Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
when was the last time turkey has had to fight an actual war against people that fight back? I assume what they've done in Syria so far is just kill civilians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

mila kunis posted:

when was the last time turkey has had to fight an actual war against people that fight back? I assume what they've done in Syria so far is just kill civilians

The Independence war when all the remaining imperial powers tried to carve up Turkey and got owned by Ataturk.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
greece still doesn't recognize the genocide they committed during the Turkish war of independence

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Also, Turkey is going to invade one of the main perpetrators of the armenian genocide, its a good thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't think the people responsible for the Armenian genocide are still alive

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Jose posted:

I don't think the people responsible for the Armenian genocide are still alive

strange that ppl obsess over it with turkey then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Denying that your country did it is still bad

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

HorrificExistence posted:

Also, Turkey is going to invade one of the main perpetrators of the armenian genocide, its a good thing.

:chloe:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

2 genocides don't make a left

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
HorrificPosts

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that’s karma b*tch

THS
Sep 15, 2017

sunni genocide is next if we dont stop iran and hezbollah

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

The ottoman empire was a transnational state that assured human rights and dignity for all of its citizens until its very conclusion when russians tried to foster religious extremism.

The ottoman empire was destroyed by imperialists who introduced ideas like nationalism where before there was only fraternal cooperation.

Any attempt to restore the great empire is anti-imperialist. It strikes at the artificial states created by the imperialist to rob the muslim world of its wealth and dignity.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The ottoman empire was a transnational state that assured human rights and dignity for all of its citizens until its very conclusion when russians tried to foster religious extremism.

The ottoman empire was destroyed by imperialists who introduced ideas like nationalism where before there was only fraternal cooperation.

Any attempt to restore the great empire is anti-imperialist. It strikes at the artificial states created by the imperialist to rob the muslim world of its wealth and dignity.

you should leave this stuff to getfiscal

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

extremely edgy poster makes edgy posts, news at 11.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ah I was getting NATO confused with the Middle East.

But guess which Middle East country DOES recognize the Armenian genocide? That's right.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Nations_recognising_the_Armenian_Genocide.svg

I'm Armenian-American, so I am aware of Lebanon's and Syria's recognition. Although Syria had a ban on literature about the Genocide until relations with Turkey went to poo poo a few years back.

The thing that really rankles me is Israel's continued arms sales to Azerbaijan. They even sided with them in the last big border clash. My cousins' grandparents were barred from visiting the Armenian Quarter of Jerusalem when touring because that's the "Palestinian" side too.

My grandparents' church had a visiting priest from Aleppo when the civil war broke out. They don't know if he ever found out what happened to his family there. :(

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OhFunny posted:

The thing that really rankles me is Israel's continued arms sales to Azerbaijan. They even sided with them in the last big border clash.

Maybe your people should have thought of that when they decided to not have oil.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Folks, the US has solved Syria even more
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1077253411358326785

I didn't think Iraq would even consider sending troops over the border. I thought there was a lot of pushback from the public the last time it seemed possible.
https://twitter.com/ZeinakhodrAljaz/status/1077257771576246274?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump thinks letting Wahhabists rebuild Syria is a good idea.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

turns out putting a retard in charge of middle east geopolitics was a bad idea

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

turns out putting a retard in charge of middle east geopolitics was a bad idea

Is it though? It is weird that in this instance, the Saudis are cutting their losses and trying to re-align with a Shia government to form some kind of anti-Turkish pact - but they're already allied with Israel so I guess it isn't really that weird.

In any case, Trump basically thinks they're doing him a favor by re-aligning the ME to be anti-NATO.

The upside of all this is, with Iraq willing to deploy in Rojava and Saudi Arabia trying to reconcile with Damascus, basically everyone in the area is licking their lips and rubbing their hands over the oil fields in SDF controlled territory. With everybody else eying those oil fields, it improves the Kurdish negotiating position with Damascus. That's also why Russia is so desperate to get their own soldiers on the border. They want to be sure that Syria keeps the oil.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

is Iraq actually considering deploying to Rojava? I figured they would just be hanging around Hajin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavahbeast posted:

is Iraq actually considering deploying to Rojava? I figured they would just be hanging around Hajin

Turkey also has designs on Iraqi Kurdistan & Mosul. So preserving Syria’s territorial integrity is in their interest.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Well they haven’t done anything about ongoing Turkish attacks on Iraqi Kurdistan.....

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coathat posted:

Well they haven’t done anything about ongoing Turkish attacks on Iraqi Kurdistan.....

Yeah, because it's just KDP goons getting hurt. If they actually threaten the border then that's real poo poo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can anyone name any saudi construction companies particularly suited to this task

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

i say swears online posted:

can anyone name any saudi construction companies particularly suited to this task

Ah I wish I could think of a sick burn here.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

i say swears online posted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/65/Bin_Ladin.jpg/1280px-Bin_Ladin.jpg

:downsrim:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/VivaRevolt/status/1077571045304004608

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Step_Agency/status/1077591379189080065

TFSA operation has began

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Hezbollah, the Shiite political movement and militia that the United States has branded a terrorist organization, has helped ring in the season in previous years, importing a Santa to Beirut’s southern suburbs to distribute gifts.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The biggest skyscraper in the world is currently being constructed by Bin Laden construction company.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

source ur quotes

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

etalian posted:

The biggest skyscraper in the world is currently being constructed by Bin Laden construction company.

I thought they were broke?

Giant Saudi Binladin Group to declare bankruptcy to escape crisis posted:

On September 2015, a construction crane at the Mosque has tragically collapsed, killing at least 107 people and injuring hundreds.

The Saudi government suspended all future contracts with the Binladin Group, began the revise the previous agreements and prevented the company’s board of directors from business travels abroad which inflicted $26 billion damage on the infamous construction firm.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

etalian posted:

Several members of the Family (like Osama's father and his eldest brother Salem) died during what are generally assumed to be fully accidental plane crash.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The greatest demolition company in the world for sure.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/kurd_dril/status/1048392671763615746

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

The greatest demolition company in the world for sure.

The construction company that destroyed a sad failing empire.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1077625088734912514

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

For some reason this is very funny to me.