Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

elf help book posted:

i made it 10 minutes into the start of the video and i think im done with the site forever

see you next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

see you next year

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

brad rambling on about how destiny is Good Now and the stupid lore while everyone politely nods and goes "uh-huh" god

That was sad. And then when he told everyone what level he was and everyone was speechless.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

he seemed so incredulous that everyone else in the room liked celeste

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I didnt play a lot of the really big games they spend the most time talking about in the goty stuff so its all doing nothing for me

The winter games and giant rom vids are so good though, go check them out.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thinking about how much of gb week to week content is just dry commentary on the newest single player release vs playing the near infinite array of wierd goofy old fmv games or doing fun competitive multiplayer stuff where you'd get real funny moments is bumming me out though.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

30 hours of conversation culminating with Sad Dad Simulator 2018 taking 1st place.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

spb posted:

That was sad. And then when he told everyone what level he was and everyone was speechless.

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

just wanna say, this

HolePisser1982 posted:

Him, Jeff, and Vinny not liking RDR2 is making me really hyped for the goty podcast
is absolutely the dumbest poo poo ive ever said. who in the loving world wants to hear their boring droning conversations about any of this poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

just wanna say, this
is absolutely the dumbest poo poo ive ever said. who in the loving world wants to hear their boring droning conversations about any of this poo poo

I've been trying to tell people this for years.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Any other good Brad moments though? lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Last year Elf butt and Synthy had me listen to the podcast and after two hours on the third show Alex Navarro finally threw the glove down and said "Alright. Let's get down to brass tacks. We Need to choose the BEST game, not the one we liked the most" and my soul died on behalf of all the people who look forward to this every year.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Last year Elf butt and Synthy had me listen to the podcast and after two hours on the third show Alex Navarro finally threw the glove down and said "Alright. Let's get down to brass tacks. We Need to choose the BEST game, not the one we liked the most" and my soul died on behalf of all the people who look forward to this every year.

lmao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

christ

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To me it's obvious, and I'm sure I've said this or someone else, but these people are morons who can only think about games in retrospect as something that sucked up their time because they have to play 400 of them a year. What can you possibly think would come of them trying to rank a game. Reasoned and critical discussion???? WTF??? lmao. People are literally hype when they go into it agreeing that one game is bad so it's one less game to worry about 9 dopes hemming and hawing over for 3 hours. And... people singling Abby out as the person who ruined Goty is like... Dude. Did you see Alex looking like a alien baby who wants milk, as he said 20 times in a row that Nier holds a special place in my heart because it's Themes speak to me in a personal way. Or Jeff looking like he's on the verge of sobbing because his radio show is Hot Garbage. Or Brad sitting at his own end of the table full-on manspreading as he prepares to filibuster that rear end if Destiny 2 doesn't win lootbox of the year. Their all culpable, if you ask me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brad's probably the only person who's actually recently played a game he talks about because he can technically include Destiny DLC and Dota 2 Updates. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Do they add rules every year to stop the actual fun stuff from happening like Brad's tantrums. Or is the futility of the endeavor finally registered in all the Giant Bomb peoples' minds and it's just lame. It sounds like no lunatic could even make a awesome Brad supercut this year...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

To me it's obvious, and I'm sure I've said this or someone else, but these people are morons who can only think about games in retrospect as something that sucked up their time because they have to play 400 of them a year. What can you possibly think would come of them trying to rank a game. Reasoned and critical discussion???? WTF??? lmao. People are literally hype when they go into it agreeing that one game is bad so it's one less game to worry about 9 dopes hemming and hawing over for 3 hours. And... people singling Abby out as the person who ruined Goty is like... Dude. Did you see Alex looking like a alien baby who wants milk, as he said 20 times in a row that Nier holds a special place in my heart because it's Themes speak to me in a personal way. Or Jeff looking like he's on the verge of sobbing because his radio show is Hot Garbage. Or Brad sitting at his own end of the table full-on manspreading as he prepares to filibuster that rear end if Destiny 2 doesn't win lootbox of the year. Their all culpable, if you ask me.

