Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Rad-daddio posted:

uh, soft bullets, water and...APP? I guess it shoots 3 things.

I dunno what APP is, but yes some of them do fire nerf style foam arrows OR water gel beads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Fill it up with some of those GHB beads from a few pages back and get ready to PAAARTAAY! :dance:

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blistex posted:

It was going to be on a walnut vanity I was going to make, but I have instead decided on an undersink option that is on sale at Home Hardware.

Something like this.

FYI the seam where the sink is glued to the underside of the vanity is a tremendous place for grime to accrue and almost impossible to clean.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

EoRaptor posted:

FYI the seam where the sink is glued to the underside of the vanity is a tremendous place for grime to accrue and almost impossible to clean.

Steam cleaner/gun. Blows the grime out of that crack faster than you can go “Oh lawd that’s nasty”

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

EoRaptor posted:

A nice bead of clear silicone makes it flush and seamless.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Horse Clocks posted:

Steam cleaner/gun. Blows the grime out of that crack faster than you can go “Oh lawd that’s nasty”

Just any old gun?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Sormus posted:

Just any old gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7NDP8V-6A

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Remember a couple weeks ago when I realized I could get buttons on aliexpress and I got super excited and ordered a bunch?

I just got my first order and . . . they aren't buttons. They don't have any holes or any shank, so you can't attach them to anything. They're just small useless discs.

aliexpress, ladies and gentlemen

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Anne Whateley posted:

Remember a couple weeks ago when I realized I could get buttons on aliexpress and I got super excited and ordered a bunch?

I just got my first order and . . . they aren't buttons. They don't have any holes or any shank, so you can't attach them to anything. They're just small useless discs.

Dear customer, button holes sold separately.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

lmao

BANG BANG BANG!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anne Whateley posted:

Are you sure you didn't accidentally order tiny poker chips?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Anne Whateley posted:

Maybe hot glue a safety pin to the back of each disc to make a button?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Melt all of the holeless buttons into one enormous button but this time remember to put holes in it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
These are the buttons. They're small, and domed like you would expect shank buttons to be. Obv I didn't see shanks or face holes in the pics so I figured they were drilled from side to side. NOPE
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32835979798.html

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Make tiny little saucers for dolls? Glue them to things and make terrible, etsy style crafts? I always thought button bouquets were pretty awful.

Some artificial flowers I ordered just showed up and the customs slip called them ‘stimulating flower’. :pervert: I wonder if my post lady thinks I have a floral fetish.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Buy a button hole drilling machine from Ali express.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Anne Whateley posted:

These are the buttons. They're small, and domed like you would expect shank buttons to be. Obv I didn't see shanks or face holes in the pics so I figured they were drilled from side to side. NOPE

The link says they’re flatback craft buttons and the description refers to gluing them to scrapbooks and phones (flat surfaces, you wouldn’t want shanks if you’re gluing them). What were you planning on using them for?

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

Those are gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :rory:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duffmensch posted:

The link says they’re flatback craft buttons and the description refers to gluing them to scrapbooks and phones (flat surfaces, you wouldn’t want shanks if you’re gluing them). What were you planning on using them for?

yeah sound like they exactly as pictured and they sent what was ordered.
Probably should have gotten these
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cha...6g1545541408800

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

duffmensch posted:

Right, once you know they're not actual buttons, you can see that reflected in the listing. But if you're just an idiot who's looking for buttons, you see a listing for buttons, and it says they're good for clothes, you would think they're buttons. I don't think they were deliberately misleading, it's just a lesson on how unclear aliexpress can be and how weird of poo poo you can get.

I wasn't expecting shanks, there obviously weren't shanks in the pic and it said they were flatback. Like I said, I assumed they were drilled from side to side. I was going to use them for uhh buttons.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

I bought a bag of buttons from Aldi to make into a rattle, and 20% of them didn’t have any holes either.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anne Whateley posted:

Put them in a candy dish for rude people that take your candy without asking.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Or use them as tokens in your favorite trading card game.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

super sweet best pal posted:

Or use them as tokens in your favorite trading card game.

