Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I thought it was alright, but it felt like it ended kind of abruptly and I also didn’t expect them to then just be like ‘yeah, so BJ and these desperate resistance types then managed to free America completely’

I’m confused as to what the 3rd game is going to be about unless they put it totally in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wolfenstein 2 didn't mesh. The weapon design and health system didn't mesh with the cover based shooting, the nutso story didn't mesh with the bland level design, it was just a mess of interesting, wasted systems. Basically, a Bethesda game. The scene where BJ espouses about ending the fed and reinstating a gold standard was awkward.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Quote not edit

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I liked Wolfenstein 2 because dual-wielding shotguns and killing nazis with a hatchet is viscerally satisfying in a way very few games are, but it's worse than the sum of its parts. I actually liked all the characters and dicking around on the ship but the plot is basically 'recruit all these guys to go fight the nazis whoops the game is over' like they ran out of time or something? I do also agree that the level design being mostly industrial nazi base corridors was a weird move when there are so many great set piece areas like that small town with the nazi parade or the movie studio on Venus that are exclusively used for cutscenes. The train was at least pretty neat though!

The parts of the Old Blood before the zombies show up but after the lame forced stealth section is Wolfenstein at its peak imho.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The song at the end of wolfenstein 2 is legitmatly the worst thing ever

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

People who played Wolf2 like a cover shooter played it wrong and suffered for it

It’s way easier when you’re sprinting and sliding like a madman because the levels are all packed with health and armor that you pick up along the way

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Merry Reclamation Day, everyone

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Chomp8645 posted:

Does Fallout 76 properly support intersectional feminism???

No, but it's all about having same sex relationships... so you can find holotapes about how everyone involved died horribly.

It stinks!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Wolfenstein new version has models by Tor Frick and I think he’s amazing and has a recognizable style, the mechs and stuff he makes are great

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Also *in Russian accent* : My rap name is Lil Pip Boi

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yo play atom, its good. also its sad that everyone does a better fallout than bethesda. give the license back to obsidian, you fuckmens

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bethesda-banning-fallout-76-modders-unless-they-write-an-essay-explaining-why-modding-is-bad.89296/

Merry Christmas Fallout 76 is going to burn Bethesda to the ground hopefully.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
merry pipmas

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Hello Fallout 76 goons I'm here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas for the low, low price of 25001250 atoms (limited time offer)

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao its amazing how much of a disaster this is even though im sorta having fun except for the parts i forget to be in sneak mode and other players find me

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

But modders ARE Bethesda's real programmers and fixers! You can't ban them even as a really stupid joke! How else is your game going to be fixed before 2025?!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

WebDO posted:

Hello Fallout 76 goons I'm here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas for the low, low price of 25001250 atoms (limited time offer)
Christmas is 15% off, today only

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol not even modders will be able to fix this poo poo if Bethesda keeps banning them

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Like how else are they going to innovate with new dumb supplementary poo poo like crafting and town building if they don't let modders do most of the work for them to unceremoniously steal and sell for $300 next Fallout? It is literally letting customers show you what they want in the game and doing sometimes most of the hard work to make it happen in your dumb engine that you can barely make function!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Modders could commit the unforgivable crime of making blue textures for clothes and armor, such that Bethesda would lose millions of dollars from the in game store.

Modders = thieves

Pretty clear cut if you ask me

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Un loving believable

re Wolfenstein: saw an ad, thought it looked cool, never played it

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol if u expect cheaters to admit that they were running third party apps to cheat. Of course they are going to cry and scream and continue to lie when they get caught.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
....huh.

So now that Bethesda is pulling a Rockstar with taking the position of modding = bad is there really, truly, anything else that can make this whole 76 deal funnier? We've clipped through like 4 of the "no way can they make it worse" but they keep finding more.

Jesus Christ.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Is there like a..real website reporting on this? I can't find anything but reddit posts, a youtube video with heavily cropped 'source' images, and the two websites in the link which..I've never seen or heard of before at all. You'd think every major publication would be running buck wild with this one but...