lmfao but also agreed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only listened to like30 minutes so far but there's a really good moment where Alex posits that Dragon Ball FighterZ warrants a GOTY nomination due to, quote, the unbridled hype it provides, and everyone says Oh Hell Yes. Of Course. Did you see Sonicfox switch chairs? Lmfao. I

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmfao. the abby hate is out of control (wonder why??) fully agreed here

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I've only listened to like30 minutes so far but there's a really good moment where Alex posits that Dragon Ball FighterZ warrants a GOTY nomination due to, quote, the unbridled hype it provides, and everyone says Oh Hell Yes. Of Course. Did you see Sonicfox switch chairs? Lmfao. I

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

In Training posted:

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still watch every old game stream though. And I'll resub at some point to watch the bond videos. Shame their dumbass GTAV heist feature that they've been working on 6 months seems to have completely shut down the east coast content factory...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The biggest travesty is that they got rid of all the gimmick categories this year for no reason. And I bet one of these days is going to be 5 hours of listening to music.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

"Hopefully Abby learns some actual argumentation for this time around" I saw someone said. Dude???? lmfao. You have to think of "Hm, well I don't like this one but I like that one" as the singular essence of trying to do this poo poo in the first place, especially in the position these people are in. A room full of Genius Imps themselves would be the worst podcast ever too. In Training: Hanafura strip rape fighter was loving litty Bob: Oh give it a rest bro. Hollow Night *taps two fingers into the palm of my hand for emphasis* Superb Graphics, Superb Sound Design, Actualyl challengin and charming gameplay Me: Path of Exile Betrayal. And I will NOT budge on this may God strike me dead. *alpha shoemaker kissy face and slicks back my richard spencer hair* Major Isoor: Got top 3 in PUBG with my mates a few times :D And played Settlers of Catan with my parents for Christmas. :D I won but they did a good job for there first times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think you me and Bob would all agree on POE Hype dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also yeah...arguing about insane comparisons is the whole point of the process...this format is just a 18 hour Bombcast

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

"Hopefully Abby learns some actual argumentation for this time around" I saw someone said. Dude???? lmfao. You have to think of "Hm, well I don't like this one but I like that one" as the singular essence of trying to do this poo poo in the first place, especially in the position these people are in. A room full of Genius Imps themselves would be the worst podcast ever too. In Training: Hanafura strip rape fighter was loving litty Bob: Oh give it a rest bro. Hollow Night *taps two fingers into the palm of my hand for emphasis* Superb Graphics, Superb Sound Design, Actualyl challengin and charming gameplay Me: Path of Exile Betrayal. And I will NOT budge on this may God strike me dead. *alpha shoemaker kissy face and slicks back my richard spencer hair* Major Isoor: Got top 3 in PUBG with my mates a few times :D And played Settlers of Catan with my parents for Christmas. :D I won but they did a good job for there first times.

Lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The gently caress?? The whole reason to listen to these things is because it's entertainingly bad like the Tom Cruise movie Cocktail. Last year was the first just plain bad year like a modern Sandler joint. Don't act like you all just suddenly saw the light and Always Hated That poo poo. gently caress out of here with your bitch rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alex just said "squoze".

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I only saw last year's, so that's where I'm coming from, and my thoughts are genuine.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Alex just said "squoze".

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I only saw last year's, so that's where I'm coming from, and my thoughts are genuine.

Last year was just boring, compared to ones past. Like even the legendary Skyrim VS Saints Row Debate was like 11 minutes long, which is less time than they will spend talking about their favorite Destiny 2 DLC shaders this year, probably.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Crying laughing thinking about Comedy Central Presents the Friars' Club Imp Zone Roast

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't stand people speaking earnestly about videogames unless it's wrapped in bacon and deep fried in Lyle gas leak brain damage style irony.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Last year was just boring, compared to ones past. Like even the legendary Skyrim VS Saints Row Debate was like 11 minutes long, which is less time than they will spend talking about their favorite Destiny 2 DLC shaders this year, probably.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Crying laughing thinking about Comedy Central Presents the Friars' Club Imp Zone Roast

imp.zone podcast coming soon.