Or currency when society collapses. Buttoncoin?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Looks like you ordered a lot of slammers but no pogs

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My "not" LAMY Al Star pens arrived today. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc....3da24c4dhbERpS
They are exactly the same as the ones I paid $30 for at a retail store. The parts are all interchangeable and they come with the piston converter installed. The LAMY logo is engraved on the backside where it should be. The nibs feel exactly like a LAMY nib. No retail packaging

Easily the best counterfeit I have ever seen if they even are fakes, im still not sure.
Pictured next to the genuine pen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That’s pretty cool but half the price of the real thing is a little much, I like my knockoffs to be more like 90% off.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

yeah sound like they exactly as pictured and they sent what was ordered.
Probably should have gotten these
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cha...6g1545541408800

Fuuuuuck those have rainbow and trans flag buttons. Im going to have to get some now ahahahaha

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not from AliExpress, but from a budget store who probably buy from them: My niece opened a big tub of foam stickers and they loving STINK of something reminiscent of diesel spilled on the garage forecourt. They've all been chucked in a netting bag and hung from the washing line outside in an attempt to make them less hazardous to human health.

It's kind of impressive in a way.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I bought one of those "armored knight" hoodies a while back. Time will tell, friends. I expect it to come in February sometime.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

goatface posted:

Not from AliExpress, but from a budget store who probably buy from them: My niece opened a big tub of foam stickers and they loving STINK of something reminiscent of diesel spilled on the garage forecourt. They've all been chucked in a netting bag and hung from the washing line outside in an attempt to make them less hazardous to human health.

It's kind of impressive in a way.

Stuff a few dryer sheets in the bag to help with the smell.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Male Tears posted:

I really like the Nest Fragrances line of perfume they sell at Sephora so I decided to gamble $10 and buy a knock-off on Ali. The only thing they seem to have in common with the originals is the bottle shape and the floral themes; the scents are different. I purchased the "Stamen Love" variety. Will update how it smells when it arrives. I am the sole order. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/May...2961402284.html

Update from the seller: "Hello.my dear friend. I am very sorry that your package was returned by security. we can resend it to you or give you a refund. so, what's opinion?"

I told them to resend it. As the sole order, I'm determined to evaluate this $10 knockoff perfume.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do dryer sheets absorb aromatic hydrocarbons?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

goatface posted:

Do dryer sheets absorb aromatic hydrocarbons?

Dunno. They helped when I got a pair of goggles that smelled like a freezer burned sewage pipe.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100pcs-NFC-Ntag215-ISO14443A-NFC-Stickers-Tag-All-NFC-Phone-Available-NFC-Adhesive-Labels/32807395295.html

Good tags, made my kid cousin amiibos for Christmas using these and they all worked perfectly.

They're always that price, don't be fooled.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 25, 2018

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
From earlier in the thread, I got this sweet RC 80's Toyota pickup and customized it to match my dad's, just in time for Christmas.

I couldn't find an exact color matching spray paint, but oh well. I cut up a tire pressure gauge to make the bumper.
The build quality is pretty good for the price, just had to go over it once and tighten down some of the screws. But overall it's an awesome buy.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Achtane posted:

From earlier in the thread, I got this sweet RC 80's Toyota pickup and customized it to match my dad's, just in time for Christmas.

I couldn't find an exact color matching spray paint, but oh well. I cut up a tire pressure gauge to make the bumper.
The build quality is pretty good for the price, just had to go over it once and tighten down some of the screws. But overall it's an awesome buy.

That’s kinda cute

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Apparently a few weeks ago I ordered 100 melamine "magic eraser" sponges from aliexpress and some unfortunate postal employee worked on Christmas Eve to deliver them at 6pm (packaged in black plastic gargage bags with brown packing tape). Sorry about that unfortunate postal employee, they could have waited until the 26th.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

withak posted:

Apparently a few weeks ago I ordered 100 melamine "magic eraser" sponges from aliexpress and some unfortunate postal employee worked on Christmas Eve to deliver them at 6pm (packaged in black plastic gargage bags with brown packing tape). Sorry about that unfortunate postal employee, they could have waited until the 26th.
I'm very curious to know how well these work. Thus far, I have tried genuine Mr Clean brand and Walmart generic brand, I felt the Walmart generic ones fell apart way to easily so I'm kinda nervous about trying an even cheaper Ali brand. I'm also mildly afraid that the Ali brand might melt my skin off. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Have you really not tried ali melamine pads yet? Holy moly that’s the biggest reason to use ali