but old game shows 24/7. I loving love it. Perfect background noise when gaming or working.

edit: Yes every content producer making their own streaming service sucks.

It’s available over the air in some places, which is wacky to me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That's more or less what VRV is, but, well, hope you like anime and really nasty horror movies, because the only major services on there are Crunchyroll, Hidive, and Shudder

Cable :thejoke:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

There's a lot of good niche stuff as well, and I'd consider boomerang and old nickelodeon stuff somewhat major

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Netflix has Psychokinesis, the newest movie from Yeon Sang-ho (Train to Busan)

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
TRAIN

TO

BUSAN

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Baki is up on Netflix. I know there's an unspoken no anime rule, but you should really watch an episode or two just to see how fast and loose they play it with concepts like body proportions, physics, and martial arts.

There's a scene of one dude shoving bullets into another dude's mouth and using his teeth as firing hammers by uppercutting him. The dude who just got his mouth blown open then immediately proceeds to shrug off his injury and massacre the first dude.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

tweet my meat posted:

Baki is up on Netflix. I know there's an unspoken no anime rule, but you should really watch an episode or two just to see how fast and loose they play it with concepts like body proportions, physics, and martial arts.

There's a scene of one dude shoving bullets into another dude's mouth and using his teeth as firing hammers by uppercutting him. The dude who just got his mouth blown open then immediately proceeds to shrug off his injury and massacre the first dude.

I don't think there's really a no-anime rule here of any kind. I would imagine it mostly doesn't get discussed here because Netflix and Amazon are the only "general" services with a big anime selection, and most of what's on either of those is pretty bad (Devilman Crybaby and Baki are basically the only Netflix Original anime worth a poo poo).

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That sounds like a criticism of LWA, which is wholesome as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I haven't watched LWA and kinda forgot it's a Netflix show. It seems decent, and is also very much not my thing.