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Lmao getting banned in 76 for having 4 cheats running

"The ones banned are saying it's either reshade or cheatengine that got them banned. Reshade just effects visuals so that should never ever get you banned and cheatengine is software used to cheat a sp game, but the users banned reckon they have't used it for f76 nor was it even running. Apparently F76 scans your systems processes before launching and flags your account even if cheatengine is running, regardless of what you're using it for."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
At this point I'd need veritable proof that bethesda isn't loving up before I believe it because this is certainly in line with everything else they've done. Also believable that they can't tell the difference between a texture pack and actual cheat engine so just flag everything as bad.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd rather not deal with creepy chud poo poo in the writing of games I want to play.

Yeah, it isn't even that it is dismissive of other people's life experiences and concerns but that it is the new "Look at how edgy and clever I am! :smug:" lazy eye roll inducing garbage. If you want to be edgy at least put a bit of effort in. Jokes about "assuming labels" is on the same level as Bethesda "hugging skeletons".

https://www.resetera.com posted:

Reshade just effects visuals so that should never ever get you banned and cheatengine is software used to cheat a sp game, but the users banned reckon they have't used it for f76 nor was it even running.

Call me skeptical but I'm not sure I buy the "I got banned for using 3rd party cheat software and yeah I had 3rd party cheat software installed on my PC but I promise I wasn't using it! Cross my heart!" Knowing how much 76 is just reused Fallout 4 code I'm sure Cheat Engine works no problem in 76. I've also seen some questionable behavior from a few players. If Bethesda was actually banning people for using mods there'd be more than these few anecdotes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cheat Engine isn't some 1337 hacking tool and it's not really intended to be used for online games (which normally have real anti-cheat, anyway). It's basically the modern equivalent of a Game Genie for giving you extra lives in Super Meat Boy or something. Sometimes it's used to add widescreen support to old games and other innocuous stuff like that.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 25, 2018

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm the bethesda management team member in charge of grading the essays

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

selec posted:

I’m fine if games contain politics, even if I disagree with them, just don’t be a dumbass and insert them clumsily in a nonsensical way.

I too, play batman games.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I could see it being useful for reverse engineering stuff maybe, not that anyone doing legit modding would need to reverse engineer FO76 to do anything since it's built off of the same old junk the last six Bethesda games have been.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wrote my essay, got an F-

loving bethesda teacher doesnt understand what modding is and that its my right as a modder to be able to mod

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Programmers $200
QA $150
Todd $800
Essay graders $3,600
Racist songs $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my company is dying

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Stop hiring substitute teachers.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I mean what fallout 76 really should have been is a fully moddable online-coop-included new fallout game where players can host and customize their own dedicated servers. Let the players unfuck the game's bugs and let us literally create our own fun by physically making it with the creation engine tools.

Going after modders seems about 10 thousand steps away from what might have salvaged the game conceptually.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 25, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

spend less on todd

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Spacedad posted:

I mean what fallout 76 really should have been is a fully moddable online-coop-included new fallout game where players can host and customize their own dedicated servers. Let the players unfuck the game's bugs and let us literally create our own fun by physically making it with the creation engine tools.

Going after modders seems about 10 thousand steps away from what might have salvaged the game conceptually.

How would you even monetize this

You idiot

You absolute buffoon

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Spacedad posted:

That would have been awesome. The game really suffers from the lack of any permanence. Dropping nukes should do more than just add a yellow Instagram filter.

Again, I doubt the two or three Reddit posts from people crying about getting banned blaming it on mods are legit. Not saying Bethesda isn't capable of loving this up but I just find it a bit too suspect.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:lol:
They just can't stop the comedy, can they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Modders could commit the unforgivable crime of making blue textures for clothes and armor, such that Bethesda would lose millions of dollars from the in game store.

Modders = thieves

Pretty clear cut if you ask me

Even worse for Bethesda: it would probably be a better blue texture than what they make, if history is any guide