Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Xaris posted:

Count me in as one of the newest switch owners courtesy of my girlfriend.

I already have my eye on the Big Games like Octotraveller, Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids, and of course Smash. One thing, I already play a lot of indie games on Steam and played a lot of the games on the WiiU. I loved BoTW and Captain Toad but is it worth rebuying for the Switch at all? Also are there any indie games that are just so much better on Switch or exclusive? Apologies if that's a commonly asked question.

Also I played Diablo 3 to death on the PC over many seasons, does it do anything remarkably different content wise or well to get it again while it's on sale?

Fortunately I never got Shovel Knight on Steam so now is a good excuse. I'll probably rebuy Rayman Legends since I never beat it. Also probably rebuy Overcooked 2 to play with my gf easier since it's kind of a pain over Steam Link.

Get the exclusives and then work your way out from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

zenintrude posted:

Get the exclusives and then work your way out from there

yeah that's gunna be pretty much the plan, i just figured there might be something worth on the eshop sales right now since I don't know how often they run them. I remember WiiU sales were generally pretty rare.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

Count me in as one of the newest switch owners courtesy of my girlfriend.

I already have my eye on the Big Games like Octotraveller, Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids, and of course Smash. One thing, I already play a lot of indie games on Steam and played a lot of the games on the WiiU. I loved BoTW and Captain Toad but is it worth rebuying for the Switch at all? Also are there any indie games that are just so much better on Switch or exclusive? Apologies if that's a commonly asked question.

Also I played Diablo 3 to death on the PC over many seasons, does it do anything remarkably different content wise or well to get it again while it's on sale?

Fortunately I never got Shovel Knight on Steam so now is a good excuse. I'll probably rebuy Rayman Legends since I never beat it. Also probably rebuy Overcooked 2 to play with my gf easier since it's kind of a pain over Steam Link.
Diablo 3 is amazing on the switch. Being able to use the switches portability to do a few rifts or bounties while waiting anywhere makes up for not having anything diffrent content wise other than the bonus twilight princess ganondorf transmog set, triforce portrait frame, shadowy wings, and cucco pet.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The shadowy wings thing was part of the zelda stuff? Ive only been using the cucco so far.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

s.i.r.e. posted:

To think, with all of the engineering they put into this and they don't have integrated Ethernet? lol

No mCable style integrated AA/upscaler either.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god this rabbid peach is the worst

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xaris posted:

yeah that's gunna be pretty much the plan, i just figured there might be something worth on the eshop sales right now since I don't know how often they run them. I remember WiiU sales were generally pretty rare.

It’s no on sale, but Disgaea 5 recently had a price drop to $40 and is the best game on the system in my opinion.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mister Facetious posted:

No mCable style integrated AA/upscaler either.

yes because built-in additional latency is totally worth slightly less jagged edges

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I am weirdly okay with rabbid luigi but peach has to go

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pharohman777 posted:

Diablo 3 is amazing on the switch. Being able to use the switches portability to do a few rifts or bounties while waiting anywhere makes up for not having anything diffrent content wise other than the bonus twilight princess ganondorf transmog set, triforce portrait frame, shadowy wings, and cucco pet.

Yeah, I already owned it on PS4 but D3 on Switch has been one of my best buys on the system. It’s a great game for playing portably, since you can either sit down for a long binge or kill some time waiting for the bus and make progress either way.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Super Mario Odyssey is really really fun. It’s also nice not having to deal with lives or continues when playing with a younger child...or when you suck.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

so since the game doesn't want to tell me yet, what's all this poo poo for that i'm picking up in the overworld or whatever in Mario + Rabbids?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

so since the game doesn't want to tell me yet, what's all this poo poo for that i'm picking up in the overworld or whatever in Mario + Rabbids?
Coins are for upgrades, occasionally you find a weapon that isn't otherwise purchasable (no big deal if you miss one) and the other stuff is just music/art for the gallery if we're talking about the same things?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Super Mario Odyssey is really really fun. It’s also nice not having to deal with lives or continues when playing with a younger child...or when you suck.

If it werent for jump rope and and volleyball itd be the first mario game I 100% because hooo doggy its a goodun

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Coins are for upgrades, occasionally you find a weapon that isn't otherwise purchasable (no big deal if you miss one) and the other stuff is just music/art for the gallery if we're talking about the same things?

Cool, thanks. Haven't gotten to a point where I can customize much of anything yet.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DoctorWhat posted:

yes because built-in additional latency is totally worth slightly less jagged edges

The mcable doesn’t have noticeable lag according to DF. I’m thinking of picking one up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, I already owned it on PS4 but D3 on Switch has been one of my best buys on the system. It’s a great game for playing portably, since you can either sit down for a long binge or kill some time waiting for the bus and make progress either way.

