Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Real loving mature. You sharing that hungry howies with the refugees at the donut store? I'm not mad. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the Vocaroo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

The real sin's playing this pile of donkey doo-doo.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

there were some good bosses in ds2 at least. mirror Knight, velstadt, vendrick, the musical frog. plus the gimmick bosses like four arms in no man's wharf with the rising water and dragonrider with the gaps you can either remove or trick him into falling into. Sotfs pursuer too

the general level design and look and feel of the game really sucks though. having to redo the game halfway through development really hosed it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Killed the blood starved beast last night. No better feeling in gaming

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Oh hells yes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Let me know when you get to the chapter that tells what freaking drugs they were smoking when they made this game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Guy With Japanese Name 1: We were so high when we made this game. [laughter] I suppose it can’t be helped.
Guy With Japanese Name 2: [laughter] There were a lot of drugs we tried while we made [Dark Souls II]. The development team loved to smoke “crack”. It couldn’t be helped.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Guy With Japanese Name 1: We were so high when we made this game. [laughter] I suppose it can’t be helped.
Guy With Japanese Name 2: [laughter] There were a lot of drugs we tried while we made [Dark Souls II]. The development team loved to smoke “crack”. It couldn’t be helped.

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

net cafe scandal posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/PossessedRabbit/status/1078559935921881088

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I just realized after hours that u can hit those obelisks in the Sunken City to make platforms move up and down :doh:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

I just realized after hours that u can hit those obelisks in the Sunken City to make platforms move up and down :doh:

bruh

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I'm really glad they got rid of armor upgrading in DS3. It feels lovely to switch to a different set for specific resists and feel compelled to sink upgrade mats into it, or just switching to some special armor that looks cool but isn't even particularly good and then finding out it needs Twinkling Titanite to upgrade

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In my defense I'm not paying for PS+ right now so I don't get to see soap stones or anything

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Also I'm really glad they got rid of armor upgrading in DS3. It feels lovely to switch to a different set for specific resists and feel compelled to sink upgrade mats into it, or just switching to some special armor that looks cool but isn't even particularly good and then finding out it needs Twinkling Titanite to upgrade

upgradeable armor in ds1 and 2 was really stupid, especially since it made like a 2% difference in the end. BB got it right all that poo poo should just be cosmetic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Upgrading armor...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

upgradeable armor in ds1 and 2 was really stupid, especially since it made like a 2% difference in the end. BB got it right all that poo poo should just be cosmetic

On normal armor in DS2 going from +0 to +10 doubles all the resist stats, it's significant. Stuff that uses Twinkling Titanite doesn't get nearly as much of a boost though. You may be thinking of shields where upgrading does basically nothing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

it wasnt ever really necessary .. just something the JRPG style gamer could do to get a leg up. i never upgraded armour. maybe in ng+7 it might help a bit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
upgrading shields is definitely worth it though. it increases stability a lot. like the silver knight and black knight shields in ds1 started with about 60 stability, and went up to nearly 80 at maximum. which makes them practically as strong as a greatshield except you can parry and fast roll with them

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
if you dumped a ton of souls and materials into armor and shore it up with vit it can make things a bit easier to tank through. whether or not its worth the cost is highly personal

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You would have to be a shameless nitwit to do that so really, it’s not worth it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

You would have to be a shameless nitwit to do that so really, it’s not worth it.

I'm going to be like level 200 with everything at +10 by the time I beat the first DLC.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Wormskull posted:

i mean, if you have nothing else to buy holding on to souls is just a liability imo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

extremebuff posted:

Certain armors and the hand lantern when equipped in BB 1.0 would slow down stamina regen and they patched even that out eventually

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Panty Saluter posted:

i mean, if you have nothing else to buy holding on to souls is just a liability imo

Their just a matter of time.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Their just a matter of time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

folder
Oct 9, 2016

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm really enjoying Dark Souls 2 now . You just gotta get through those first 30 hours then it gets pretty good!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

I'm really enjoying Dark Souls 2 now . You just gotta get through those first 30 hours then it gets pretty good!

if you do the dlc before shrine of amana you can enjoy it going back to being really terrible again for 10 more hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

if you do the dlc before shrine of amana you can enjoy it going back to being really terrible again for 10 more hours

I just got the Giants Kinship and i'm ready to kill Nashandra, i've done like the first couple bonfires worth of all the dlc areas but haven't finished any .