Diablo 3 Switch also removes the story campaign requirement, something the other versions didn’t have. I own the game on PC, Xbox, and Switch. Primarily play on PC, but I love having some casual rift runs on Switch and leveling up characters all over again.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I bought the Labo 2 for a hundo deal for my 5 and 3 year old. We haven’t finished much and my initial thought was even with the deal 50 seems high, but then I thought about how much time it is taking to build with them. And how I can blow 50 bucks doing anything with them pretty drat easily. Either way the base price is way too high.

Anyway, it is actually pretty fun building them. The tabs give a satisfying click like noise on insert and the engineering is kinda amazing. I definitely suggest building it with them, even with the painful moments when they bend poo poo wrong or run off to do random poo poo. Sometimes I wish I got the robot instead of the other two but eh whatever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DoctorWhat posted:

1ms is too much? :thunk:

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqI5yJOsao

Anyone tried these 8bitdo SNES controllers? They look sick. Controller with a d-pad as the priority movement control really appeals to me.

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day

DoctorWhat posted:

£105 for what looks like a marginal and borderline undesirable effect is the sticking point for me as much as my Switch looks iffy on the 4K TV I sit inappropriately close to.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

number one pta fan posted:

Anyone tried these 8bitdo SNES controllers? They look sick. Controller with a d-pad as the priority movement control really appeals to me.

They’re good. I’d get one but I’m waiting for official SNES controllers that Nintendo will probably make for Switch like with NES.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

They are really good, and they work with just about any device you may have.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pros: feel and look great and authentic, long battery life, lightweight, easily portable, cheaper than an official pro controller, good d-pad

Cons: kind of difficult to set up initially, issues with latency poor range, and is finnicky about connectivity sometimes, buttons are very clicky and loud, as are the rumble motors

The pros outweigh the cons by miles and I love mine. Once you can get the firmware updated and the controller set up it may be the only one you ever use.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

They're good but you're not going to wake the Switch from sleep with one like you can the pro controller or joycons. Just so ya know

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

One question re: 8bitdo stuff; a special dongle is only needed for those NES and SNES all-in-one replica machines, right? I'm 99% sure The Switch and bluetooth computers can just connect with their own hardware, but I wanna be absolutely sure.

Also I really doubt the Pro+ models with the modern dualshock style handles are coming out for "holiday 2018", but how long should I wait for them to pop up? I haven't used a classic controller in a decade or more and I'm worried time hasn't been kind enough to my claws to abide that classic style. Anyone here have issues with it?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There's also the purple orb things for filling out your skill trees.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tuxedo Ted posted:

One question re: 8bitdo stuff; a special dongle is only needed for those NES and SNES all-in-one replica machines, right? I'm 99% sure The Switch and bluetooth computers can just connect with their own hardware, but I wanna be absolutely sure.
Yes, those adapters are only for the classic machines

content
Feb 13, 2014

Anyone notice any lag on Katamari? I’ve played a billion hours of this game on PS2, and this feels off.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Also I really doubt the Pro+ models with the modern dualshock style handles are coming out for "holiday 2018", but how long should I wait for them to pop up? I haven't used a classic controller in a decade or more and I'm worried time hasn't been kind enough to my claws to abide that classic style. Anyone here have issues with it?

PRetty sure those dongles can be used for things like syncing a PS4 or xbone controller to a switch too. Or switch controllers to a pc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

content posted:

Anyone notice any lag on Katamari? I’ve played a billion hours of this game on PS2, and this feels off.

Tv or handheld? It’s probably your tv if the former.

content
Feb 13, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Tv or handheld? It’s probably your tv if the former.

Handheld :/

e: controllers up to date, too.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Evil Fluffy posted:

PRetty sure those dongles can be used for things like syncing a PS4 or xbone controller to a switch too. Or switch controllers to a pc.

The mayflash adapter has a proven track record in this regard.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I haven’t had this happen before but today I took it off the dock and it was charging. (Has been there a few days.) The console was 100% but I got a warning that the connected joycons were dead. Whattup?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

content posted:

It's been a long time since I played it on PS2 but it feels pretty much the same to me, or at least I didn't notice anything off. In fact, I was a little disappointed they didn't update the control scheme.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Just beat Soul Melter on kirby star allies as solo kirby without any powers. I feel incredible.

Now it's time to unlock Soul Melter Ex and do it all over again, but even harder! :v:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Yeah, I have two of the SN30s for my SNES Classic and a SF30 Pro for my Switch and TV and they're all great.

Still got myself a set of the offical NES Joycons, though.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Got my girlfriend a Switch for Christmas. What are some good multiplayer games that either require multiple Switches or are better with multiple Switches? I got her Splatoon and Mario Kart (since we know more than four people who own it and a Switch) and will get her Stardew Valley.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

how did you take a screenshot of your monitor with a ditto machine??